Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd Round (93): Montravius Adams [DT; Auburn]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this pick. Explosive off the line and can collapse the pocket, he can toss blockers to the ground and also can hold his ground against double teams. In addition, he can do things like this:

https://youtu.be/lWBiEzS7xxA?t=197

Our D-line is gonna be stacked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a huge steal in the draft. This guy is a freak.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching his film makes it really easy to get excited about him. I know what people say about motor but damn.

svp wrote:
svp@svp superbowl

Bias Disclaimer: Green Bay Packers
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd watched some random game ages ago, but never the highlights. They make him look like the second coming, my gosh.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
I'm liking this pick. Explosive off the line and can collapse the pocket, he can toss blockers to the ground and also can hold his ground against double teams. In addition, he can do things like this:

https://youtu.be/lWBiEzS7xxA?t=197

Our D-line is gonna be stacked.
Damn his laziness and lack of moter was on full display during that play! Laughing
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I'd watched some random game ages ago, but never the highlights. They make him look like the second coming, my gosh.

Highlights generally tend to make players better than they actually are. If players lived up to their highlight tapes, we'd never see any busts.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Highlights generally tend to make players better than they actually are. If players lived up to their highlight tapes, we'd never see any busts.

Agreed. I like to see how good your good is still though. Obviously you can't scout with them. But it shows ya that he can make wow plays. He's a perfect example of why you can't use them though.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Agreed. I like to see how good your good is still though. Obviously you can't scout with them. But it shows ya that he can make wow plays. He's a perfect example of why you can't use them though.
You can find some bad tape on anyone, maybe how long the highlight video is, the better they are? Razz
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

You can find some bad tape on anyone, maybe how long the highlight video is, the better they are? Razz

I used to joke with someone who always ripped on HaHa because his HL videos weren't any good. I always said it's not like everyone is equal, some guy might make one with 4 games, some guy might make one with 12 games, or whatever.

But yes, lol, the longer the better right haha
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think he can put on some weight, still be explosive, and bog down the middle of the trenches? Everything I read of this guy suggests and he either blows up the pocket or barricades the middle of the field forcing plays to the outside.
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Anyone think he can put on some weight, still be explosive, and bog down the middle of the trenches? Everything I read of this guy suggests and he either blows up the pocket or barricades the middle of the field forcing plays to the outside.

I am sure he could. just depends on how the staff is really looking to use him.
Mo-Cheese-Mo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Not a fan.

C grade on first impression IMO. Reminds me of Worthy. Gotta reach on the bigs that fall in this area of the draft because the value if he hits is immense. But the odds are Adams doesn't add much.

Still, I''ll gladly add the extra body on the DL with Guion out for another four games. Clark-Daniels-Ringo-Lowry-Adams isn't bad.

No kidding, in my humbled opinion we can add Adams on the list of TT busts at DT - good luck...

Last edited by Mo-Cheese-Mo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Yeah highlights are what get fans too exicited.

If he does take plays hopefully Daniels is ready for leadership role and lights a fire under his butt.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Cheese-Mo wrote:
No kidding, in my humble opinion this was another of a list of defensive tackles TT has picked.

Less Mo-Cheese-Mo, please. You're insufferable.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Cheese-Mo wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Not a fan.

C grade on first impression IMO. Reminds me of Worthy. Gotta reach on the bigs that fall in this area of the draft because the value if he hits is immense. But the odds are Adams doesn't add much.

Still, I''ll gladly add the extra body on the DL with Guion out for another four games. Clark-Daniels-Ringo-Lowry-Adams isn't bad.

No kidding, in my humbled opinion we can add Adams on the list of TT busts at DT - good luck...

Am I the only Packer fan on the planet, who is excited for our dline this season? Daniels and Clark IMO is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited by PackyAttacky on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: