Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts of day 2.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jontat83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably get 15 sacks after I have said this but I think Clay is done as a consistent pass rushing force.

So we have got to boost that position, with Peppers also gone and Jones. Perry was a beast last year because he was mainly injury free. No guarantee he will be the same this year.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2 thoughts:

Taking the 3rd ranked S in a draft with 2 elite players at the position is some really great value and good draft process. Even if you didn't scout Jones (I didn't), you have to like the process behind the concept of picking an athletic player at a position where the top 2 S seemed to slip a bit.

If the top 2 weren't so consensus above Jones (and they rightfully are) then Jones has the measurable of typically a guy that we've seen drafted very high in the 2nd round or late 1st. Unlike Obi, Jones actually has better tape behind his measurables.

See: Cyprien, Jonathan; Smith, Harrison; Collins, Landon as examples of players who have similar athletic profiles and were picked higher.

Taking King was a no-brainer. it's very exciting to me to get the top player on the board. I don't think there was ever a chance of dropping back and still getting king. RBs are fungible assets, DBs are not.

There's 2 ways to skin the cat when it comes to pass defense. If we can have a smothering secondary, I think we have the hounds up front to get to the qb. The alternative was to get more hounds and not as strong on the back end, but that's just not how the board fell.

As far as Adams goes, I'm very encouraged when you draft an elite athlete at such a size. 300 lbs and running 4.8 is nasty. If anyone doesn't believe TT is a numbers guy, just look at adams and Dean Lowry in back to back drafts.

Is it concerning that his top 2 comparison on mockdraftable is Justin Harrell and Khyri Thornton... sure. But it shows TT and staff have a prototype for that 3 tech. Adams is a high variance type of draft pick. Which is the perfect add to a group that doesn't need just a warm body.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/montravius-adams
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:
I wonder if a deal like our #61 and #93 for NO #76 and next years #42 was really in play.

Doubtful. Have to figure that the deal they ended up striking with San Francisco was what was really being offered.

but that was 1/4 round later.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jontat83 wrote:
He'll probably get 15 sacks after I have said this but I think Clay is done as a consistent pass rushing force.

So we have got to boost that position, with Peppers also gone and Jones. Perry was a beast last year because he was mainly injury free. No guarantee he will be the same this year.

If Clay and Nick can stay relatively healthy this coming season our pass rush will be a hell of lot better. Of course them staying relatively healthy is the rub, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3:
I know we need an EDGE rusher and find an OG...
But with that first pick in the 4th, I grab Bucky Hodges. Bennett is on the wrong side of 30, Rodgers is in a contract year and Kendricks is a different type of player.

Then I think at our next pick we can grab Ifeadi Odenigbo and today would be a good day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We keep 4 TEs?
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
People are going to be upset since we didn't get a running back, but I'm honestly not sure if there are that many RBs we'd start over Montgomery in this draft to begin with- McCaffrey and Mixon, sure... but not a lot of others.

I think honestly the quality of this RB class is vastly overstated. It's more "there are lots of guys" than "there's a lot of talent."

Last night TT was asked about the Packers RB depth and responded by saying there are" other avenues" to acquire certain players. That doesn't sound like someone who was going to spend an early draft pick on a RB. It could mean they'll sign one of the RBs that are still out there.
packfanfb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept on it. I'm all in on Carl Lawson at pick 108. Guy is a top 5 pass rusher in this draft, and in 4th round you can gamble on his injury history. No brainer pick.

Plan B: Vince Biegel

Plan C: Perine or Hill
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawson or Biegel would be OK and I know there are many that think a pass rusher pick 108 makes sense, but my question is this--Are we just adding another Fackrell or will any of these edge guys actually be impact players? I would be fine with drafting Perine and then see if we can find a true Center, A tackle we can convert to Guard, and sprinkle in a surprise at WR later in the draft.

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegybomb wrote:
We keep 4 TEs?

Mac usually does.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CactusPackFan wrote:
Lawson or Biegel would be OK and I know there are many that think a pass rusher pick 108 makes sense, but my question is this--Are we just adding another Fackrell or will any of these edge guys actually be impact players? I would be fine with drafting Perine and then see if we can find a true Center, A tackle we can convert to Guard, and sprinkle in a surprise at WR later in the draft.

I don't know if you need impact guys when Clay and Perry are your starters. You need good depth at this point.
mxr124

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jontat83 wrote:

Clay was finished as a consistent pass rushing force like 3 seasons ago.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased with day two no reaches just stood pat and filled needs, really wanted Mixon or Cook but King was a bigger need. I see what TT is doing he let all the slow defenders walk and He seems to be copying the Falcons blue print on defense drafting guys with speed and he even got a DT in Adams who's a carbon copy of Grady Jarrett a penetrating pass rushing big man.

Day 3 give me 2 edge rushes, 1 RB's, 1 ILB's, 2 OG's, 1 developmental TE

Last edited by Jsitton71# on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Kevin King pick. Josh Jones and Montravious Adams are decent players, but they aren't who I wanted. Jones is a Burnett replacement so he doesn't really improve the team now, and Adams is a rotational guy. I'm annoyed that we went Defense, Defense, Defense, so again, our Offense, which is our identity, doesn't get talent until Day 3. Dom Capers has more talent to misuse.

We do have a good opportunity to get Offensive talent here at 4.1, though, so I'd like a guy like Chad Hansen at WR. Dorian Johnson would be a solid pick at OG. There are a bunch of good TE's left like Jake Butt, but we did sign two FA TE's. We still need a RB, so Samaje Perine, Marlon Mack, or Jamaal Williams would be nice. Even Matthew Dayes is really interesting as a bit of an athletic freak, but I'd like to wait until 4.29 to grab a RB. I think there's a very real possibility we Draft OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M, which would be a solid pick. I'm going to have an absolute fit if we don't get some offensive talent in the 4th Round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I love the Kevin King pick. Josh Jones and Montravious Adams are decent players, but they aren't who I wanted. Jones is a Burnett replacement so he doesn't really improve the team now, and Adams is a rotational guy. I'm annoyed that we went Defense, Defense, Defense, so again, our Offense, which is our identity, doesn't get talent until Day 3. Dom Capers has more talent to misuse.

We do have a good opportunity to get Offensive talent here at 4.1, though, so I'd like a guy like Chad Hansen at WR. Dorian Johnson would be a solid pick at OG. There are a bunch of good TE's left like Jake Butt, but we did sign two FA TE's. We still need a RB, so Samaje Perine, Marlon Mack, or Jamaal Williams would be nice. Even Matthew Dayes is really interesting as a bit of an athletic freak, but I'd like to wait until 4.29 to grab a RB. I think there's a very real possibility we Draft OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M, which would be a solid pick. I'm going to have an absolute fit if we don't get some offensive talent in the 4th Round.

You're complaining about Jones/Adams not being able to help the team and then say youre going to flip if we don't take offense? Where a RB is probably the only position that could see the field? That's if Ted decides he doesn't want to add a vet after this is over too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: