Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 2.17 (49) LB Ryan Anderson, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26894
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Anderson and Dumervil run the same 40 time. At the pro day Anderson ran a 4.75, and that's what Dumervil ran at the combine.

After 2002 Kent St James Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. He ran a 5.01 and 5.03 at Kent St Pro day.


More to athleticism than just 40 time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80677
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anderson and Dumervil run the same 40 time. At the pro day Anderson ran a 4.75, and that's what Dumervil ran at the combine.

After 2002 Kent St James Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. He ran a 5.01 and 5.03 at Kent St Pro day.


More to athleticism than just 40 time.
I realize that but it's all I have to compare them on other than watching them, and when I watch them, I see similarities.

Anderson didn't do the bench press at the combine or pro day, so I don't know if he's as strong as Dumervil or Harrison, but he has similar build so I assume he's near as strong as they were when they were both entering the league, a decade ago for Dumervil and 15 years ago for Harrison.

I can't find a short shuttle or cone drills for the Dumervil and Harrison either to compare that.

https://twitter.com/anderson_365/status/831317849947897856
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10224
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that needs to be said IMO:

Quote:
One veteran NFC linebackers coach considers Anderson one of the better outside linebacker prospects to come around in a long time: "Just watch the (bleeping) tape! This kid is a man."

Another NFC linebacker coach expressed the following to Anderson after the combine: "When all the coaches get past all of this combine bulls--t, they will get to the film and understand that you are one of the best players at any position in this draft."

A top executive with one NFL club said: "We have him in the top of the second round. He won't get past that round. He's a damn good football player."


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-draft-ryan-anderson-is-the-best-alabama-player-no-ones-talking-about/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26894
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the guy plays with the work ethic of a London Fletcher or Reed Doughty, then he'll be a decent addition to the squad. If he's better in full pads than just in underwear, then great.

As I said in my original post, I feel like we skipped over better prospects at positions of higher need (Zach Cunningham on the inside). If Anderson stays as an OLB, then we're essentially writing Trent Murphy off. Well, unless we're going to try to have him bulk back up (again) to move him as a down lineman (again).

Someone earlier said we now have four players who can rush the passer so we should celebrate. The problem is: they all play the same spot. There is next to no chance all four make the roster. Even if we keep three (Galette is probably the unlucky one, just due to price and no return), these guys need reps on the field. They're not getting it.

I do have a question: are we going to always spend our 2nd round pick trying to find a guy opposite Kerrigan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80677
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
If the guy plays with the work ethic of a London Fletcher or Reed Doughty, then he'll be a decent addition to the squad. If he's better in full pads than just in underwear, then great.

As I said in my original post, I feel like we skipped over better prospects at positions of higher need (Zach Cunningham on the inside). If Anderson stays as an OLB, then we're essentially writing Trent Murphy off. Well, unless we're going to try to have him bulk back up (again) to move him as a down lineman (again).

Someone earlier said we now have four players who can rush the passer so we should celebrate. The problem is: they all play the same spot. There is next to no chance all four make the roster. Even if we keep three (Galette is probably the unlucky one, just due to price and no return), these guys need reps on the field. They're not getting it.

I do have a question: are we going to always spend our 2nd round pick trying to find a guy opposite Kerrigan?
Kerrigan, Murphy & Smith can kick inside on 3rd and long and rush the passer from the interior and in definite passing situations like late in games when we are trying to protect a lead. I think they'll keep all 5. Anderson, Murphy and Smith (if he's not a starter) will play special teams as well. If Galette is healthy, at worst he's our 3rd down situational pass rusher and he may start if Smith doesn't reach his potential or if Anderson doesn't wow right away.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5546
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:


Kerrigan, Murphy & Smith can kick inside on 3rd and long and rush the passer from the interior and in definite passing situations like late in games when we are trying to protect a lead. I think they'll keep all 5. Anderson, Murphy and Smith (if he's not a starter) will play special teams as well. If Galette is healthy, at worst he's our 3rd down situational pass rusher and he may start if Smith doesn't reach his potential or if Anderson doesn't wow right away.


I like your thinking. Right now, coaches are seeing just how fast Galette's first step can be. If we could play our run-stuffers on 1st/2nd then on 3rd and/or situational have a fresh JG bursting in..... ideal

No reason not to rotate the other 3 in/out/around also though imo
_________________
Meanest sigs by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group