Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round; 96th pick.. Kenny Golladay, WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would have rather this one been mack hollins who just went

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
eh, he's just a ST guy

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
eh, he's just a ST guy

i value special teams more than most, not well read on holladay but seems like comparable HWS prospects

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say 4.5 is slow? Man...

I like this pick for you guys, man.

@michaelsbodam (Twitter)
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Did someone say 4.5 is slow? Man...

The self-proclaimed 50 yr old who can run faster. Laughing

Sig by El Ramster
mijags

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the epitome of reliable hands. 5 drops in 200 targets.

The best WR in the MAC after corey davis
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golladay has true number 1 potential and with the added weight he will put on with an NFL weight program he will become very dominant. The Lions saw this and pulled the trigger. He wasn't going to fall much further. Sure hands great speed, aggressiveness, Catch radius, 3 years from now he will be our #1. I love this pick because of all the mac receivers next to Davis I saw Golladay being the best. Not to mention he is much better than some of them taken ahead of him. Don't knock the competition he played who was put in front of him and he dominated. He will soon be among the best in this league. Get us a 1000 yard back and they could be heading for the Super Bowl.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really know who he was when we drafted him but after watching him the potential is legit. Just watch the exotic double coverage he started getting this last year. And he still produced. I think this guy has a chance to be good if he can learn to run routes.
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated this pick because I think there were RB's and DE's that were better and more of a need with this pick. But, the more I learn about Kenny G, the more I like him. I hope he turns out to be great.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good pick. He's going to make the team. I just don't know HOW good of a pick this really is right yet. I think he'll be everything we lost in Anquan Boldin last year to be honest with everyone. He's a big bodied guy who can catch really well. He's got good enough straight line speed to take it the distance too if he can beat his man for a catch 1on1 on the outside.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good pick. He's going to make the team. I just don't know HOW good of a pick this really is right yet. I think he'll be everything we lost in Anquan Boldin last year to be honest with everyone. He's a big bodied guy who can catch really well. He's got good enough straight line speed to take it the distance too if he can beat his man for a catch 1on1 on the outside.
mijags

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the mgoblog guys are all [inappropriate/removed] about golladay being picked over amara darboh.......if they did any research at all, they'd understand why......golladay produced throughout his college career (3598 yds, 27 tds) including back to back 1000 yard seasons at NIU......Darboh never sniffed numbers like that, nor does he have great hands like golladay.....to top it off, Kenny did all of that with a parade of awful QBS feeding him the ball.....if he had Speight or Rudock throwing to him he would've exploded and probably would've gone in the first or second round.....
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
I love how the mgoblog guys are all [inappropriate/removed] about golladay being picked over amara darboh.......if they did any research at all, they'd understand why......golladay produced throughout his college career (3598 yds, 27 tds) including back to back 1000 yard seasons at NIU......Darboh never sniffed numbers like that, nor does he have great hands like golladay.....to top it off, Kenny did all of that with a parade of awful QBS feeding him the ball.....if he had Speight or Rudock throwing to him he would've exploded and probably would've gone in the first or second round.....
I mean, Darboh is a really good player as well and is going to do well in Seattle. But I like Golladay though, he's a good fit for what the offense needs.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golladay was the main target at NIU whereas Darboh was not. They spread the ball around much more than they did at NIU. Had Darboh been the feature WR his numbers would have been much better. I do like the pick over Darboh though because he shows that he can produce and he wants to be an alpha a number 1. That is what we need and now that is what we have.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
Golladay was the main target at NIU whereas Darboh was not. They spread the ball around much more than they did at NIU. Had Darboh been the feature WR his numbers would have been much better. I do like the pick over Darboh though because he shows that he can produce and he wants to be an alpha a number 1. That is what we need and now that is what we have.

Just to play devils advocate...maybe Darboh would of been the feature if he we're better?

I love what Ive seen from Golladay, but I tend to like most picks.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: