Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Reply with quote

2 hours until we draft Carl Lawson, and I lose it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in another thread about who I want for Day 3, but to move those thoughts here, I'm going to be extremely upset if we don't get Offense. I absolutely love WR Chad Hansen CALIFORNIA here. OG Dorian Johnson PITT would be a great pick here, although I think OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M is more likely, and possibly better. I really like TE's Jake Butt MICHIGAN or better yet George Kittle IOWA, but we signed two TE FA's. There are some other WR's I wouldn't mind like Josh Malone TENNESSEE, but I just like Hansen the best personally. We do really need a RB, and Samaje Perine OKLAHOMA would make a lot of sense, who could be a short yardage/goal line back, backup FB, and could handle carries to close out games in blowouts. Matthew Dayes NC ST, Jamaal Williams BYU, and Marlon Mack SOUTH FLORIDA are all solid options as well.

One thing I didn't mention in my other post, and people might call me crazy, but I really wouldn't mind a QB at this point. I think a guy like Brad Kaaya MIAMI is great value here. I'm not a huge Josh Dobbs guy, but he has upside as well. There really aren't many QB's so if we want one I think it makes sense to take one now. People might ask why we would take a QB but it's a strategy we have to take a QB almost every year, and with the possibility of trading Hundley soon, we could actually use another QB. Nathan Peterman PITT Is there, but I just think his upside isn't quite high enough to feel the need to take him this highly, but if he fell to the 5th or 6th then maybe. Hundley went in the 5th but we traded multiple picks to get him, so it'll be interesting to see if they consider a QB in the 4th, especially at 4.29.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

booo

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Billy1986

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, really, really want us to go for Lawson - that's boxes ticked for replacing Shields & Hyde and solidifying our DBs a lot more. Let's not forget Rollins and Randall had injury problems last year and were both excellent as rookies, or rather excellent for rookies. If they get back to that, Jones & King impress and Haha/Burnett just do what they have been doing we have a seriously good secondary. House also means better depth and familiarity.

Between Francois as a FA and Adams yesterday we have made some very good gains on the DL also, question marks over Adams but the potential is there and I've personally got a lot of faith in Kenny Clark - never really expect much from rookie DTs personally.

But LB remains a question mark in a few ways. Perry was great last year and Ryan and Martinez impressed me but I certainly wouldn't call them proven (even Perry to some extent, want another double digit sack year out of him) and Matthews is slowing down. Guys like Tripp or Fackrell might surprise us, but Lawson would add so, so much more cause for optimism.

Otherwise, a RB is a must - we all know about Ted rarely trading up, but I would be delighted if we got Lawson and moved up for Perrine. For me, we could pretty much stick a pipe in it and call it a top quality weekend if we managed that. Don't think it can happen but a boy can dream!

Otherwise, I want to see one or two on the OL to develop - mid/late round linemen might just be Thompson's strongest suit actually and picking up Jahri Evans was immense in terms of the wiggle room it gave us here. Think we can leave this until the 5th rounder(s), but wouldn't mind late 4th if very little is there at RB when it comes to it. I've got all the faith in the world that TT can get us starting quality players right through to near the end of the draft along the line. And then a deep threat WR to develop would be nice buy by no means a must-have - loved how Allison came on late last year - but we all know TT loves late round WRs so it's probably going to happen.

Sometimes I think Thompson tries to be a bit to 'cute' with his picks, but I'm really hoping in about two hours time we are celebrating getting Lawson (and if not, Perrine)... and in a perfect world, not long after that we're celebrating a trade up to get the other of those two even more! Laughing
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man why do we have another day 3 thread? Laughing

First one to 10 posts gets to stay.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some names because why not:

Sam Perine
Issac Asiata
Ben Boulware
Jalen Reeves-Maybin
Brad Kaaya
Vince Biegel
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy1986

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I posted in another thread about who I want for Day 3, but to move those thoughts here, I'm going to be extremely upset if we don't get Offense. I absolutely love WR Chad Hansen CALIFORNIA here. OG Dorian Johnson PITT would be a great pick here, although I think OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M is more likely, and possibly better. I really like TE's Jake Butt MICHIGAN or better yet George Kittle IOWA, but we signed two TE FA's. There are some other WR's I wouldn't mind like Josh Malone TENNESSEE, but I just like Hansen the best personally. We do really need a RB, and Samaje Perine OKLAHOMA would make a lot of sense, who could be a short yardage/goal line back, backup FB, and could handle carries to close out games in blowouts. Matthew Dayes NC ST, Jamaal Williams BYU, and Marlon Mack SOUTH FLORIDA are all solid options as well.

One thing I didn't mention in my other post, and people might call me crazy, but I really wouldn't mind a QB at this point. I think a guy like Brad Kaaya MIAMI is great value here. I'm not a huge Josh Dobbs guy, but he has upside as well. There really aren't many QB's so if we want one I think it makes sense to take one now. People might ask why we would take a QB but it's a strategy we have to take a QB almost every year, and with the possibility of trading Hundley soon, we could actually use another QB. Nathan Peterman PITT Is there, but I just think his upside isn't quite high enough to feel the need to take him this highly, but if he fell to the 5th or 6th then maybe. Hundley went in the 5th but we traded multiple picks to get him, so it'll be interesting to see if they consider a QB in the 4th, especially at 4.29.
I don't know that we really nee to focus on offense at this point - Perrine being an exception I would not argue with, would probably be my #2 player to go for after Lawson.

Look at our line - Bakh is a mid 4th rounder, Linsley a mid fifth rounder, Taylor a UDFA, Tretter was a late 4th rounder, Lang an early/mid 4th rounder and Sitton was the last of the 4th round supplementary picks. Spriggs I think Spriggs is going to develop into a really good player and am quietly optimistic over Murphy. I do think we should definitely be taking AT LEAST one OL man but don't think we need to at all with the 4.1 pick, especially with Lawson and Perrine there.

At WR, we've got three 1,000 yard receivers. The problem of course is Jordy is getting up in years (but is still top quality) while Cobb has shown he isn't a #1 and Adams probably wouldn't be either. Still, it's a very good unit and Allison might well to be a 40 catch, 600yd guy this year in my opinion - the main reason he would not be is that on top of the other three, we've got ourselves two very good, 50+ catch TEs still in the prime of their careers through FA. If it comes to it or if we want to confuse defenses, Ty can also of course slip outside to WR.

Unless we want to do a project in rd 6 or 7, I really don't see why we would want a QB. Rodgers has a good few years in the tank and personally Hundley has impressed me whenever I have seen him. Late on sure, but with genuine needs at pass rush, a pounding RB to offset Ty and depth/development guys on the OL, I just don't see much sense in taking a RB before addressing those three needs (unless we feel we get stuck with absolutely nothing in those spots when we are on the clock).

For me, in order it's:
1. Pass rush.
2. RB
3. OL depth/development
4. The rest -- probably with a developmental deep threat WR taking priority.
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Bucky Hodges Reply with quote

What would be the downside of taking Bucky Hodges at 4.1? Could he play wide?
Billy1986

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bucky Hodges Reply with quote

Mr. Fussnputz wrote:
We've still got two glaring and immediate needs at premium positions, and he addresses neither. I'm not a big fan of drafting for needs, but when two of the top 3-5 guys in most people's lists (Perrine, Lawson) are in those two spots it would in my opinion be foolish to pass them up. Just my $0.02c.
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks, Billy. Was just wondering why he was still available. 4th round is usually when TT goes OL anyway. I could see him taking a G at 4.1 and a C/G at 4.28. That would solidify the OL after losing both guards in two years. Then tabbing a RB in round 5. Johnson from Pitt is sitting there and is the top rated G right now. Can't wait to see what happens.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential Fits at 4 Positions (That I have draftable grades on).

RB

Samaje Perine
Marlon Mack
Brian Hill
Jeremy McNichols
Joe Williams
Aaron Jones

CB

Nate Hairston
Brian Allen
Xavier Coleman

EDGE

Vince Biegel
Carroll Phillips (ILB/OLB)
Samson Ebukam
Carl Lawson
Keion Adams
Noble Nwachukwu
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Avery Moss
Hunter Dimick
Joe Mathis (7th/UDFA)

OL

Isaac Asiata
Nico Siragusa
Kofi Amichia
Jermaine Eluemunor
Levon Myers
Aviante Collins
Corey Levin
J.J. Dielman
Kyle Fuller (C-Only)
Chase Roullier (C-Only)
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Potential Fits at 4 Positions (That I have draftable grades on).

RB
Samaje Perine (4th)
Marlon Mack (6th)
Brian Hill (6th)
Jeremy McNichols
Joe Williams
Aaron Jones

CB
Nate Hairston
Brian Allen
Xavier Coleman

EDGE
Vince Biegel (4th)
Carroll Phillips (ILB/OLB)
Samson Ebukam (6th)
Carl Lawson (5th-6th)
Keion Adams
Noble Nwachukwu
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Avery Moss
Hunter Dimick
Joe Mathis (7th/UDFA)

OL
Isaac Asiata (5th)
Nico Siragusa (5th)

Kofi Amichia
Jermaine Eluemunor
Levon Myers (5th)
Aviante Collins
Corey Levin
J.J. Dielman
Kyle Fuller (C-Only)
Chase Roullier (C-Only)

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Johnson Reply with quote

Cadmus, I notice you don't have Johnson on your OL list. What don't you like?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bucky Hodges Reply with quote

Mr. Fussnputz wrote:

I think Bucky Hodges is a figment of somebody's imagination. He's a project no matter where you play him.

Totally on board with replacing RichRod with Kittle though.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Vikes picking at 4.2, does Ted take Johnson off the board and away from a division rival?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: