Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cook and Mixon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
battle2heaven wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings Fan here:

As a Player: Mixon > Cook
"Character": Mixon > Cook

The offenses of Cook are more likely to be repeated then Mixon IMO

To be fair to Cook. It looks like he's put in effort for the better; as there has not been any transgressions since 2015.

That's fine. But theres no football reason why Cook goes ahead of Mixon, the reason it happened is because Mixon's offense was on video, while Cook's multiple offenses had no video.

Oh come on. "football reasons" are on the football tape against football players over the past 3 football seasons. That's ridiculous to think otherwise. You might have preferred Mixon. But Cook was the most prolific rusher in FSU history for a reason; and the tape shows some amazing stuff.
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some "football" reasons per PFF

Cook averaged 4.2 yards after contact per attempt last season, second-highest among halfbacks in this draft class.

Cook’s 88.8 overall grade last season was second-best among halfbacks

Led the FBS in elusive rating, breaking 99 tackles (92 on rushes, seven on receptions) and averaging 4.19 yards after contact.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
here are some "football" reasons per PFF

Cook averaged 4.2 yards after contact per attempt last season, second-highest among halfbacks in this draft class.

Cook’s 88.8 overall grade last season was second-best among halfbacks

Led the FBS in elusive rating, breaking 99 tackles (92 on rushes, seven on receptions) and averaging 4.19 yards after contact.

Scored 20 touchdowns each of the past 2 seasons and rushed over 1600 yards and 1700 yards respectively.

Mixon is good back and I think he's going to be great in the NFL but there is nothing outside of his size that separates him from Cook on the football field.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
battle2heaven wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Vikings Fan here:

As a Player: Mixon > Cook
"Character": Mixon > Cook

The offenses of Cook are more likely to be repeated then Mixon IMO

To be fair to Cook. It looks like he's put in effort for the better; as there has not been any transgressions since 2015.

That's fine. But theres no football reason why Cook goes ahead of Mixon, the reason it happened is because Mixon's offense was on video, while Cook's multiple offenses had no video.

Oh come on. "football reasons" are on the football tape against football players over the past 3 football seasons. That's ridiculous to think otherwise. You might have preferred Mixon. But Cook was the most prolific rusher in FSU history for a reason; and the tape shows some amazing stuff.

I actually preferred neither of them get drafted by Minny. Didn't think RB was that big a need this year to invest that capital, prefer to wait till round 4 or so. But, I think Mixon was the better football prospect, & his off-field offenses were not as significant, and higher likelihood of not repeating.

I was happy when Mixon was taken by Cinny, and stays away from GB or other rivals.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But, I think Mixon was the better football prospect, & his off-field offenses were not as significant, and higher likelihood of not repeating.

Ok that's fine, but to say there was no football reason is extremely injust.
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that are saying Cook is unathletic need to take a step back and stop analyzing the underwear olympics so heavily. It's absurd to think that he isn't going to succeed due to a lack of athleticism. He ran in the 4.4's in the 40. More importantly on the field he rarely if ever gets caught from behind. He's outran several angles, he has shown thw ability to make people miss, and string to together several quick cuts on plays. He's versatile as well. He's certainly more athletic than Devonta Freeman who has done just fine thus far. As a player Cook has tons of talent and explosive ability. I don't see how that can be questioned. As a person...Theres certainly red flags. If he stays out of trouble and healthy he will be a good RB in the NFL
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue I have with Cook's athleticism are his hips. He's slightly high-cut and cannot drop his hips. He can lean them and get relatively low but it is an athletic limitation. I noted it here during the season. It really showed up during his 3-cone.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at Cooks combine results similar to the way I looked at AJ Greens. He may not have lit it up but it was solid numbers and the on-the-field shows me a dynamic athlete even if the numbers don't...
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
The only issue I have with Cook's athleticism are his hips. He's slightly high-cut and cannot drop his hips. He can lean them and get relatively low but it is an athletic limitation. I noted it here during the season. It really showed up during his 3-cone.

I know what you mean, Calhoun. I have always felt the same way about Jennifer Lopez - she's beautiful, but just too heavy in the hips. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: