Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts of day 2.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Some questions Reply with quote

I love that the Packers increased team speed on defense. That was needed. Some questions linger and I hope some of you draftniks can help:
(1) With the addition of Adams, does Dean Lowery move to Peppers' role as the elephant LB?
(2) Would Bucky Hodges be able to play outside if he is the 4.1 pick?
(3) Who's the best remaining G/C prospect? Asiata?
(4) If Asiata is the target, will he be available in round 5, or does he have to be picked at 4.28?
(5) Does Perine's 4.65 40 make him a round 7 pick?
(6) Lawson or Biegel? Who fits our scheme better?
Always enjoy reading your opinions! Thanks!
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:
I love the Kevin King pick. Josh Jones and Montravious Adams are decent players, but they aren't who I wanted. Jones is a Burnett replacement so he doesn't really improve the team now, and Adams is a rotational guy. I'm annoyed that we went Defense, Defense, Defense, so again, our Offense, which is our identity, doesn't get talent until Day 3. Dom Capers has more talent to misuse.

We do have a good opportunity to get Offensive talent here at 4.1, though, so I'd like a guy like Chad Hansen at WR. Dorian Johnson would be a solid pick at OG. There are a bunch of good TE's left like Jake Butt, but we did sign two FA TE's. We still need a RB, so Samaje Perine, Marlon Mack, or Jamaal Williams would be nice. Even Matthew Dayes is really interesting as a bit of an athletic freak, but I'd like to wait until 4.29 to grab a RB. I think there's a very real possibility we Draft OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M, which would be a solid pick. I'm going to have an absolute fit if we don't get some offensive talent in the 4th Round.

You're complaining about Jones/Adams not being able to help the team and then say youre going to flip if we don't take offense? Where a RB is probably the only position that could see the field? That's if Ted decides he doesn't want to add a vet after this is over too.

Yes. I believe in balanced Drafts, and I believe a lot of our problems are due to not having balanced Drafts. Our Offense is our identity and we need to reinforce that. RB would absolutely help the team as you mentioned. I really want a WR for the future, and while they would be rotational or depth, I would've been more okay with that on Offense because it would bring balance to the Draft. There were some really good OL's we could've had instead of Josh Jones.

I don't hate our Day 2, though. I have a feeling we will go strong Offense next year finally. But yeah, if we go Defense, Defense, Defense and then come back at 4.1 and go more Defense, I'll be pretty upset.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:
I love the Kevin King pick. Josh Jones and Montravious Adams are decent players, but they aren't who I wanted. Jones is a Burnett replacement so he doesn't really improve the team now, and Adams is a rotational guy. I'm annoyed that we went Defense, Defense, Defense, so again, our Offense, which is our identity, doesn't get talent until Day 3. Dom Capers has more talent to misuse.

We do have a good opportunity to get Offensive talent here at 4.1, though, so I'd like a guy like Chad Hansen at WR. Dorian Johnson would be a solid pick at OG. There are a bunch of good TE's left like Jake Butt, but we did sign two FA TE's. We still need a RB, so Samaje Perine, Marlon Mack, or Jamaal Williams would be nice. Even Matthew Dayes is really interesting as a bit of an athletic freak, but I'd like to wait until 4.29 to grab a RB. I think there's a very real possibility we Draft OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M, which would be a solid pick. I'm going to have an absolute fit if we don't get some offensive talent in the 4th Round.
What about bl

You're complaining about Jones/Adams not being able to help the team and then say youre going to flip if we don't take offense? Where a RB is probably the only position that could see the field? That's if Ted decides he doesn't want to add a vet after this is over too.

Yes. I believe in balanced Drafts, and I believe a lot of our problems are due to not having balanced Drafts. Our Offense is our identity and we need to reinforce that. RB would absolutely help the team as you mentioned. I really want a WR for the future, and while they would be rotational or depth, I would've been more okay with that on Offense because it would bring balance to the Draft. There were some really good OL's we could've had instead of Josh Jones.

I don't hate our Day 2, though. I have a feeling we will go strong Offense next year finally. But yeah, if we go Defense, Defense, Defense and then come back at 4.1 and go more Defense, I'll be pretty upset.
What about balanced production? It wasn't The offense that kept us out of the SB. The draft is about shoring up weaknesses and the D is the weak link.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fussnputz had a good question about Dean Lowry, the one day three pick I predicted would have the best career out of our day three picks. I'm going to echo that question and see what type of role the smarter people here think he'll have going forward. He's 6-6, 296. Datone was 6-4, 285. Is there a chance we move Lowry to that Datone/Peppers spot? It would make sense if we were planning on doing that.

The biggest reason I didn't really want us to go DL is because of Lowry's potential. It's tough for any fourth round DL to pick up a couple sacks in his first year, much tougher for a 3-4 DL to do it.

Also, I still can't stand Kyler Fackrell not just because of his age. I still think he's too nice, apologizes after sacking quarterbacks and tells offensive linemen good job once they manhandle him. And that's my professional opinion.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Some questions Reply with quote

Mr. Fussnputz wrote:
I love that the Packers increased team speed on defense. That was needed. Some questions linger and I hope some of you draftniks can help:
(1) With the addition of Adams, does Dean Lowery move to Peppers' role as the elephant LB?
(2) Would Bucky Hodges be able to play outside if he is the 4.1 pick?
(3) Who's the best remaining G/C prospect? Asiata?
(4) If Asiata is the target, will he be available in round 5, or does he have to be picked at 4.28?
(5) Does Perine's 4.65 40 make him a round 7 pick?
(6) Lawson or Biegel? Who fits our scheme better?
Always enjoy reading your opinions! Thanks!

1) It's definitely possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just use them both at DE in a rotation. There's not much difference between a slightly undersized 3-4 DE and an Elephant OLB.
2) Possibly, but I think a lot of people like him as an oversized slot WR.
3) As a hybrid Asiata is good, but he's not the best OG talent left. If you forget C, Jermaine Eleumunor TEXAS A&M is a great option. Dorian Johnson PITT is also a very good option at this point. If you're really worried about C, I think Tyler Orlosky WEST VIRGINIA is the best guy left of the guys I watched, but there are often C's that pop up that I didn't watch.
4) I think waiting until 5.29 to take Asiata would be a risk, but he could be there. If you had to have him then you'd take him in the 4th, but I don't think we have to have him, so we could risk it. My inkling is that he will be there but the 4th Round does usually bring an OL run.
5) Perine improved his 40 time to a 4.60 40 at his Pro Day. His 10-split was a 1.59, which is actually pretty solid for his size. He's ready to come off any pick now, so if we want him, we should take him at 4.1.
6) I think Vince Biegel fits our scheme better. If we don't want to play him at OLB, he could be moved to ILB. Biegel also played in the 3-4 in college. Carl Lawson is a 4-3 DE IMO, but it would be interesting to put him behind Perry as he is incredibly strong.

Great questions that we're pretty difficult to answer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

What about bl

What about balanced production? It wasn't The offense that kept us out of the SB. The draft is about shoring up weaknesses and the D is the weak link.

I think a team needs an identity, and no matter how much talent this Defense gets, I don't think it will ever be great with Dom Capers at the helm. He is a waster of talent, so I'd rather McCarthy get at least some of the talent to play with. We've been shoring up the Defense for about 5 years and it hasn't been shored up. That says everything you need to know. I like the Kevin King pick a lot, but after that, none of these picks are going to shore up the weaknesses of the D, unless you're talking depth, and then our Offense has depth weaknesses as well. Also, we're getting injured guys back from Defense, mainly at the DB position, and those guys will continue to grow. I think that's what will improve the Defense the most.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I wonder if the drafted Adams because his speed might make it possible to rotate him with Lowery as DE/Elephant LB?
I'm suggesting Asiata because it seems like the Packers have no backup center (Flores?). Asiata might be able to develop into a center/guard swing guy who could back up both position. Would it make sense to take the best pure guard at 4.1 and Asiata at 4.28?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive thing is he'll be asked to play 10-15 snaps a game behind the current rotation.

Should never have to worry about motor issues, then. I just hope he's not overly reliant on the great first step to beat blockers.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Mr. Fussnputz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Great first step Reply with quote

Great first step, where have I heard that before? Yuck!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Great first step Reply with quote

Mr. Fussnputz wrote:
Great first step, where have I heard that before? Yuck!

Let's not act like that's a bad trait to have because some players that didn't work out had it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Yuck Reply with quote

You're right. I withdraw my yuck comment.
Actually, I like Adams. He solidifies the DL.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance Dorian Johnson could go 4.108?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: