Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day Three Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Love the Cleveland media members who supported Rizzo through his low times after he beat on his wife. Those same guys are bashing the team for taking Brantley. Funny when a middle age man you know does it it's called "a mistake", and one that doesn't represent the "man he really is". But when a young man in college "allegedly" does something, lets end all chances at him getting his dream of playing in the NFL.

Funny how that works.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch that Gordon is done in the NFL ala Justin Blackmon. Such a waste too, we really need help there. Hoping some of the guys drafted last year really take a big step forward.

Now its time for Williams to prove it. He says he takes pride in turning UDFA into all pros. He will need to do that in our secondary.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we got starters at DE, TE, SS, K day 1 then potential starters at QB and DT
Then a possible starter at FS that was UDFA lol wow
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I have a hunch that Gordon is done in the NFL ala Justin Blackmon. Such a waste too, we really need help there. Hoping some of the guys drafted last year really take a big step forward.

Now its time for Williams to prove it. He says he takes pride in turning UDFA into all pros. He will need to do that in our secondary.

He's gonna play this year for someone. I hope it's us but understand people being over all the mess.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

He's gonna play this year for someone. I hope it's us but understand people being over all the mess.

I agree I think he plays.

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

He just turned 26, he is running out of time. I hope he gets his priorities straight and we give him a chance. I don't know if he or we will. He probably has a better chance than us keeping him though.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

He just turned 26, he is running out of time. I hope he gets his priorities straight and we give him a chance. I don't know if he or we will. He probably has a better chance than us keeping him though.

coincidentally, Cris Carter was about the same age when he finally got straight and rebounded. Ended up with a HOF career, and lets be honest, that dude was addicted to cocaine and ecstasy. Gordon doesn't have to go elsewhere to overcome, he can do that right here. And if we did cut him, you know damn well Jerry Jones is gonna sign him. That guy is sticking with Randy Gregory, and supporting him even though he's reported to have failed like 8 drug tests.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may be revamping my view on Kizer and Brantley. Both since they are Browns have forced me to do more research. Looked at more 2015 "film" on kizer and he bird dogged his receivers less in that film. Possible he is better at reading defense than I thought. I still question his processing speed and his accuracy. Two very important skills to be a starting QB. Hue is definitely the guy he needs. By no means does this take us out if the running for a QB next year. Brantley film against Alabama is garbage. Talk about lazy. He gave up about as much as the French.

Again not done, just the initial stages.

Thanks Reg!
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important to look in to:

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
We need to fire the coach who went around telling teams not to draft Caleb Brantley.

It was apparently Brad Lawing, our DL coach under Muschamp who's at FSU now. Probably him being a [inappropriate/removed] trying to negative recruit UF.

If it is Lawing, MKC needs to choose her words better.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Important to look in to:

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
We need to fire the coach who went around telling teams not to draft Caleb Brantley.

It was apparently Brad Lawing, our DL coach under Muschamp who's at FSU now. Probably him being a [inappropriate/removed] trying to negative recruit UF.

Also, there's allegedly video that Brantley pushed his accuser and did not strike her as reported. However, Brantley showed up overweight at his pro day.

brownie man

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Important to look in to:

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Also, there's allegedly video that Brantley pushed his accuser and did not strike her as reported. However, Brantley showed up overweight at his pro day.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/former-gators-dt-caleb-brantley-should-be-mad-at-the-browns-for-selecting-him-in-the-nfl-draft

Quote:
Caleb Brantley situation similar to La’el Collins

But the closest recent situation resembling Brantley’s is that of La’el Collins, a former LSU guard who signed as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys. Collins was a potential first-round draft pick who fell because police were set to interview him about the shooting death of a woman with whom he had previously been in a relationship. Without time to fully explore the development, teams weren’t willing to take a chance on Collins.

But Collins’ agents made them less willing by threatening that he would sit out the season and re-enter the draft if a team selected him after the third round. They took this action because they can do the same math I’m showing above. Collins signed with the Cowboys for similar money as other undrafted free agents. But the concession that the Cowboys made was that they guaranteed all three years of his contract ($1.6 million).

Collins has become a starter on the Cowboys offensive line. He should get a raise after next season because he is a restricted free agent. Had he been drafted in the sixth round, he would have been guaranteed less money and had an extra year before free agency.

Collins’ agents did what was in the best interest of their client to maximize his earning potential in a bad situation. Once he was cleared, he became a first-round talent at a huge discount.

And that’s exactly the approach that Brantley’s agents should have taken. The NFL clarified after the Collins incident that he would not have been eligible to re-enter the draft the next season. Perhaps this is why there were reports of a coach telling teams to stay away.

Initially this seems like a terrible thing for any coach to do, especially anonymously. But Brantley had already cost himself the money that comes with being a first- or second-round pick just based on the timing. My intuition says this information may have been relayed by his agent, wanting to scare away teams from drafting him. But the Browns are a special breed.

pretty interesting article I would check it out

I appreciate the signing even more now.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Important to look in to:

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

One of the articles I read on that website brownie man just linked says she had repeatedly struck him in the arms and chest, but he did not push her until she struck him in the face.

There's got to be video, and it's got to be made public.

I hope they guarantee his contract like the Cowboys did with La'el Collins. Maybe even add a few roster bonuses.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Important to look in to:

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

One of the articles I read on that website brownie man just linked says she had repeatedly struck him in the arms and chest, but he did not push her until she struck him in the face.

There's got to be video, and it's got to be made public.

I hope they guarantee his contract like the Cowboys did with La'el Collins. Maybe even add a few roster bonuses.

This is good news!
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the battery charges don't end up being anything, we got a massive steal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBW2P_8uws

Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
If the battery charges don't end up being anything, we got a massive steal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBW2P_8uws

We deserve a break like that.......

don't we?

After year after year of drafting people (don't want to necessarily call them players) that don't work out, we need to have a great player fall into our laps like this.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: