Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Round (108): Vince Biegel [LB; Wisconsin]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

It has little to do with losing Biegel. It has lots to do that the depth there isn't good to begin with and now it's worse.

Perhaps, but let's think this through.
Do you think the Packers are aware of this perceived lack of depth ? And were the Packers aware of the OLB depth chart during the draft ?
Why didn't they move heaven and earth to secure another OLB ?
How much of the pass rush plan was dependent on a 4th round rookie ?
Is it possible that the Packers have a vet plan in place ?
Is it possible the Packers have a different view of Fackrell and Eliot than some of the fans ?

Vince Biegel missing a couple of months during his rookie summer shouldn't throw the 2017 pass rush plans into disarray, nor should it materially impact the overall defensive plan. His foot injury should be a temporary and minor inconvenience, one of many this front office plans for during their strategic meetings.

Maybe they got lucky but the Perry re-signed thread was a lot of "what!" and yawns last year. And they were right about that.

I'm not saying have everlasting unwavering faith but sometimes those guys know what they're doing too.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrs3 wrote:
Thoughts on Dean Lowry taking some of Datone's edge snaps?

That'd be interesting to watch. Don't think he can do it, but it never hurts to give it the ol' college try in preseason.

I'm glad to see people aren't trying to determine if Vince Bagel Cream Cheese is injury prone.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
lrs3 wrote:

That'd be interesting to watch. Don't think he can do it, but it never hurts to give it the ol' college try in preseason.

I'm glad to see people aren't trying to determine if Vince Bagel Cream Cheese is injury prone.
this is not going to happen.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Find me a team that's had a crappy position group at CB, S, EDGE or DL that's won a Super Bowl and I'll find you a liar.

Green Bay 2010 OLB starters

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

Put all our DBs from 2010 and 2017 into a fantasy draft and I would take 4 DBs off that 2010 team before I'd draft a single one from 2017. Plus that team had All Pro level BJ Raji and prime Cullen Jenkins. If that D had the EDGE group we had last year that would have been even better than the 1996 SB defense, if it wasnt already.

We don't have that kind of overwhelming talent right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
lrs3 wrote:

Hey, if he plays well, you know some restaurant will pick up on that... Laughing
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
lrs3 wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Cadmus

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Find me a team that's had a crappy position group at CB, S, EDGE or DL that's won a Super Bowl and I'll find you a liar.

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

Put all our DBs from 2010 and 2017 into a fantasy draft and I would take 4 DBs off that 2010 team before I'd draft a single one from 2017. Plus that team had All Pro level BJ Raji and prime Cullen Jenkins. If that D had the EDGE group we had last year that would have been even better than the 1996 SB defense, if it wasnt already.

I call bullchit.

2010 Charles Woodson
2010 Tramon Williams
2010 Nick Collins

You aren't taking a 2010 version of Sam Shields or Morgan Burnett over every single DB we have on the 2017 roster. That's a ridiculous statement.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

I call bullchit.

2010 Charles Woodson
2010 Tramon Williams
2010 Nick Collins

You aren't taking a 2010 version of Sam Shields or Morgan Burnett over every single DB we have on the 2017 roster. That's a ridiculous statement.

For the record, the other DB's on that team were the following:

Jarrett Bush
Anthony Smith
Pat Lee
Atari Bigby(after significant injuries)
Josh Gordy(who was excluded from getting a ring)
Derrick Martin
Charlie Peprah

Shocked
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

I call bullchit.

2010 Charles Woodson
2010 Tramon Williams
2010 Nick Collins

I dunno, I probably would. 2010 Shields was better than any corner we have now (easily). He was playing really, really good ball at the end of the year. Probably better than HHCD or Burnett now.

It's not outlandish.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that got me thinking...how schitty is our luck with these damn head/neck injuries.

I mean seriously??
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
that got me thinking...how schitty is our luck with these damn head/neck injuries.

I mean seriously??

It it truly depressing man. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing up the 2010 pass rushers. Laughing

If we lost Matthews that year, we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl. People forget that Matthews was literally #2 for defensive player of the year that year. Additionally, Charles Woodson had just won defensive player of the year the previous year.

If Matthews and Perry stay healthy this year, fantastic. No problems. If one of them doesn't, we're worse than our 2010 pass rushers. I don't know how anybody could argue that.

Unless you think Perry could be as good as 2010 Matthews or Matthews 2017 could be as good as 2010 Matthews... The point is not about where we're at now, but where we could be at.
Chili

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the current free agents. Elvis Dumervil is one option already mentioned.

How about Paul Kruger? experienced, younger and bigger than Dumervil.
IK Enemkpali is only 25 and has experience in the 3-4 system. Can get a little punchy. Laughing
Howard Jones got 5 sacks in 2015 before suffering a knee injury in 2016. Is he healthy now? He was very athletic at the combine.
Tyler Starr - only remembered him because of hard knocks. He has the size required to play the position but if I recall he isn't particularly explosive.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

Don't gorget that 2010 Clay Matthews was 3 times the player 2017 Clay Matthews is. That alone brings the 2010 v 2017 OLB groups closer in comparison.
packfanfb

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
mikemike778 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Clay
Zombo
Walden
Brad Jones

I call bullchit.

2010 Charles Woodson
2010 Tramon Williams
2010 Nick Collins

Over every 2017 CB, easily. Shields was solid in 2010. The only 2017 "DB" you take over him is HHCD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: