You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #65: DT, Larry Ogunjobi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also say the Brantley role would be similar to what Dominique Easley did for LA this past year

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I would also say the Brantley role would be similar to what Dominique Easley did for LA this past year

And what was that?

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

And what was that?

To be the teams back up interior pass-rusher. I dont know, depending on how things play out. Brantley could be the starter and Ogunjobi could be the #1 back up to come in. Heck Ogunjobi experience as a NT in the 3-4 in college, mixed with his athletic ability making him more suitable, he could make a good pass rusher from the under tech for Shelton, if Williams wants to have someone a little bigger in there but have the ability to push the pocket. I think that could be a good package when its 3rd in medium when a team could still potentially run the ball but want to get after the passer. I honestly would like to see a speed package. Have a dime package on 3rd and longs where Kirksey is the only LB. The DEs are Garrett and Collins and the interior guys are Ogbah and Nassib

Heck I almost just bump in Ogbah and Garrett and have Collins and Nassib be outside rushers
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

And what was that?

To be the teams back up interior pass-rusher. I dont know, depending on how things play out. Brantley could be the starter and Ogunjobi could be the #1 back up to come in. Heck Ogunjobi experience as a NT in the 3-4 in college, mixed with his athletic ability making him more suitable, he could make a good pass rusher from the under tech for Shelton, if Williams wants to have someone a little bigger in there but have the ability to push the pocket. I think that could be a good package when its 3rd in medium when a team could still potentially run the ball but want to get after the passer. I honestly would like to see a speed package. Have a dime package on 3rd and longs where Kirksey is the only LB. The DEs are Garrett and Collins and the interior guys are Ogbah and Nassib

Heck I almost just bump in Ogbah and Garrett and have Collins and Nassib be outside rushers

I see no reason to ever have Garrett NOT on the outside.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

And what was that?

Well who is a better pass blocker, a LT or a guard?

When it comes on a 3rd down, I wouldnt mind having a package that bumps Garrett inside. He could do some real damage going up against a guard. You also doing that takes away his contain responsibility. So basically you can give him one job, get the QB. As a DE he still has outside responsibility. Specially if its a dime package with only one LB. if the DE sells out for an inside move, who has the QB if he leaves the pocket. I would love to see Garrett straight abuse a guard and he gets a sack right in the backfield or he forces the QB to leave the pocket and Nassib or Collins gets a gift right in their laps.

Hell I would love to see packages where Ogbah and Garrett are on the same side. They switch it up on who is the DE and who is the DT. That could really mess with some pass protections having that kind of pressure on one side. Heck, you have Ogbah and Garrett on the left side and you dial up a blitz with Collins coming off the right side.

Garrett is a shiney new toy and I believe Williams can do a lot of things with him. I would love to see him take a snap at every position on the line, mainly for pass rush purposes. I still want Garrett spending about 90%-95% of all his snaps at DE for a game but I want them to move him around on passing downs. Hell put that on field and you will force Center and Guards to prepare for that kind of pass rush. Hell I would think Garrett would be able to get a handful of holding calls made by a guard or center grabbing him to slow him down.

Heck thats thinking about not utilizing stunts and twists. Imagine now having Garrett inside and you have a stunt on with the DE. Guards are going to be worrying about him that maybe they follow him as he goes to the outside leaving an easy inside route for the man going inside.

Just crazy to think the amount of talent the Browns have on the DL, they could do a lot of things. Heck they could do a lot of things to create pressure without having to send a LB. If the Browns can get pressure with just 4 guys. It might not matter who the FS is because having 7 guys in coverage is going to be hard for any QB specially if the front 4 are getting after the QB
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett didn't show the inside game in college so lining him up inside may not be terrible but I see no indication that it would be a good move. He'd probably be better served lining up at LB than DT.

Ogbah could do it, he may not thrive but he plays the position game. Garrett was mostly asked to avoid the offensive linemen by running around them protecting the edge, his skill set probably isn't advanced enough to ask him to play the power game with interior linemen.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Garrett didn't show the inside game in college so lining him up inside may not be terrible but I see no indication that it would be a good move. He'd probably be better served lining up at LB than DT.

Ogbah could do it, he may not thrive but he plays the position game. Garrett was mostly asked to avoid the offensive linemen by running around them protecting the edge, his skill set probably isn't advanced enough to ask him to play the power game with interior linemen.

Agreed.

I'd keep him on the outside and move Ogbah inside most likely.

I'm not sure Nassib will be able to play inside yet, he needed a lot of wide angles to get pressure plast season iirc.

I'd prolly run Garrett-Brantley-Ogbah and look to bring pressure with Kirksey, Collins or Peppers on a blitz.
buno67

Thomas5737 wrote:

Play the power game?

I was talking about purely a pass rushing package on 3rd downs.

If Garrett cant beat an offensive guard with his pass rush, we then have a bust on our hands. Its not like I was saying we line him up inside for an entire drive. Just when it gets to a passing type down.

Also at time Garrett did bump inside for A&M.
https://youtu.be/W8qmOAe_QK0?t=8m16s

Brought a LB down to play the edge and had Garrett go from playing a 5-7 tech to a 4 Tech on the guard. He completely blew the play up.

The times Garrett is playing inside he either makes a great play or runs past the play. I think thats because when he goes inside they told him to just get after the QB.

I would hate to line him up at LB. I want to create pressure with 4 guys, not 5 (4DL and Garrett as LB)
nugpimpen

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

And what was that?

When it comes on a 3rd down, I wouldnt mind having a package that bumps Garrett inside. He could do some real damage going up against a guard. You also doing that takes away his contain responsibility. So basically you can give him one job, get the QB. As a DE he still has outside responsibility. Specially if its a dime package with only one LB. if the DE sells out for an inside move, who has the QB if he leaves the pocket. I would love to see Garrett straight abuse a guard and he gets a sack right in the backfield or he forces the QB to leave the pocket and Nassib or Collins gets a gift right in their laps.

Hell I would love to see packages where Ogbah and Garrett are on the same side. They switch it up on who is the DE and who is the DT. That could really mess with some pass protections having that kind of pressure on one side. Heck, you have Ogbah and Garrett on the left side and you dial up a blitz with Collins coming off the right side.

Garrett is a shiney new toy and I believe Williams can do a lot of things with him. I would love to see him take a snap at every position on the line, mainly for pass rush purposes. I still want Garrett spending about 90%-95% of all his snaps at DE for a game but I want them to move him around on passing downs. Hell put that on field and you will force Center and Guards to prepare for that kind of pass rush. Hell I would think Garrett would be able to get a handful of holding calls made by a guard or center grabbing him to slow him down.

Heck thats thinking about not utilizing stunts and twists. Imagine now having Garrett inside and you have a stunt on with the DE. Guards are going to be worrying about him that maybe they follow him as he goes to the outside leaving an easy inside route for the man going inside.

Just crazy to think the amount of talent the Browns have on the DL, they could do a lot of things. Heck they could do a lot of things to create pressure without having to send a LB. If the Browns can get pressure with just 4 guys. It might not matter who the FS is because having 7 guys in coverage is going to be hard for any QB specially if the front 4 are getting after the QB

I believe Garrett's best asset is his speed rush. Infinitely more room to go around a LT than a LG. Just my thought on it.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

And what was that?

I believe Garrett's best asset is his speed rush. Infinitely more room to go around a LT than a LG. Just my thought on it.

Not saying on passing downs he always goes inside, I would just like to see a package where they arnt afraid to do that. You bump him inside on a 3rd and long a few times and maybe do it once or twice in a game it could really mess with a pass protection. Might get them worrying about him so much that it frees up who ever is playing DL.

Garrett is loaded with talent. He should be good enough to be a monster himself and to create for his others.

I would just hate to see them stick to a vanilla scheme of Ogbah and Garrett as the DEs and not do anything with them. They are big and freakish athletic. Use it every chance you get. I also like giving him a two way go, he can go outside or inside of the guard.

To me his speed rush isnt the best thing about him. I think its his acceleration off the ball.

Like I said in previous post. I want him playing DE for 90-95% of the game but could really pass with pass blocking bump him inside and give him free range. The times I have seen him line up inside in college, not a lot of guards stopped him.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can line him up inside and run stunts with him looping out too.

I'm just ready for some creative and attacking schemes.

I won't dump on Horton because he was given nothing to work with, but his gameplan was always vanilla as hell.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caleb is athletic and polished, but lazy. Larry is athletic and plays hard, but needs work.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Caleb is athletic and polished, but lazy. Larry is athletic and plays hard, but needs work.

I don't get the sense being lazy will last long with Gregg Williams.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yep

Not only that, but if we had been a 1st or 2nd rounder, he could get away with it a bit more because those guys have a longer leash.

Being a 6th rounder with legal issues.... Dude is one false move from unemployment. I hope he realizes the position he is in and balls out on every snap.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yep

Not only that, but if we had been a 1st or 2nd rounder, he could get away with it a bit more because those guys have a longer leash.

Being a 6th rounder with legal issues.... Dude is one false move from unemployment. I hope he realizes the position he is in and balls out on every snap.

And not act like a doosh.

He may not be guilty of whatever, but it sounds like he did some stuff that wouldn't make me proud if my boys did it.

He should have plenty of hard working, good influences in that DL room though.

I hope they give him a chance and I hope he doesn't goof it up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: