Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day 3 Seahawk Selections - Updated with Presser Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's that Seattle project. Hopefully he pushes Lawler.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Amara Darboh vs David Moore

Darboh:
H: 6'2"
W: 214 lbs
40y d: 4.45 s
VJ: 36" (36.5" pro day)
BJ: 10.03"
20y s: 4.27 s(Pro day)
3c: 6.81 s(Pro day)

David Moore (Pro day):
H: 6'1"
W: 219 lbs
40y d: 4.43 s
VJ: 36.5"
BJ: 10.04"
20y s: 4.38 s
3c: 6.98 s

Almost identical physical profiles

Both known to be good and willing blockers. This tells me we are looking for Kearse replacement.

NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
brseahawks wrote:

Darboh:

David Moore (Pro day):

Both known to be good and willing blockers. This tells me we are looking for Kearse replacement.

Agreed 100% and was posting this on another forum. Kearse was pathetically abysmal last year. So much that he was benched for Richardson returning from an injury and every non Seattle fan was asking why Richardson wasn't starting due to the injury ignorance.

Kearse is due $7M next year and unless he dramatically improves is nowhere NEAR worth that. $1M? Maybe... he had 20 more targets last year and 8 less receptions, also dropping key balls on multiple occasions. I gave the Kearse extension a D, and so far I'm 100% correct.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
imani wrote:
brseahawks wrote:

Darboh:

David Moore (Pro day):

Agreed 100% and was posting this on another forum. Kearse was pathetically abysmal last year. So much that he was benched for Richardson returning from an injury and every non Seattle fan was asking why Richardson wasn't starting due to the injury ignorance.

Kearse is due $7M next year and unless he dramatically improves is nowhere NEAR worth that. $1M? Maybe... he had 20 more targets last year and 8 less receptions, also dropping key balls on multiple occasions. I gave the Kearse extension a D, and so far I'm 100% correct.
Agreed with all of the above. McEvoy also should be in the mix imo. We are definitely looking for a big bodied guy or two and a Kearse replacement.

We know McEvoy is a special teamer. Given those 40's and where those guys were drafted I would think Special Teams will be a factor in them making the team as well

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Chris Carson pick a lot. Side note Another guy that fits a mould (5'10"-6'0", 215-220 lbs, excellent BJ and VJ).
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are gonna love how Carson runs. Lot of lynch in his game....let's see if that physicality translates well in the pros.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Notes are worth reading imo

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Day 3 Seahawk Selections - Updated with Presser Notes Reply with quote

[quote="Tatupu_64"]4.111 - S Tedric Thompson

Quick Presser Note: John Schneider raved about his ball production multiple times. They talked about his short area quickness and that he is a versatile defender. Pete was asked if he was a fit at FS and in a Pete sort of way said that was where they picked him to play/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-tedric-thompson-s-colorado/

Quote:
STRENGTHS Quality athlete with desired long speed. High school wide receiver with good hands and outstanding ball skills. Can climb the ladder and challenge the jump ball. Works to stay in front of the route rather than trailing. Instincts and athleticism lead him to the throw. Successfully reads quarterback's intentions. Takes the playmaker's path to throws targeting catch point over receiver. Squeezes top of the route in zone. Finished with 10 interceptions at Colorado. Covers skills are a plus. Older brother, Cedric, was exceptional athlete as safety at Minnesota and was drafted by the Dolphins in 2015.

WEAKNESSES Average height for position and needs more muscle on his frame. Desire as a playmaker can be used against him. Bait routes can pull his attention away from deep help responsibilities in single-high looks. Path to ball as downhill tackler needs improvement. Grab-and-drag arm tackler over wrap-up finisher. Tends to attack from angles rather than squared up as tackler. Not much thud behind his pads as a hitter. Missed final four games of 2014 with lingering effects from a concussion.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

BOTTOM LINE Thompson in an instinctive cover safety with strong ball skills and a history of production during his time at Colorado. Lacks physicality to operate around the box, but his football intelligence and playmaking skills will get him drafted and could give him a shot at eventually starting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tedric-thompson?id=2557881

Quote:
Tedric Thompson is a very talented safety and a great value pick in round four. He led the NCAA in passes defended last season (23) and recorded seven interceptions and 16 PBUs. He averaged 1.64 passes defended a game, which is a terrific number even for a defensive back. He really jumped off the screen when watching Colorado in 2016. Hes a rangy, playmaking free safety who will provide special teams value and needed depth behind Earl Thomas.

Huge fan of Tedric Thompson. What has been my main complaint about our secondary and lack of interceptions over the past couple of years?

INSTINCTS! The all-22 tape drove me crazy in 2015 because Earl was playing so deep and didn't exhibit the natural instincts of a center fielder and reason his interception totals are so low. With ET's side line to sideline speed, ET should pick off 7 balls annually. ( Reason Sean Taylor was my 2nd favorite Safety all time, instincts combined with ferocity and ballhawk ability).

Our corners aren't as instinctual either.

Tedric has some ballhawking instinct to his game. I really like this selection and we need quality depth. Tedric provides it. Definitely makes the team.

Great selection for us.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
I like the Chris Carson pick a lot. Side note Another guy that fits a mould (5'10"-6'0", 215-220 lbs, excellent BJ and VJ).

Ditto on that. This is how you find steals. Juco transfer. Gets minor injuries. Runs like a wussy and figures out how to tote with ferocity with 5 games left.

I like Carson and he doesn't fumble, either. We have a stable of backs to choose from. Nice 7th rdr.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tedric Thompson is my favorite pick so far. He is a FS for us. He has range and is a playmaker. Really happy with this one

Agree 100%. Lessens the Obi blow big time. when does TT beat out Earl? Laughing
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tedric Thompson is my favorite pick so far. He is a FS for us. He has range and is a playmaker. Really happy with this one

Agree 100%. Lessens the Obi blow big time. when does TT beat out Earl? Laughing
This is the most Zman most Laughing

I understand why people are concerned about his 40, but instincts makeup for a lot

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wanna read too much into this, but watching the videos of John/Pete calling all the kids when they're drafting them, John looks particularly jacked to have landed Mike Tyson.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Don't wanna read too much into this, but watching the videos of John/Pete calling all the kids when they're drafting them, John looks particularly jacked to have landed Mike Tyson.

Makes sense, I've heard his defense is impregnable

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

Makes sense, I've heard his defense is impregnable
More importantly is his style; it's impetuous

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty jacked up to call Mike Tyson on 1-8-7 pick too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: