You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3(79). ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardarius Stewart is a fantastic player. I get that ya'll didn't want a WR but at least we got a good player.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Ardarius Stewart is a fantastic player. I get that ya'll didn't want a WR but at least we got a good player.

they wanted a WR just wanted the one they wanted instead of him.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

they wanted a WR just wanted the one they wanted instead of him.

I did prefer Godwin but still happy.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna apologize to Stewart for using his thread to argue amongst ourselves.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a ton of film on Hackenberg tonight and mostly from the 2 poorer seasons. Stewart was taylor made to be a Hackenberg receiver and this pick is starting to make a lot more sense.

In the Penn State offense under Franklin, they ran a ton of slants, pop passes, WR screens and pick plays. Stewart is the type of receiver who got a lot of "manufactured touches" at BAMA and excelled at it. However he is honestly much faster on film than his timed speed says, just like Odell Beckham who timed around 4.45 which is fast...but he literally flies past everyone on game day. Stewart also looks the part, but also very physical and a heck of a blocker. Jets may have gotten a heck of a steal with this kid. This is the type of receiver a young QB like Hackenberg is going to gel with from day one. The evidence points towards catering this offense towards what Hack does best and Stewart is going to be a valuable weapon.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Watched a ton of film on Hackenberg tonight and mostly from the 2 poorer seasons. Stewart was taylor made to be a Hackenberg receiver and this pick is starting to make a lot more sense.

In the Penn State offense under Franklin, they ran a ton of slants, pop passes, WR screens and pick plays. Stewart is the type of receiver who got a lot of "manufactured touches" at BAMA and excelled at it. However he is honestly much faster on film than his timed speed says, just like Odell Beckham who timed around 4.45 which is fast...but he literally flies past everyone on game day. Stewart also looks the part, but also very physical and a heck of a blocker. Jets may have gotten a heck of a steal with this kid. This is the type of receiver a young QB like Hackenberg is going to gel with from day one. The evidence points towards catering this offense towards what Hack does best and Stewart is going to be a valuable weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-1lP-2Hc4E

Freshman year vs Michigan, Wisconsin, UCF

Watch when those feet get moving.

Quote:

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I just looked back into the Shaq Evans thread and everyone loved it

Lol

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Lol

I was a Shaq fan.

Pretty sure I didn't really like Saunders unless I talked myself into it quickly, I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Lol

LOL even though this made me laugh....Stewart is a pretty solid talent and is going to be a nice weapon for us. I hope he makes us forget about Devin Smith. Shaq Evans was a guy we tried to convince ourselves could even make the team.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-1lP-2Hc4E

Freshman year vs Michigan, Wisconsin, UCF

Watch when those feet get moving.

The BOB offense is night an day better than Franklins. My god Hackenberg looks great in the game and in that offense. When he has time he can sling it and make its look very good. Hopefully he refined his mechanics in his redshirt year for us. The tape shows a tough kid for sure though. Reminds me an awful lot of Eli Manning, the good and the bad.

sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Lol

LOL even though this made me laugh....Stewart is a pretty solid talent and is going to be a nice weapon for us. I hope he makes us forget about Devin Smith. Shaq Evans was a guy we tried to convince ourselves could even make the team.

Yeah I remember really liking the Shaq pick. He had that shoulder injury early that really halted his development, and I pretty much wrote him off after that. Not saying it was just the injury, but he was a boom bust type for sure and was already relatively old when we drafted him, so the injury was a big time bummer.

Hated the Saunders pick.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Lol

Yeah I remember really liking the Shaq pick. He had that shoulder injury early that really halted his development, and I pretty much wrote him off after that. Not saying it was just the injury, but he was a boom bust type for sure and was already relatively old when we drafted him, so the injury was a big time bummer.

Hated the Saunders pick.

The thing that I like about the Stewart pick is that he provides value in a lot of different ways. At the very least he's a gadget player with special teams chops (can catch, run, throw, KR, PR, ST)
xenajets

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Lol

Hated the Saunders pick.

The thing that I like about the Stewart pick is that he provides value in a lot of different ways. At the very least he's a gadget player with special teams chops (can catch, run, throw, KR, PR, ST)

With the two new rookie wide receivers so you think we could possibly look to trade Decker for a cornerback? Maybe during TC when he supposably will be 100%. Don't know if there's a possible trade worth exploring or not. Maybe even packaging Sheldon or Pryor for maybe Trumaine Johnson. The Rams could do with getting Goff weapons.
Depends how comfortable we are with Q, Anderson, Peake, Patton, Stewart and Hansen.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you'd want to trade your only proven WR in a year that you're trying to properly gauge if you have your future QB.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Not sure why you'd want to trade your only proven WR in a year that you're trying to properly gauge if you have your future QB.

Agreed. Let Decker play, allow the newcomers to develop for a year... it's unlikely Decker will be back in 2018 anyway.

Morton comes from WCOs that usually employed a 4-WR rotation. Unlike NO, we don't have a clear #1-4 on our roster. Decker and Enunwa should see most of the snaps if healthy, but I believe there will be a rotation between the #3 and #4 spots among 3 receivers. With Marshall suspended, it'll likely be a competition between Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, and Patton to see who gets the PT, and 1 additional may stick for ST purposes. At most, I see us carrying 6 WRs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: