Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 2.17 (49) LB Ryan Anderson, Alabama
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: 2017 2.17 (49) LB Ryan Anderson, Alabama Reply with quote

While I like the positional choice, I feel like we could have and should have selected someone else (Tim Williams, Zach Cunningham, Carl Lawson). He looks disruptive, but I dunno on this one. I might come around on this pick later, but right now, I feel meh about this.

Last edited by Woz on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure I'm in love with this. Seems too small to play outside in the NFL and I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be an ILB kind of guy. Seems like another version of Murphy to me.

Meh.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Bruce Allen needs to stop with only super productive seniors in College. Feel like they tune out a -lot- of potential players over the years because they're just locked in on a full 4-year guy who was good at the NCAA level.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone actually watch the National Championship game this year?? He was the best player on the field that night. This guy is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Plays with passion and is a bad, bad man.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
mar29020

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 out of the past 4 years our 2nd has been a OLB. they are the same too just power rushers
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
3 out of the past 4 years our 2nd has been a OLB. they are the same too just power rushers

Exactly. People talking "OH wonderful this, oh great at that".. Trent lead the NCAA in sacks and ran the fastest 3 cone for a lb in years. He had tremendous college film. Smith aswell when MSU reached no.1 cause of that defense for a spell.

All 3 are basically on the same level.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 2.17 (49th overall) select ... LB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

While I like the positional choice, I feel like we could have and should have selected someone else (Tim Williams, Zach Cunningham, Carl Lawson). He looks disruptive, but I dunno on this one. I might come around on this pick later, but right now, I feel meh about this.

Third best player on bama defense behind Allen and Rueben

The kid reminds me of Kerrigan. 100% nonstop effort, excellent against run and very good pass rusher but what I also like is is creates turnovers. Some players create turnovers and he does it
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:

Perhaps but I've seen Preston smith and he is no Ryan Anderson. Preston is a big softy and Anderson will " feed you your heart" ( some movie lol)

Also Pittsburgh has done this very same thing for years let's see how it works but I'm optimistic we have two good players and two good coaches working with them. No more gimmicks like jhoon rhee hired to teach them pass rushing lol
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a Scott pick. Ultimate "football player".
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Seems like a Scott pick. Ultimate "football player".

I was thinking the same thing!!! Senior, hard nose, good character! Total Scott guy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/hbOGnUSMe1c

Enjoy.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

Perhaps but I've seen Preston smith and he is no Ryan Anderson. Preston is a big softy and Anderson will " feed you your heart" ( some movie lol)

Also Pittsburgh has done this very same thing for years let's see how it works but I'm optimistic we have two good players and two good coaches working with them. No more gimmicks like jhoon rhee hired to teach them pass rushing lol

Nobody is saying he wont be a good player. He will be a fine player. But we have good, young players at the position.
The position wasnt a need. Gaps go unfilled. Needs go unaddressed. And I dont see him as BPA at that spot for any team, regardless of position.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

Nobody is saying he wont be a good player. He will be a fine player. But we have good, young players at the position.
The position wasnt a need. Gaps go unfilled. Needs go unaddressed. And I dont see him as BPA at that spot for any team, regardless of position.

An edge rusher was a top need so not following you. Murphy roided, Preston played more like Kaitlin Jenner not Bruce and galette is always injured and know Kerrigan getting up there in age too and can't play 100% of plays every year
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 2.17 (49th overall) select ... LB Ryan Anderson Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Third best player on bama defense behind Allen and Rueben

The kid reminds me of Kerrigan. 100% nonstop effort, excellent against run and very good pass rusher but what I also like is is creates turnovers. Some players create turnovers and he does it
Yep he's a great player. I look forward to great run defense from him and explosive bull rushes like from James Harrison and Elvis Dummerville and many forced fumbles! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

So, we took BPA who didn't have a weapons charge and marijuana charge on his record? And, he played better than that other guy as an all around player anyways.

I'm glad we went BPA and not just our #1 need. I will say on defense that we needed everything, so, I have no problem with going with BPA.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: