You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3(79). ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Not sure why you'd want to trade your only proven WR in a year that you're trying to properly gauge if you have your future QB.

Agreed. Let Decker play, allow the newcomers to develop for a year... it's unlikely Decker will be back in 2018 anyway.

Morton comes from WCOs that usually employed a 4-WR rotation. Unlike NO, we don't have a clear #1-4 on our roster. Decker and Enunwa should see most of the snaps if healthy, but I believe there will be a rotation between the #3 and #4 spots among 3 receivers. With Marshall suspended, it'll likely be a competition between Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, and Patton to see who gets the PT, and 1 additional may stick for ST purposes. At most, I see us carrying 6 WRs.

Patton should be a goner with the young talent at WR. He's wasting a roster spot.
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Not sure why you'd want to trade your only proven WR in a year that you're trying to properly gauge if you have your future QB.

Oh I'm not advocating a move I'm just curious to see if it's in our future plans. For me personally I'd look to move Pryor for a cornerback like Trumaine Johnson or Darqueze Dennard.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArDarius has cool hair

I am now confirming that I support this pick

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
ArDarius has cool hair

I'm not liking it from the pictures iv seen. Rolling Eyes

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
ArDarius has cool hair

I'm not liking it from the pictures iv seen. Rolling Eyes
https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/860562924322029568

XXXTentarDarius

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Agreed. Let Decker play, allow the newcomers to develop for a year... it's unlikely Decker will be back in 2018 anyway.

Morton comes from WCOs that usually employed a 4-WR rotation. Unlike NO, we don't have a clear #1-4 on our roster. Decker and Enunwa should see most of the snaps if healthy, but I believe there will be a rotation between the #3 and #4 spots among 3 receivers. With Marshall suspended, it'll likely be a competition between Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, and Patton to see who gets the PT, and 1 additional may stick for ST purposes. At most, I see us carrying 6 WRs.

Patton should be a goner with the young talent at WR. He's wasting a roster spot.

Lol. Who's he keeping off the team? Miles White? Freddie Hammond? Nope both are still on the team and older than Patton. Not saying he should make the final roster but let's give it until training camp at least
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Lol. Who's he keeping off the team? Miles White? Freddie Hammond? Nope both are still on the team and older than Patton. Not saying he should make the final roster but let's give it until training camp at least

All these WRs can't make the team.

Decker
Enunwa
Anderson
Stewart
Hanson
Peake
Patton
Marshall (suspension)
Smith (IR)
Marks (who I like a lot as an UDFA)

We will probably only carry 6 WRs. And I'd rather the 1st 6 guys on that list make the team.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ oh I thought you meant cut him now.

It would be very disappointing if our 3rd and 4th round picks didn't make the team so unless we trade/Cut Decker, I think the final spot will come down to Peake or Patton, but maybe a guy like Marks will make it impossible to cut him
NewAge

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:

It would be very disappointing if our 3rd and 4th round picks didn't make the team so unless we trade/Cut Decker, I think the final spot will come down to Peake or Patton, but maybe a guy like Marks will make it impossible to cut him

Stewart and Hansen are locks.

The four locks are Enunwa, Anderson, Stewart, and Hansen. Decker probably sticks. So barring injury, you're probably taking one of Peake and Patton.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rich51"]^^^ oh I thought you meant cut him now.

It would be very disappointing if our 3rd and 4th round picks didn't make the team so unless we trade/Cut Decker, I think the final spot will come down to Peake or Patton, but maybe a guy like Marks will make it impossible to cut him[/quote)

With the exception of Enunwa, Decker is the only proven WR on the roster, just the thought of cutting him is nuts. Mac's record of picking late round players is not very good. And giving away our second pick in round three that we got from the Giants for ALL PRO DT Snacks makes no sense to me. And taking Maye over Cook could come back and bit him in the butt. If you think we are going to build a playoff team with 4,5,6,7, round draft picks, you better think again. You build a team with the picks we had at the beginning of the draft the 6,39,70,107,. Only Adams is a sure thing, and he fell in our lap.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="doumeyer"]
Rich51 wrote:

It would be very disappointing if our 3rd and 4th round picks didn't make the team so unless we trade/Cut Decker, I think the final spot will come down to Peake or Patton, but maybe a guy like Marks will make it impossible to cut him[/quote)

With the exception of Enunwa, Decker is the only proven WR on the roster, just the thought of cutting him is nuts. Mac's record of picking late round players is not very good. And giving away our second pick in round three that we got from the Giants for ALL PRO DT Snacks makes no sense to me. And taking Maye over Cook could come back and bit him in the butt. If you think we are going to build a playoff team with 4,5,6,7, round draft picks, you better think again. You build a team with the picks we had at the beginning of the draft the 6,39,70,107,. Only Adams is a sure thing, and he fell in our lap.
Hes actually picked up some nice Late round/UDFA players in reality(Simon, Peake, Marshall, Anderson, Shell). Enough with the ALL PRO for a 3rd bs talk it was between Mo or Snacks and they chose to pay Mo its not like we gave him away, he found a better deal for money that we couldn't match.

Props El Ramster on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mr.O"]
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Hes actually picked up some nice Late round/UDFA players in reality(Simon, Peake, Marshall, Anderson, Shell). Enough with the ALL PRO for a 3rd bs talk it was between Mo or Snacks and they chose to pay Mo its not like we gave him away, he found a better deal for money that we couldn't match.

It funny that the Giants can always cone up with the money and we can't. They have a ton of star players and we don't, and we are the ones that are broke.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="doumeyer"]
Mr.O wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

It funny that the Giants can always cone up with the money and we can't. They have a ton of star players and we don't, and we are the ones that are broke.
Cool the giants didn't draft well outside the 1st round for a good time and didn't really extend anyone so they had the money to make a big splash. Macc went big his first year and it didn't work. He structured the deal though so we can get out after a year or 2 with minimal dead money. Last year we had to chose between Mo and Snacks, we chose Mo and its time to move on.

Props El Ramster on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mr.O"]
doumeyer wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Cool the giants didn't draft well outside the 1st round for a good time and didn't really extend anyone so they had the money to make a big splash. Macc went big his first year and it didn't work. He structured the deal though so we can get out after a year or 2 with minimal dead money. Last year we had to chose between Mo and Snacks, we chose Mo and its time to move on.

Mac first year was good we should have made the playoffs, if it wasn't for Fitz & that useless Bowles.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants are also spending silly money to try and win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years. That's when OBJ needs a new contract and Eli will likely be showing a sharper decline after that. Their OL drafts have been terrible, their recent picks of OBJ, Collins, & Apple have likely saved Reese's job.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: