You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Janis has an edge over Allison because of special teams. Don't know why that's not obvious by now. Allison is probably gonna be the odd man out, especially considering his... Uh... Personality.

Personality? Eh?

You never saw his old tweets scandal thing?

I think that's what he's referring to.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I'm happy with this Draft. I absolutely love the Kevin King pick. I would've been happy with him at 29 Overall, but I'm really happy getting him at 33 and picking up 4.1 to use on Vince Biegel. I wanted Offense-Offense in the 4th Round, but Biegel is a good player that can be moved to ILB for depth potentially, or he can be used on the outside as a Jack. It'll be interesting to see where the Packers want to use him.

On Day 2, I think Josh Jones was picked to replace Morgan Burnett when his contract is up. Montravious Adams is a good depth player and possible future starter.

Day 3 I mentioned Biegel, but we also got Jamaal Williams in the 4th. I think the Packers look golden on that pick. They waited quite a while to get a RB which was risky, but they got one of the last really solid RB's at 4.28. DeAngelo Yancey seemed like a bit of a reach in the 5th Round, but he is a WR in the typical Packers mold. We like those 4.5 40 guys that are strong, just over 6', with some weight. We then went Aaron Jones, who I don't mind, but didn't really love the pick after already haven taken Jamaal Williams. I think there was other talent to be had, but they weren't feeling comfortable at RB most likely. Kofi Amachia was projected as an OG/C from what I saw and played OT in college I believe, so he seems like a perfect fit for a backup C in the ZBS. Devante Mays is a nice big RB at 230 lbs, so I don't mind him even as the 3rd RB because I think he plays to fill different roles than the other 2 RB's. Malachi Dupre was my top WR left at the time, and I really like him. I think he was held down by terrible LSU QB's. Keep an eye on Dupre to make some real noise, and possibly compete to be a returner, even though he didn't do it in college. One weird thing is we doubled up on WR but didn't take a guy who returned in college.

Overall, I give this Draft a B. I think we started off strong but then lacked balance on Offense and Defense, lacked getting guys who will make quick impacts, and we didn't really fill all of our needs. I think Day 3 was very average, Day 1 was very good (including King in that), and Day 2 was good like I said, but it's just going to add starters right away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I love the Ravens draft, and the Tim Patrick udfa signing is the cherry. Ugh.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Chili

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to recap. I liked our draft. I liked the fact we drafted so many players. Especially with an emphasis on speed and athleticism. I already knew in the back of my mind that the Packers would have to restock the roster having lost several guys to free agency as well as to upgrade on several positions.

There's certain things I would've changed such as Vince Biegel. Can we honestly say at start of day 3 that he was the very best player available? I feel like we drafted a try hard player with limited upside who ultimately won't ever start for the Packers.

Size-wise and athletically Williams and Perine are similar. However Williams is more of a Ryan Grant type RB whilst Perine is more of a Jordan Howard type RB. However Perine is a couple of years younger. I just feel we should've taken him instead of Biegel.

and instead of Williams we may have had a shot at Eluemunor or Asiata to shore up our interior OL depth.

Other than that I loved the triple dip. Brought in a highly athletic pass catching RB and a relatively unknown powerback. Always good to shore up a position with severe lack of depth.

I will be the first to admit that I did not research on WRs at all. I didn't think it was a position of high priority for the draft. To draft two WRs is very surprising...at first glance it seems like a waste. Why not draft a developmental TE who could allow us to finally move on from R.Rodgers or an highly athletic OLB prospect?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just breezed through all the teams picks.

Nobody had a bad draft. This draft was much deeper than I realized. Looks like everyone should grade out very well.

Besides the Bears.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drop this comment here for lack of a better place...

Before Day Two I had been getting heated up over the possibility of bringing in Mixon, but the media attention after he was drafted has been brutal at times.

Now I'm thinking better them than us.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopackgo247 wrote:

Nobody had a bad draft. This draft was much deeper than I realized. Looks like everyone should grade out very well.

Besides the Bears.

I really like what the browns did. Honestly
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:

Besides the Bears.

I really like what the browns did. Honestly
I like that they got the QB they wanted. Even what they had to give up, if he ends up the franchise guy, awesome for them. But the rest of the draft is ew.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39

Jump to: