Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 2.17 (49) LB Ryan Anderson, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Anderson is a more complete player than Tim Williams, the production/stats say it all:

Ryan Anderson in 2016: 31 solo tackles, 61 total tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, 1 int which was returned for a TD, 3 passes defensed and 4 forced fumbles

Tim Williams in 2016: 22 solo tackles, 31 total tackles, 16.0 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, 2 passes defensed and 2 forced fumbles

Bottom line is Tim Williams has a more explosive first step and has more god given athletic ability and talent but Ryan Anderson is a better leader/teammate and a better all around football player.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ryan Anderson is a more complete player than Tim Williams, the production/stats say it all:

Ryan Anderson in 2016: 31 solo tackles, 61 total tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, 1 int which was returned for a TD, 3 passes defensed and 4 forced fumbles

Tim Williams in 2016: 22 solo tackles, 31 total tackles, 16.0 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, 2 passes defensed and 2 forced fumbles

Bottom line is Tim Williams has a more explosive first step and has more god given athletic ability and talent but Ryan Anderson is a better leader/teammate and a better all around football player.

Amen! I like the Anderson pick and hope they play him opposite Kerrigan initially backing up galette. Nancy (Pretty in Pink Preston) can serve tea and cookies on the bench.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Amen! I like the Anderson pick and hope they play him opposite Kerrigan initially backing up galette. Nancy (Pretty in Pink Preston) can serve tea and cookies on the bench.
Well whatever it is, it should be a good competition this year between Anderson, Galette and Smith for the starting ROLB spot opposite Kerrigan and I'm happy to have the competition. We haven't had good/great competition at that ROLB/RDE in forever, so I'm excited about that. I'm not as down on Smith as you are because he's young, his potential is still high and the stats don't tell the whole story of how he played last year. People who have broken down Smith's advances season stats have proven that he played better than his sack stats show against the pass rush, but its defintiely true that Smith was not good against the run and he needs to get better against the run if he wasn't to be a starter. The run is one aspect of their games where Anderson and Murphy are better than Preston Smith, that's not debatable.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure - but it's more of a matter if his athletic limitations will eventually catch up.

I don't think Woz thinks he is an automatic bust, but it is another hurdle he has to overcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:
For sure - but it's more of a matter if his athletic limitations will eventually catch up.

I don't think Woz thinks he is an automatic bust, but it is another hurdle he has to overcome.
I get that, but a guy who's as strong as him and plays as hard as he does usually develops into a good or great. To me his current/former NFL comp is James Harrison, Elvis Dummerville or even Dwight Freeney. They're not the biggest, fastest or most physically gifted guys on the field but they are relentless players who play with great passion, leverage, technique, strong hands and many pass rushing moves so OTs gave trouble handling them.

I just see him developing into a heck of a player for us. I'm not sure exactly if he's going to play ROLB or LOLB yet, but wherever he plays, I think he'll be successful.

RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his chances. Markus Golden had a terrible SPARQ score - not as bad as Ryan's, but close.

And has had a productive two years so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:
I like his chances. Markus Golden had a terrible SPARQ score - not as bad as Ryan's, but close.

And has had a productive two years so far.
I don't really believe in or understand this analytics crap, put on the tape and watch the guy play, he is a good football player.

I 100% agree with what Anderson said in his interview about the combine and stuff, he doesn't care about that, it's about beating the guys as* that's in front of you!

That's what football is about! It's not about a SPARQ score or advanced analytics.

I'd love to know what James Harrison, Elvis Dumervil and Dwight Freeney's advanced analytics and SPARQ ratings were, I'm sure they weren't good, but those guys are 2 hall of fame players and a hall of very good player.

RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeny's was probably good - he ran a 4.48 at 260 pounds with 28 reps lol.

Dumervil put up 30 reps - which alonse gives him almost half of Ryan's SPARQ score. Laughing

Harrison wasn't at combine.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:

Dumervil put up 30 reps - which alonse gives him almost half of Ryan's SPARQ score. Laughing

I agree that you have a combination of natural athleticism and hard work. He might be a bit short on the athleticism, but still has more than enough and has much more hard work ethic to get 100% of his capability.

The guy we drafted who I am most concerned doesn't have the athleticism is that center. That boy is in the bottom 5% of the range.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

I agree that you have a combination of natural athleticism and hard work. He might be a bit short on the athleticism, but still has more than enough and has much more hard work ethic to get 100% of his capability.

The guy we drafted who I am most concerned doesn't have the athleticism is that center. That boy is in the bottom 5% of the range.

I think Roullier will be a good pick!! We had to trade up to get him because Tennessee was going to take him right in front of us!! If he is good enough for Russ Grim... he us good enough for me!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

The guy we drafted who I am most concerned doesn't have the athleticism is that center. That boy is in the bottom 5% of the range

Yea, but:

Justis Mosqueda‏ @JuMosq
Why Washington fans should be really excited about the Chase Roullier selection. He's going to be *really* good

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:

The guy we drafted who I am most concerned doesn't have the athleticism is that center. That boy is in the bottom 5% of the range

Yea, but:

Justis Mosqueda‏ @JuMosq
Why Washington fans should be really excited about the Chase Roullier selection. He's going to be *really* good

Thanks, and that's what matters for an interior offensive or defensive lineman, along with strength, but not 40 times or other combine results.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
This is nerd stuff!! Turn on his tape at Alabama... that's all you need to see!!

The question: was Anderson good because he himself is a good football player, or was he good because he played amongst a bunch of NFL prospects?

If we really wanted an Alabama edge rusher, we might have been better suited in taking Tim Williams.
Anderson compares to two of the NFLs best pass rushers - at his size and altheic ability of all time - James Harrison and Elvis Dummerville.

Athletically speaking, he's NOWHERE near Harrison and Dumervil. That's an absolute joke.

Quote:
Taking Tim Williams was much more of a risk because of off the field issues and Williams is more of a flash player. Williams has more talent and more athletic ability but overall Anderson is the better all around player.

Wasn't aware of the off the field issues. If not Williams, Cunningham (probably should have been the pick ahead of either gent).

Quote:
Anderson plays the run better, he's stronger, more of a stout defender and has more of a motor than williams.

Anderson played better and did more for Alabama than Williams did, maybe Tim Williams benefited from the player that Anderson was on the other side or playing around ALlen, Foster and others also.

*shrugs* We'll find out.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaykwonDaChef wrote:

No, I don't think he's an automatic bust. However, I worry this pick will be more like a Jarvis Jenkins: a high draft value pick on a mediocre player.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson and Dumervil run the same 40 time. At the pro day Anderson ran a 4.75, and that's what Dumervil ran at the combine.

After 2002 Kent St James Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. He ran a 5.01 and 5.03 at Kent St Pro day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: