Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Round Selection (#53)- Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisblack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Second Round Selection (#53)- Teez Tabor, CB, Florida Reply with quote

The Detroit Lions Select..........

Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

Combine info- http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/teez-tabor?id=2557955

Five Things to Know
- https://www.seccountry.com/florida/jalen-teez-tabor-5-things-know-2017-nfl-draft-prospect

Highlights- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYs8j1zkYOA

Last edited by davisblack on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love it but it's a decent pick. Still think S and DE were much bigger needs.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/teez-tabor?id=2557955

Slipped due to a poor 40 time. But an great player.

Sig by El Ramster
justwantwins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has great ball skills. Do you think the coaching staff might consider moving him to safety?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we face any teams with slow receivers this year? If so, great pick.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hey, he ran a slow 40 with a hamstring injury.. so who needs tape or metrics. Laughing

Sig by El Ramster
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I don't love it but it's a decent pick. Still think S and DE were much bigger needs.

I would have rather taken either Wormley or Dalvin Tomlinson. Or a DE.
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a vols alumn do not want
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msuspartans#1 wrote:

Pretty sure he bit on a double move there. Comes with his aggressive play style.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msuspartans#1 wrote:

I am shocked that a WR would be that open after the DB covering them trips. Shocked!

In all seriousness though, that gif shoes me nothing except he tripped once. Something everyone who spends a decent amount of time running backwards has done.

Edit: Better gif:

All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
BlitzKarma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looked more like a push off to me.
arin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/4/28/15480972/teez-tabor-injury-hamstring-detroit-lions-workout

Maybe the Lions were the only ones that knew he had a bum hammy at the combine?
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/4/28/15480972/teez-tabor-injury-hamstring-detroit-lions-workout

Yep, ironically, he aggravated it in a private workout for the Lions. Laughing

If you watch his tape, he is not slow.

Sig by El Ramster
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:

They weren't the only ones, there were reports and statements at the time explaining that he had a hamstring injury. The issue is that not everyone actually believed him.

I watched his tape and I think he's pretty good. He's young and he's got some very advanced parts to his game. First off, the Florida coverage scheme is one of the most NFL-ready systems in college. He has experience in press, off coverage, man coverage, and many different zone coverages. His size is obviously very good, he's got good length, and he's more athletic than his 40 time would suggest. He doesn't consistently play the ball down the field, but that is something DB coach Tony Oden is very good at developing. He could stand to be a little faster breaking on the ball in off coverage, but he's actually advanced there compared to many CB prospects. He also needs to get better in the run game. He needs to stop trying to just launch at the ball carriers feet and needs to actually try to wrap up. He also isn't very good at dealing with blockers and needs to become better at maintaining outside leverage. He has very good vision though and is able to jump routes from time to time. He is also good at playing the ball when he actually turns to find it. He usually plays pretty close in coverage though he tends to struggle a little more with double-moves (not uncommon for young corners). He might need to learn to play with less contact down the field, he doesn't grab, but he uses his hands to stay close to the WR. His press technique is pretty good and he rarely gets turned the wrong way at the line.

He was coached by Geoff Collins who also coached Darius Slay at Mississippi State. He should be ready to compete at CB2 with Nevin Lawson immediately and I would expect that he wins the job by the end of training camp. A lot of his issues are things that will get better with more experience.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
arin wrote:

They weren't the only ones, there were reports and statements at the time explaining that he had a hamstring injury. The issue is that not everyone actually believed him.

I watched his tape and I think he's pretty good. He's young and he's got some very advanced parts to his game. First off, the Florida coverage scheme is one of the most NFL-ready systems in college. He has experience in press, off coverage, man coverage, and many different zone coverages. His size is obviously very good, he's got good length, and he's more athletic than his 40 time would suggest. He doesn't consistently play the ball down the field, but that is something DB coach Tony Oden is very good at developing. He could stand to be a little faster breaking on the ball in off coverage, but he's actually advanced there compared to many CB prospects. He also needs to get better in the run game. He needs to stop trying to just launch at the ball carriers feet and needs to actually try to wrap up. He also isn't very good at dealing with blockers and needs to become better at maintaining outside leverage. He has very good vision though and is able to jump routes from time to time. He is also good at playing the ball when he actually turns to find it. He usually plays pretty close in coverage though he tends to struggle a little more with double-moves (not uncommon for young corners). He might need to learn to play with less contact down the field, he doesn't grab, but he uses his hands to stay close to the WR. His press technique is pretty good and he rarely gets turned the wrong way at the line.

He was coached by Geoff Collins who also coached Darius Slay at Mississippi State. He should be ready to compete at CB2 with Nevin Lawson immediately and I would expect that he wins the job by the end of training camp. A lot of his issues are things that will get better with more experience.

This is a very fair assessment. No one is saying the kid is perfect. he has some very obvious flaws, but I don't believe his 40 time (while injured) should be the only thing discussed about this kid. He's a good corner, that if he had a better 40 times honestly wouldn't be available in the 2nd to us.

Sig by El Ramster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: