Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round; 96th pick.. Kenny Golladay, WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20847
Location: N. Korea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
First two dude's 40 times I looked up: 4.52 & 4.72. Brandon Marshall & Anquan Boldin.

wonder what Boldin's 40 was last year?


Yeah, but John Ross had a 4.22. That means this guy is super duper slow. I hope he's not being lined up across Myles Garrett. Guy won't be able to get open.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
BlitzKarma wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
People on this board said they wanted a big bodied receiver that could push Golden to the slot. We found that guy, while moving down and picking up a 4th, and people still aren't pleased.


Maybe if he could beat me in a foot race.... I am 50 years old.


Get real dude, you're not even close 4.5.

Congrats on 10k brother, I must have missed it Smile


Awww thanks and yes you did. Laughing
_________________


MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwantwins


Joined: 26 Dec 2016
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20847
Location: N. Korea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 36582
Location: Clio, MI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.

Yes, this board really has no idea about us oldheads I don't think Laughing
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 11092
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


And weren't his two 40 times 4.51 and 4.47 at the combine?
_________________

Sig by El Ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....
_________________


MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reach..but I like the player

Just sooo many guys like him to be taking this high

I love how he blocks in the run game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20847
Location: N. Korea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....


If you can't make it through getting to know me, than you can't make it through life.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....


If you can't make it through getting to know me, than you can't make it through life.


Still be better off NOT knowing you. Laughing
_________________


MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwantwins


Joined: 26 Dec 2016
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people keep saying we reached for him. We took him with the last pick of the third round. He was projected to be drafted in the fourth round. That doesn't seem like much of a reach to me. We managed to pick up an extra fourth round pick in the process. I think Quinn did a good job of getting a good prospect and adding picks in the process. By the way, the link to his combine and pro day numbers are below:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130342&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

His 40 times were between 4.43 and 4.59, 18 reps on the bench press, 9.7t inch hands, 35 inch vertical, and a 10ft broad jump.


Last edited by justwantwins on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20847
Location: N. Korea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....


If you can't make it through getting to know me, than you can't make it through life.


Still be better off NOT knowing you. Laughing


Don't act like you're not a better person for it.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwantwins wrote:
A lot of people keep saying we reached for him. We took him with the last pick of the third round. He was projected to be drafted in the fourth round. That doesn't seem like much of a reach to me. We managed to pick up an extra fourth round pick in the process. I think Quinn did a good job of getting a good prospect and adding picks in the process.


I'd agree with that. Not only that but when it comes to the third round and beyond I don't really believe there is much of a "reach" at all. Probably 90% of these players won't amount to much of anything so if you see a guy that you feel you can work with and find a role for, you didn't reach.
_________________


MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10307
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....


If you can't make it through getting to know me, than you can't make it through life.


Still be better off NOT knowing you. Laughing


Don't act like you're not a better person for it.


I'm not.
_________________


MathMan wrote:
You're the best player in the game at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20847
Location: N. Korea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
justwantwins wrote:
Comparing the Ross's 40 time to Golladay is absurd. Ross is 5'10 and 189lbs (similar to Deshean Jackson). Golladay is 6'4 and 218lbs (and Alshon Jeffery clone). For a receiver of his size, a 4.50 40 is a good time. He also has 32" arms which makes his catching radius fairly large. He could have a big impact on 3rd down and in the red zone. I like this pick.


Laughing

Hi, I'm FTW. You should get to know me better.


He's probably better off NOT getting to know you better .....


If you can't make it through getting to know me, than you can't make it through life.


Still be better off NOT knowing you. Laughing


Don't act like you're not a better person for it.


I'm not.



_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group