You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jeremy Hill - Camp Cut?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5043
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Absolutely no chance. With a healthy Bernard, I'd say there is a slim chance.

I really think Hill brings it this year. I'm sure the criticism Lapham had on him was also echoed by the coaching staff. Plus, he's in a contract year so he's going to be running his arse off for a new contract elsewhere.


I am so done with him.

I'd take a 7th rounder right now. Hell; I think I'd even pull an 'Osweiler', and give a team a free draft pick to take him. Burfict, Jones and all Bengal fans have taken all the heat from other fans and the media right after that game because of Hills' fumble. I'd be quite happy to give Tra Carson or one of those undrafted guys a shot.

I do however think the Bengals will keep him; let him walk after the season, and look for another comp pick in 2019. If you think we can carry a Gerald Riggs type non-ST's goal-line specialist back, then maybe he has a role; but he doesn't make my team I'm afraid.


With that much hate for Hill, I'm sure ESPN can find a spot for you on their NFL Live show.


No thanks; I'd rather earn my living doing an honest job !

Seriously though; Hill has been bad since his rookie year, and I'm sure we could find a dozen better guys than him; I hope Mixon transforms our running game; even with a lousy OL.

I'd have much rather kept Burkhead, traded Hill; and given him Hills' $$$$'s, on an improved deal.

After that killer fumble v PIT, I'm surprised The Bengals and its fans were seemingly so happy to keep him.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23192
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
What's a reasonable round if Philly calls? 3rd or 4th next year?

Try 7th. He's about worthless at this point. Expiring contract, no production. He's worth a flier at best from another team.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26420
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
What's a reasonable round if Philly calls? 3rd or 4th next year?

Try 7th. He's about worthless at this point. Expiring contract, no production. He's worth a flier at best from another team.


Agreed, he is another player that has way more value to us then to other teams. No one is giving up anything of substance for Jeremy.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
What's a reasonable round if Philly calls? 3rd or 4th next year?


I'd deal him for a 4th. If they offer a 3rd, I'm buying Hill a ticket to Philly immediately...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KennyBania


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 3953
Location: I ain't sayin' nuthin
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
What's a reasonable round if Philly calls? 3rd or 4th next year?


I'd deal him for a 4th. If they offer a 3rd, I'm buying Hill a ticket to Philly immediately...


Like TheJ said, ain't no way in hell Hill is worth anything more than a 6th, for the reasons already stated.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
kmkzithndrkttns wrote:
What's a reasonable round if Philly calls? 3rd or 4th next year?


I'd deal him for a 4th. If they offer a 3rd, I'm buying Hill a ticket to Philly immediately...


Like TheJ said, ain't no way in hell Hill is worth anything more than a 6th, for the reasons already stated.


idk, I think we can still get a 4th for him. He's young and has shown he has a nose for the end zone. Personally, I wouldn't but GMs seem to be willing to trade for RBs. Not sure why but they are...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@sportsfeedia
Report: Ryan Mathews ‘almost certain’ to be released by Eagles


Come on Bengals, get on the phone with the Eagles asap...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26420
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@sportsfeedia
Report: Ryan Mathews ‘almost certain’ to be released by Eagles


Come on Bengals, get on the phone with the Eagles asap...


Why? Mixon is going to be the man. And You cannot have that many RB who don't play ST
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23192
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@sportsfeedia
Report: Ryan Mathews ‘almost certain’ to be released by Eagles


Come on Bengals, get on the phone with the Eagles asap...


Why? Mixon is going to be the man. And You cannot have that many RB who don't play ST

No he means deal Hill to the Eagles.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@sportsfeedia
Report: Ryan Mathews ‘almost certain’ to be released by Eagles


Come on Bengals, get on the phone with the Eagles asap...


Why? Mixon is going to be the man. And You cannot have that many RB who don't play ST

No he means deal Hill to the Eagles.


lol, yes this. Of course I don't want Ryan Mathews... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26420
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Quote:
@sportsfeedia
Report: Ryan Mathews ‘almost certain’ to be released by Eagles


Come on Bengals, get on the phone with the Eagles asap...


Why? Mixon is going to be the man. And You cannot have that many RB who don't play ST

No he means deal Hill to the Eagles.


lol, yes this. Of course I don't want Ryan Mathews... Laughing


Oh ok, that makes me feel better. Dont mind me
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7302
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be for dealing him. He needs a change of scenery. He will forever be remembered for that fumble.
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26420
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I would be for dealing him. He needs a change of scenery. He will forever be remembered for that fumble.


I am all for moving him, but like I said, what we want would be a lot more than a team is willing to give up.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 23192
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I would be for dealing him. He needs a change of scenery. He will forever be remembered for that fumble.


I am all for moving him, but like I said, what we want would be a lot more than a team is willing to give up.

I'm not sure they would demand a lot for him. The writing is on the wall with that Mixon pick. And he's in the last year of his contract. I would bet quite a bit of money that they're not looking to bring him back next year.

I guess a lot of this depends on where they feel Gio is with his recovery. If he's progressing nicely and on track to return by training camp, i think they'll move him. If he's tracking for a stint on the PUP, they may keep him. But even then i'm not convinced they won't try to roll with Mixon and whoever shows well at camp.
_________________
If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7808
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I would be for dealing him. He needs a change of scenery. He will forever be remembered for that fumble.


I am all for moving him, but like I said, what we want would be a lot more than a team is willing to give up.

I'm not sure they would demand a lot for him. The writing is on the wall with that Mixon pick. And he's in the last year of his contract. I would bet quite a bit of money that they're not looking to bring him back next year.

I guess a lot of this depends on where they feel Gio is with his recovery. If he's progressing nicely and on track to return by training camp, i think they'll move him. If he's tracking for a stint on the PUP, they may keep him. But even then i'm not convinced they won't try to roll with Mixon and whoever shows well at camp.


There's no reason to move him for pennies on the dollar. Roll with all three this year. Let Hill get a bunch of TDs, watch his free agency deal rise, then take the comp pick. I doubt we let Eifert or Burfict go, so he'd be the top free agent for us to hit the market in terms of comp picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group