Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars select Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook #110 overall
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Jaguars select Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook #110 overall Reply with quote

A little disappointed since I wanted Kittle Sad

lettuce see how he does

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought we'd go WR, but the value at this point is very good.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt he a major character concern? Why we taking WRs with issues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Because the talent must supersede the value.. and they are looking to the future A Rob and Lee are about to be free agents. This team is trying to be forward thinking getting ahead of situations before they happen he can come in this year and work not be depended on to be a focal point he can work on his craft and be ready to contribute yr 2.

He has off the field concerns but you have to think after Coughlin had his trouble with RJ Soward that he has learned from that situation and maybe he sees Westbrook's issues as maybe more of things rooted in maturity than alcohol or drug issues.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Because we obviously think in round 4 the talent outweighs the character concern. Tom is in the fold now and Marrone is a hard [inappropriate/removed] coach, and I think this shows exactly that. They vetted him and feel good with him.

If he can get the off-field troubles under control, it's a great value pick at this point. Most projected him round 2 value wise.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Because the talent must supersede the value.. and they are looking to the future A Rob and Lee are about to be free agents. This team is trying to be forward thinking getting ahead of situations before they happen he can come in this year and work not be depend on to be a focal point he can work on his craft and be ready to contribute yr 2.

Another good point, two of the big three are FA's after next year. Who knows what happens. Plus, one year of Lee being healthy shouldn't make us feel supremely comfortable with his medical history.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dede Westbrook was the only Power 5 conference player with 1,500 receiving yards and 17 TD catches last season, as he finished fourth in Heisman voting. He led FBS with 27 receptions of at least 20 yards, and led the Big 12 in average yards after catch (9.9).
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Because the talent must supersede the value.. and they are looking to the future A Rob and Lee are about to be free agents. This team is trying to be forward thinking getting ahead of situations before they happen he can come in this year and work not be depended on to be a focal point he can work on his craft and be ready to contribute yr 2.

He has off the field concerns but you have to think after Coughlin had his trouble with RJ Soward that he has learned from that situation and maybe he sees Westbrook's issues as maybe more of things rooted in maturity than alcohol or drug issues.

The way some of you talk about Lee, we might as well cut him bc he cant be trusted

And we can totally pay Arob all he wants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

The way some of you talk about Lee, we might as well cut him bc he cant be trusted

And we can totally pay Arob all he wants

We aren't paying all three of our top WR's...and again, Lee can't be trusted. I'm super excited about him and think he can end up being the best of the three but his first two years was injury riddled. How can you go into the season feeling 100% confident with that? Hurns and A-Rob had down years too (QB had a large hand in it, but they still didn't look as good as 2015), and past the top 3 it gets iffy.

It's a strict value pick. In round 4, if you think this guy can be an impact player, take him. This is usually the depth/fringe starters at best type guys. This draft has been regarded as one of the worst OL classes in a long time.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is electrifying. He should be a massive upgrade in the return game and give us some much needed speed on offense.

^^el ramster^^
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he can stay out of trouble I like the pick. Dude can play

I hate the Jaguars
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Personally, i just have a hard time with the idea of "value" superseding that type of issue. Talent doesn't excuse everything.

He does have plenty of talent though. And i'm really glad we did end up with a potentially quality WR out of this draft. Was worried they would rest on their laurels at the position, when i find it really hard to trust Lee. The two other starters are coming off down years, Hurns in particular. And behind that we've got fringe guys like Bryan Walters and Rashad Greene who have no business starting...even as injury replacements. Really not much beyond the Allens and Lee.

Just hard for me to accept and cheer for guys with a history like this. But maybe there's more (or less) to it than that.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jags' GM Caldwell on Dede Westbrook, accused of multiple domestic violence incidents: "...many of us have been accused of things."

Pure garbage. Honestly disgusted this is the team's stance on this.

Live life like you're down 3-1
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Quote:
Jags' GM Caldwell on Dede Westbrook, accused of multiple domestic violence incidents: "...many of us have been accused of things."

Yeah, when I saw the quote I wasn't too happy. Just gotta hope they dug in deep and maybe heard the story isn't true in some of the major aspects...but I'm not sure why he would say something like that to the media/fans when we aren't privy to the information they have because from our viewpoint it looks like a very poor choice of words.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Quote:

The fact that this is his reaction has me more upset than the pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: