Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 2, Pick 54, Miami selects... LB Raekwon McMillan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Round 2, Pick 54, Miami selects... LB Raekwon McMillan Reply with quote

There we go, a Linebacker. A good one too. Like it.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Daryl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that pick
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems ok to me, it is a big position of need.
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also fine with this! Asiata in the 3rd?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still some good guards available Dion Dawkins, DoRion Johnson, Pat Elflein to name a few
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick. He has better instincts than Cunningham, and there are several starting caliber OGs still available.

Last edited by green4gulf on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I like this pick. He has better iintincts than Cunningham, and there are several starting caliber OGs still available.

Yeah never been a fan of Cunningham. Glad we didn't go that way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
I like this pick. He has better iintincts than Cunningham, and there are several starting caliber OGs still available.

Yeah never been a fan of Cunningham. Glad we didn't go that way.

I like Cunningham but I see him being a weak side OLB only, whereas McMillian I think could play any of 4-3 LB positions.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pick to me. McMillan is the complete opposite of Harris, in that he's really good against the run but probably comes off the field in passing situations. If you combine the first 2 picks, you get one solid player.
Laughing

Glad to see them address LB though, even if I thought it was a bit early on McMillan, given his deficiencies in coverage.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Interesting pick to me. McMillan is the complete opposite of Harris, in that he's really good against the run but probably comes off the field in passing situations. If you combine the first 2 picks, you get one solid player.
Laughing

Glad to see them address LB though, even if I thought it was a bit early on McMillan, given his deficiencies in coverage.

I see McMillian as a pretty solid coverage LB. I expect to see him and Kiko in our nickel package. He isn't amazing in man coverage, but good luck finding a LB that is LOL. I feel his zone coverage skills are more than adequate. I don't expect us to run much man coverage underneath, even in the nickel, so I think it's a great pick for us in round 2.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Laughing

I see McMillian as a pretty solid coverage LB. I expect to see him and Kiko in our nickel package. He isn't amazing in man coverage, but good luck finding a LB that is LOL. I feel his zone coverage skills are more than adequate. I don't expect us to run much man coverage underneath, even in the nickel, so I think it's a great pick for us in round 2.

I don't share your optimism for his zone coverage abilities, but am definitely hoping I am wrong. At least there is little to no debate about his prowess against the run.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMillian is an old school thumper, the perfect LB to play SLB.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after going back and looking at tons of tape on McMillan, here is what I saw.

He is above average playing in space. He has enough speed and quickness to get to the ball carrier, and is good at breaking the play down and getting to the right spot.

He is very reactive in pass coverage. He seemed to wait for the ball to be thrown before attacking the receiver. Due to this, he gave a pretty big cushion to the receiver, allowing allot of completions. He seemed to be hesitant to attack the ball.

One power run downs, he attacked the lead blocker, but at times wasn't strong enough to clog the running lane. He would get moved out consistently. He would keep fighting, and many times would be able to get back to the ball carrier.

RM needs to add some muscle to his frame. He looks like he can carry another 10 lbs. This should help him get past blockers.

I like this pick, as RM seems to be a great kid and the flaws he has, can be worked on. A couple years in a NFL strength program, with a good diet, and some coaching on how to read passing plays, he should be able to get better.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
So after going back and looking at tons of tape on McMillan, here is what I saw.

He is above average playing in space. He has enough speed and quickness to get to the ball carrier, and is good at breaking the play down and getting to the right spot.

He is very reactive in pass coverage. He seemed to wait for the ball to be thrown before attacking the receiver. Due to this, he gave a pretty big cushion to the receiver, allowing allot of completions. He seemed to be hesitant to attack the ball.

One power run downs, he attacked the lead blocker, but at times wasn't strong enough to clog the running lane. He would get moved out consistently. He would keep fighting, and many times would be able to get back to the ball carrier.

RM needs to add some muscle to his frame. He looks like he can carry another 10 lbs. This should help him get past blockers.

I like this pick, as RM seems to be a great kid and the flaws he has, can be worked on. A couple years in a NFL strength program, with a good diet, and some coaching on how to read passing plays, he should be able to get better.

Im seeing the same. I don't think he's weak in pass coverage, but he's no Luke Keuchly. He definitely gets to his spot in the zone with plenty of time to tackle the receiver......although he isn't going to jump a lot of routes. OSU even had him man up on slot receivers and I was surprised how tight he played them on underneath and crossing routes.

I see his weakness as being inconsistent at tackling and at stacking and shedding. One play he absolutely wrecks ball carriers and the next he misses the tackle. He is best at Will where he can run and chase, but should still be a big upgrade over Misi at Sam.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His best games were against Michigan and Clemson. He's a Brandon Spikes type of LB. He never lived up to his hype coming out of High School and was a JAG.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: