Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round pick 89th overall: RB D'Onta Foreman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: 3rd round pick 89th overall: RB D'Onta Foreman Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/donta-foreman?id=2557994

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE Former three-star recruit who turned that a chip on his shoulder into a 2,000-yard junior season. Foreman has outstanding foot quickness and wiggle for a back his size, but will need to run behind his pads and with more aggression on the next level. Teams could be split on his draft value as some may covet his size and athleticism while others will be concerned about a lack of third down value. Ultimately he has the talent to be a good NFL starter, but he's still a work in progress.

Great pick. Should be a perfect tandem with Miller. I hate UT with a passion but Foreman can play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick, but another non starter when we have some huge holes on the roster.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I might have some mild bias in this selection. Laughing

That said, I watched him near every week and I think he's an amazing complement to Lamar Miller. He will occasionally make a boneheaded play with the football, but in the trenches, he's a straight-up bulldozer. I love this pick, and I'm happy to see him go from burnt orange to deep steel blue.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I officially sense a theme to this years draft. It's all about productive college players. While not crazy about yet another year without touching a safety on day one or two, I gotta admit this one makes all the sense in the world. It was absolutely absurd watching O'Brien ramming Lamar Miller in between the tackles last year and goodness knows I have wanted Alfred Blue's useless skillset of running into piles and falling down off this roster the past two seasons. Given the obvious character issues with Mixon and Cook, Freeman could easily be the 3rd best back in the draft and considering the first two went in the top 8 overall, getting him late in the 3rd is rock solid. I think he would have gone higher if not for being a bit one dimensional, but we don't need a pass catcher with Miller around, so I think the form a potent punch and we know O'Brien is going to run and run some more, especially with a rookie QB. Many projecting him going to us in the 2nd, so seems like good value.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, that's what I get for being positive about a Texans RB pick. I should have known with the over the top cry-fest draft pieces about him playing through the death of his infant son that they were overcompensating for something. Shows up to camp fat and out of shape and now gets himself popped for smoking pot and carrying a gun outside a UT dorm. Lawyer says bla bla, not my pot, gun was legal, don't care. Sorry dude - you aren't a stupid college kid hanging out with your bro's taking bong hits in public anymore - you are a pro athlete getting paid millions for what your body allows you to do and smoking dope is antithetical to peak athletic and mental performance - period. You are also about to be a dad, so it might be a good time to learn to properly register and secure your firearm and know the rules. Drugs + Firearm = arrest ANYWHERE even in states where it is legal and federal law will supercede any local ordinance since it's expressly stated in the permit to carry. Austin is as liberal a pot town you will find outside of Colorado, so for a cop to lock up an adult over some recreational pot smoking means either he or his boys were being over the top jackholes or likely didn't just come clean to the cop leaving him to find pot and a firearm upon searching the vehicle.

Regardless of the politics or legalities, we have seen time and time again the same connections between the dope smokers and the lazy, poor work ethic underachievers on this team. Jaelen Strong who was popped on a pot charge last offseason is just the latest example. Get your crap together D'Onta, take accountability for your actions, grow up, and realize you are going to have EARN your job in the NFL. Sergio Kindle, Limas Sweed, and Vince Young played for a UT team that actually accomplished something which bought them being picked in the 1st or 2nd round, like you could have been, but their inability to leave the booze and pot smoking to fun college times cost them real NFL careers. You aren't Ricky Williams - you are a 3rd round flyer with one good college season that many will disregard because of the wide lines the spread offense buys you and the quality of defenses you faced, so put the bong down and get to work, kid.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
tab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give him a break if what the Lawyer says is true. There's a lot worse he could have been busted for, but I hope he is more careful in the future
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will be alright, just needs to watch who he ha hangs out with

canyon1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone can relax on this topic I work close to the situation. The gun was in a case in the car registered to him (no harm no foul). Owe and he informed police he had a gun in the car they didn't have to look to find it. Weed was actually in the passenger seat where his buddy sat. That's the issue at hand if there was no weed in the care there would not have been an arrest based only on the gun. Both charges will be dropped
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Everyone can relax on this topic I work close to the situation. The gun was in a case in the car registered to him (no harm no foul). Owe and he informed police he had a gun in the car they didn't have to look to find it. Weed was actually in the passenger seat where his buddy sat. That's the issue at hand if there was no weed in the care there would not have been an arrest based only on the gun. Both charges will be dropped

IMO, whether the charges stick or not isn't really the point. Hanging out with your college friends smoking weed in the early morning hours shows [inappropriate/removed] poor decision making skills from a professional athlete. I'm pretty sure it's also earned him a trip into McNair/Smith's doghouse.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
canyon1 wrote:

IMO, whether the charges stick or not isn't really the point. Hanging out with your college friends smoking weed in the early morning hours shows [inappropriate/removed] poor decision making skills from a professional athlete. I'm pretty sure it's also earned him a trip into McNair/Smith's doghouse.

He might just find his way to the IR island resort

jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urine sample came back clear of weed... sounds like it's a choice in friends issue more than anything.

Maturity helps with those types of things.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if D'Onta Foreman was on the new forum, this would have never happened. NEVER.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: