Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our first..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooters22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our first.. Reply with quote

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our first pick correct again. I know either on here or other old forum's that I may have been on that I have stated hands down I don't know anybody who gets our first pick predicted more accurately and it isn't even close.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwip3KbB28nTAhUBMGMKHQFnB8oQFghSMAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fpackers%2Fmcginn%2F2017%2F04%2F26%2Fmock-draft-bob-mcginns-projections%2F100929770%2F&usg=AFQjCNGBXfr0ARmDppH_KAxfgCGJ7JHflg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiC44jo28nTAhUBVWMKHb_OAF4QFggiMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fsports%2Fpackers%2Fbob-mcginns-first-round-mock-nfl-draft-b99714826z1-377378741.html&usg=AFQjCNEXBDtU6yN-KW_1Xq9x-bvDqxscsg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiC44jo28nTAhUBVWMKHb_OAF4QFggiMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fsports%2Fpackers%2Fbob-mcginns-first-round-mock-nfl-draft-b99714826z1-377378741.html&usg=AFQjCNEXBDtU6yN-KW_1Xq9x-bvDqxscsg

If my memory serves me right he got the Kevin King correct, Kenny Clark, Datone Jones, Nick Perry, Nick Barnett, Bubba Franks, Jamaal Reynolds, Antuaan Edwards, AJ Hawk, BJ Raji, and Wayne Simmons picks all correct. I may be wrong or missing one or two. Either way that list is fairly accurate. I don't know anybody that is even close to as good as how he projects our pick every year.

The day leading up to the draft I looked at his prediction and didn't think he was going to be right. I honestly thought we were going to take a edge rusher or Joe Mixon all day long, I was convinced that this year I was smarter than Bob McGinnn. I had been entered into a draft prediction contest on here and had actually considered throwing Kenny King in my list of first round picks, but I didn't. I gave Bob McGinn some benefit of doubt and threw Kenny King into my 2nd round projections.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got lucky. Just look at how horrible his mock is. He was way off on most of the mock, and we traded down to 33 to get Kevin King, instead of taking him at 29. And you can say that's being technical, but he did have a CB (Tre'Devious White) going between 29 and 33.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got 27 of 32 first round picks correct, that's not bad. This draft was one of the most difficult to gauge in recent memory, per numerous personnel evaluators.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
He got 27 of 32 first round picks correct, that's not bad. This draft was one of the most difficult to gauge in recent memory, per numerous personnel evaluators.

Correct player and team? or 27 of the 32 names in his first round were first round picks?

Seems to me we had less surprise picks off the board, just the order was crazy.

Edit: I'm not going to check because I hate giving him clicks.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

27 of the 32 correct players, not player:team matches.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGinn knows his stuff for sure, he just makes too many fluff-click-bait BS articles that it is tough to read the last couple of years.
Mazrimiv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The huddle report makes an effort to track the accuracy of a lot of mock drafts. McGinn has been pretty good in past years. Not so much this year.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/thr/mock.scores.shtml
Donzo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our fir Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our first pick correct again.

By "first pick again", are you telling me he predicted the Packer would trade down out of the first round and pick King?- that would be impressive... For predicting the Packers would pick King, I also predicted that like a ten million other people...

The reson I ask is I don't click on mcscumbags nonsense. It would be like following chitt bayless.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

So we're counting calling Mike Williams to go #30 when he went #7 as a hit now? I don't agree with your measurement of success. You basically guarantee half the round because whether you pick Garrett to go #1 or #2, you know he's not going to fall out of the 1st Round. 1/2 of the other 1/2 is really likely to go in the 1st Round. That's 24/32 picks right there. So of the bottom quarter left, he got around 3/8 picks right (and by right we just mean in the 1st Round).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazrimiv wrote:
The huddle report makes an effort to track the accuracy of a lot of mock drafts. McGinn has been pretty good in past years. Not so much this year.

And that's if you buy into their [inappropriate/removed] points system.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

And that's if you buy into their [inappropriate/removed] points system.

Not sure what it is that needs to be bought into. The score seems simple enough.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only posted to help justify all his other bull [inappropriate/removed]
driftwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
McGinn knows his stuff for sure, he just makes too many fluff-click-bait BS articles that it is tough to read the last couple of years.

he knows his stuff because of who he knows (dude has legit sources because of how long hes been in the industry)

but those bait pieces he does is solely because TT shut his Ron wolf fully granted access door in his face... dude hates TT to this day because of it & will always write those articles until TT retires
cooters22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
He got lucky. Just look at how horrible his mock is. He was way off on most of the mock, and we traded down to 33 to get Kevin King, instead of taking him at 29. And you can say that's being technical, but he did have a CB (Tre'Devious White) going between 29 and 33.

Come on man, luck is once maybe twice. This guy is serioulsly batting .400, give him his props!
cooters22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our fir Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel got our first pick correct again.

By "first pick again", are you telling me he predicted the Packer would trade down out of the first round and pick King?- that would be impressive... For predicting the Packers would pick King, I also predicted that like a ten million other people...

The reson I ask is I don't click on mcscumbags nonsense. It would be like following chitt bayless.

Come on dude, you can't make a prediction that you are going to trade down, 5 picks and still get the right player projected and not give the guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: