You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cook and Mixon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
swiss_vike wrote:
I would have preferred Mixon for the Vikings - at the original position and keeping the picks.

Cooks is slightly better overall, but Mixon is better between the tackles.

I'm not happy about the trade up for Cook - but he's going to be a fine player.

Laughing no

I don't agree with LIG often but he's right. Mixon's biggest weakness (on the field) appears to be breaking tackles. If our OLine doesn't improve from last season, this could be the biggest limiting factor in Mixon living up to his on the field potential...
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it matters whether someone had a one time mistake or is a habitual offender.

As far as I know Mixon hasn't done anything bad since the incident. Aside from ESPN seeing viewers and thus beating the dead horse from their high horses, i would prefer a player who made one mistake over a guy who runs with a bad crowd, and has a history of incidents.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
As far as I know Mixon hasn't done anything bad since the incident.

There was a second incident where he tore up a parking ticket and tried to pull a "don't you know who I am" with the person writing it, but the next time someone's first reaction to a parking ticket is "I deserved that" that will be the first time that has ever happened.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most teams have these analysts who constantly blast these kids to lower their value and then they draft them. Happens all the time yet most just ignore it.

Garett Bolles was suspended 5 times, involved in drugs, and arrested for vandalism yet no one mentions it. He was drafted in the 1st round! Can you smell the hypocrisy? Garett Bolles was a thug.

Mixon punched a woman after she called him a racial slur. Should he have hit her? Nah. A better man would walk away but we're talking about a teenager at the time. It was caught on tape so NOW people still want to bash him AFTER he missed a season of football? GTFOH! I'm quite sure there are more things that we don't know about but why worry about what I don't know or can't control.

Riley Cooper used a racail slur and was caught on tape. He went unpunished by the NFL and was rewarded with a contract soon after Shocked I'm using facts. I could care less how your personal views on life are.

Dalvin Cook is a thug. I'm not even going there with him.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Most teams have these analysts who constantly blast these kids to lower their value and then they draft them. Happens all the time yet most just ignore it.

Garett Bolles was suspended 5 times, involved in drugs, and arrested for vandalism yet no one mentions it. He was drafted in the 1st round! Can you smell the hypocrisy? Garett Bolles was a thug.

Mixon punched a woman after she called him a racial slur. Should he have hit her? Nah. A better man would walk away but we're talking about a teenager at the time. It was caught on tape so NOW people still want to bash him AFTER he missed a season of football? GTFOH! I'm quite sure there are more things that we don't know about but why worry about what I don't know or can't control.

Riley Cooper used a racail slur and was caught on tape. He went unpunished by the NFL and was rewarded with a contract soon after Shocked I'm using facts. I could care less how your personal views on life are.

Bolles didn't knock a little lady out. Owns his mistakes acknowledges what his issues were and has moved past it. Mixon tore up a ticket and threw it in someone's face.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...

Last edited by Counselor on Mon May 01, 2017 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

There was a second incident where he tore up a parking ticket and tried to pull a "don't you know who I am" with the person writing it, but the next time someone's first reaction to a parking ticket is "I deserved that" that will be the first time that has ever happened.

Oh no! He ripped a parking ticket Laughing Laughing I've ripped up a speeding ticket in front of an officer. It doesn't matter because I still had to pay it. I ripped it because I was frustrated that I got caught for speeding *$187
I would love to look in some of you guys' closets Rolling Eyes I bet many of y'all would be arrested Laughing

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Oh no! He ripped a parking ticket Laughing Laughing I've ripped up a speeding ticket in front of an officer. It doesn't matter because I still had to pay it. I ripped it because I was frustrated that I got caught for speeding *$187
I would love to look in some of you guys' closets Rolling Eyes I bet many of y'all would be arrested Laughing

I've got a Remington 870 in mine. That I own legally. I'm not going to jail...

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

In Jr High and High school. Then he went on a mormon mission preaching god and love. 0 trouble since high school and 0 problems (other than penalties) in college. So he was a punk kid, but that was years and years ago. Hardly would classify that as hypocrisy.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cook and Mixon Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
am interested to read of guys' opinions of the Vikings passing on Mixon and drafting Cook....
Not that drafting Mixon would have been bad but I liked Cook more. Do not look forward to playing him twice next year.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw Cooks combine numbers and couldn't care less how he looked on a college field. Poor athletes aren't going to succeed often in the NFL - wanted nothing to do with him regardless of his off-the-field issues.

Mixon, I wanted as a football player. I don't concern myself much with off-the-field stuff because none of us have any idea. I trust the GB FO's vetting process so if they had drafted him, I would feel fine about his character.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
saw Cooks combine numbers and couldn't care less how he looked on a college field. Poor athletes aren't going to succeed often in the NFL - wanted nothing to do with him regardless of his off-the-field issues.

Gtfo

One day of running drills with no pads definitely out weighs three years of production and becoming the all time leading rusher in FSU history.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Gtfo

One day of running drills with no pads definitely out weighs three years of production and becoming the all time leading rusher in FSU history.

of course. there's a minimum threshold for athleticism for most positions. How many successful NFL RBs have his performance numbers? Go find them and report back.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Gtfo

of course. there's a minimum threshold for athleticism for most positions. How many successful NFL RBs have his performance numbers? Go find them and report back.

Yeah, not many HBs have had large success with that little athleticism.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Gtfo

Youre the one making lazy accusations. Maybe you should go watch his college tape first and then report back.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So unathletic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: