Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2017 NFL Draft Review Thread - DONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
I'll get the second round up this weekend.

I'll give you a pass, just this once, though. We're paying you to meet deadlines.

Seriously, keep up the good work and whenever you get around to posting it, I'll be happy to see it, as I'm sure many others will be. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
^ ive always believed it's more so the coaching, developing and usage of these players more so than the actual players talents. Those successful teams know how to use these prospects in their system to be successful, unsuccessful teams are banking on these players be studs already which almost always a recipe for disaster as even the most talented prospects need help. This is especially true for the mid rounders down.

To some extent, better teams ID talent and find ways to use them to their max potential. That's a fair statement for sure. But, if you have a kid who's 100 percent coachable, dedicated, but doesn't have the elite measurable skills (speed, strength, agility, hand-eye coordination, body control) that are needed to succeed at that position, at least at the minimum threshold - well, then, those prospects will still fail.

Quote:

I think it is quite obvious that there is a huge difference in the ability of the better teams to evaluate talent. Most of the consistent NFL teams have had GM's who were far superior talent appraisers compared to GM's on consistent losing teams.

You can coach up a kid whose physically talented enough to play in the NFL. You can't give the skills necessary to a player who can be coached up but doesn't have the skills. The problem is you usually need both talent and coachability (for lack of a better term) to succeed in the NFL (but the 2nd is partly dependent on the team and player, not just the player, whereas the 1st is solely dependent on the player - identifying the guys with that talent
& coachability is on the team).

I would say that most of the drafted players have the physical ability to play in the NFL, it's their mental capacity that often lets them down. Some coaches just seem to find talent where few thought a prospect had any. Look at BB with Edelman.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added some second round thoughts. Will add more later.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not arguing with your analysis because I've only seen 2-3 tapes of Ogunjobi, but why do you say he overthinks the game?

From what I see out of him, he's an explosive 3-Tech that works his butt off against the run. Needs to refine his hand usage in pass rush situations. Played some 1-Tech and did very well, albeit against inferior competition. I don't ever see him becoming a superstar, but I think he's at least an average starting 3-Tech. I'm gathering you've seen more of him than I have, so educate me.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Not arguing with your analysis because I've only seen 2-3 tapes of Ogunjobi, but why do you say he overthinks the game? I'm gathering you've seen more of him than I have, so educate me.

It has nothing to do with his tape.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Not arguing with your analysis because I've only seen 2-3 tapes of Ogunjobi, but why do you say he overthinks the game? I'm gathering you've seen more of him than I have, so educate me.

That's fine...but where are you getting the notion that he overthinks the game? It may very well be the case...idk...but I wonder where you heard that.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

That's fine...but where are you getting the notion that he overthinks the game? It may very well be the case...idk...but I wonder where you heard that.

What is there to think about? Its either don't get moved out of the A gap or protect both strong A and weak A. Nothing at all to think about.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

What is there to think about? Its either don't get moved out of the A gap or protect both strong A and weak A. Nothing at all to think about.

Apparently he disappeared to take several hours to think about how he can answer the question.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

It was a scout quote from JS Online.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will finish the 4th/5th round tomorrow.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You skipped Tyus Bowser.

Interesting that you said Marlon Humphrey was about the easiest pick to predict. If I had 10 guesses when the Ravens were on the clock, I'm not sure he would have even made the list.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
You skipped Tyus Bowser.

Interesting that you said Marlon Humphrey was about the easiest pick to predict. If I had 10 guesses when the Ravens were on the clock, I'm not sure he would have even made the list.

The Alabama connection coupled with me thinking Ozzie Newsome saw some Chris McAllister there. I thought he was their guy. Thanks, I'll get Bowser in there.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a few more. Will add more later today.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you have crapped on our entire draft thus far. Laughing
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
Man you have crapped on our entire draft thus far. Laughing

Don't worry, I'm wrong like everyone else. Very Happy

1st-3rd are done.

Onto the fourth I go.

This takes forever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: