You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Round Selection (#53)- Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
Teryl Austin will scheme around him/have him ready to start.

Frankly he's a bit underrated and we're it not for an unfortunate series of events at the t-shirt Olympics, he probably goes late first.

See...all you had to do was rearrange two words in this post two nail a pop culture reference and you blew it..for that reason alone this post it a total fail.

EDIT:

Okay technically 3 words but seriously who counts "of"?
arin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QB rating of 40 the last two years
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
your point? How many above avg qbs has he faced? Wrs? sit in zone 80% of the time on a very good defense even without him..

I think his college career was Taylor made maybe I mean maybe a handful of tough games. And soft in everyone of them..ive never seen a guy run backwards as much as him with a rb coming his way.

To many factors for your qb rating thing for me to care or agree
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
arin wrote:
your point? How many above avg qbs has he faced? Wrs? sit in zone 80% of the time on a very good defense even without him..

I think his college career was Taylor made maybe I mean maybe a handful of tough games. And soft in everyone of them..ive never seen a guy run backwards as much as him with a rb coming his way.

To many factors for your qb rating thing for me to care or agree

Tabor played for Florida. Florida is SEC. There legitimately isn't a conference he could have played in that put him up against better competition.

The also played Alabama in the SEC championship game, and Iowa in their bowl game. That's just last year. In 2015, their schedule was similar, and they played Alabama in the SEC champ and Michigan in their bowl game.

Florida did play out of a soft zone a ton, so you're certainly right there... but we just pulled the 2 best players off that "very good defense". I certainly can't say that Tabor is going to be a boom player, or that he'll even work out to be effective, but your specific concerns just don't really hold water.

Honestly, the only legitimate concern that I see is that he was hurt recently, and we don't know to what extent he has healed. I'd imagine the staff did some work into that area, though.

I'd also like to point out that the 2016 draft originally seemed pretty underwhelming as well, but Quinn absolutely knocked it out of the park. 7 guys in one draft that made a difference as rookies. Not bad at all.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick really worries me, he'll be OK in a zone defense or a Cover 2 defense, but man to man he would scare the heck out of me. .01 of a second equates to about 3 feet in a 40 yard dash, which means in a foot race, he could potentially be giving a fast WR 9 feet of separation on a deep pattern. If that doesn't scare you, I do not know what will.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
This pick really worries me, he'll be OK in a zone defense or a Cover 2 defense, but man to man he would scare the heck out of me. .01 of a second equates to about 3 feet in a 40 yard dash, which means in a foot race, he could potentially be giving a fast WR 9 feet of separation on a deep pattern. If that doesn't scare you, I do not know what will.
he had an injured hamstring when he ran those 40's. Watch the tape, he's fast enough.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Rockcity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
he had an injured hamstring when he ran those 40's. Watch the tape, he's fast enough.
I'm not buying the injury thing. If your hurt why run not one but 2 of them..doesnt make sense

Aaaand the second one was worse...

This bs watch the tape..name me a even good sec qb or how many draftable wrs he faced
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
I'm not buying the injury thing. If your hurt why run not one but 2 of them..doesnt make sense

This bs watch the tape..name me a even good sec qb or how many draftable wrs he faced

The reality is that he plays much faster on the field than he tested regardless.

Tenneses's Josh Dobbs and Iowa's CJ Beathard are currently drafted onto NFL teams. Alabama's Calvin Ridley is projected as a 1st rounder, Ardarius Stewart is drafted to the Jets. Also pfrojected as NFL prospects are Florida State's Ricky-Jean François and Travis Rudolph signed with the Giants. LSU's Dupre and Duval are also in the NFL right now. Georgia's Isaiah McKenzie was drafted by the Broncos. I'm sure there are others I'm missing, but the point is your analysis is lazy and poorly-thought-out.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
name me a even good sec qb or how many draftable wrs he faced

That has already been done, you just refuse to acknowledge it.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish

Last edited by Nnivolcm on Mon May 01, 2017 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rockcity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

The reality is that he plays much faster on the field than he tested regardless.

Tenneses's Josh Dobbs and Iowa's CJ Beathard are currently drafted onto NFL teams. Alabama's Calvin Ridley is projected as a 1st rounder, Ardarius Stewart is drafted to the Jets. Also pfrojected as NFL prospects are Florida State's Ricky-Jean François and Travis Rudolph signed with the Giants. LSU's Dupre and Duval are also in the NFL right now. Georgia's Isaiah McKenzie was drafted by the Broncos. I'm sure there are others I'm missing, but the point is your analysis is lazy and poorly-thought-out.
that list is sad.each his own I guess
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

I think it's sad that you can't admit you were wrong. I could go back a year and find even more NFL WRs and QBs who tested Tabor, but honestly what's the point given the obstinacy you've displayed in this argument?
Rockcity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

I think it's sad that you can't admit you were wrong. I could go back a year and find even more NFL WRs and QBs who tested Tabor, but honestly what's the point given the obstinacy you've displayed in this argument?
I'm wrong about what exactly
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

That he didn't face draftable WRs or QBs in college.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

no first rd guys at either position..all more flyer mid rd guys. He hasn't battled any recievers.. all he does is sit in zone even facing decent comp.. I watched him try n to man up Malone in man and got blown by with no safety help. Guy is a one trick pony imo

No way I put that on the outside of my D

Can't put him in the slot cause he's scared to tackle or just won't
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

no first rd guys at either position..all more flyer mid rd guys. He hasn't battled any recievers.. all he does is sit in zone even facing decent comp.. I watched him try n to man up Malone in man and got blown by with no safety help. Guy is a one trick pony imo

No way I put that on the outside of my D

Can't put him in the slot cause he's scared to tackle or just won't

I literally told you Calvin Ridley. You just completely ignored that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: