You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Round 2: Pick 47 - Tyus Bowser

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: 2017 Round 2: Pick 47 - Tyus Bowser Reply with quote

With the 47th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Tyus Bowser - SAM - Houston

Scouting Reports

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tyus-bowser?id=2558166

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071873/tyus-bowser

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-tyus-bowser-edge-houston/

Current Linebackers

RUSH: Terrell Suggs / Matt Judon / Tim Williams

WILL: Kamalei Correa / Patrick Onwuasor

MIKE: C.J. Mosley / Cavellis Luckett / Boseko Lokombo

SAM: Albert McClellan / Tyus Bowser / Za'Darius Smith / Brennen Beyer

Last edited by coordinator0 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowser will not be playing WILL Laughing

He's edge all day.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Bowser will not be playing WILL Laughing

He's edge all day.

Yep and he will be a damn good one. If he didnt get suspended/injury for 5 games this past season he would have gone in round 1. Nice pick guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I rushed that one a bit. Laughing

Regardless, it's clear that the Ravens have something they want to do on defense and that's add elite athletes. I like the Bowser pick. Not addressing the offensive line is concerning but Tyus could be a monster and is exactly what the Ravens needed to add on the edge. Kind of surprised they went with him over Tim Williams, but this is good.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given his versatility and ability in coverage, I hope Bowser gets a legitimate shot at the starting SOLB/SAM spot.

Bowser could easily turn into our version of Anthony Barr
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous upside at a spot of tremendous need and importance.

But, he's really raw. Probably going to take some time, which we seem to have no patience for in our second round picks Laughing
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time slotting where Judon and Smith will actually be playing. My head says RUSH, but there's only so many snaps available there.

Bowser should see time all over though. Him and Correa getting snaps this season is a vast athletic improvement to the linebacking unit.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.twitter.com/Ravens/status/858132393298886656?s=09

He's playing SAM.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really happy with this pick. He came on my radar late in the draft process but quickly became a fan. Seems to check all the boxes athletically and he produced. Surprised he was more highly regarded to be quite honest.

Thinking/hoping we got a good one here.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great pick. He adds a lot of athleticism on defense, and I like him as a LB in coverage. Quick and explosive, and while he might not be a dominant pass-rusher, I think he can be a very well rounded defender on the edge.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

He's playing SAM.

Dancing

Bowser is exactly what we've wanted to see from the SAM spot since... forever. At least it feels that way. Adalius Thomas is the correct answer I believe. And Tyus' versatility actually does bring up memories of him... Cool

Jarrett Johnson and Courtney Upshaw were good players for the Ravens, but obviously limited. Especially as the league trended more towards the pass. McClellan now is in that same mold. Solid at what he does, but doesn't offer much more than setting the edge and defending the run. Bowser is a tremendous upgrade.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

He's playing SAM.

Dancing

Bowser is exactly what we've wanted to see from the SAM spot since... forever. At least it feels that way. Adalius Thomas is the correct answer I believe. And Tyus' versatility actually does bring up memories of him... Cool

Jarrett Johnson and Courtney Upshaw were good players for the Ravens, but obviously limited. Especially as the league trended more towards the pass. McClellan now is in that same mold. Solid at what he does, but doesn't offer much more than setting the edge and defending the run. Bowser is a tremendous upgrade.

Given Ozzie and Harbs stressing Special Teams as a significant part of Bowser's expected duties, I think McClellan's spot on the roster could be under a little bit of a threat.

He's been on the team on the basis of being a really good ST contributor and LB depth, for a number of years. But Bowser is going to compete with him at LB and ST, guys like Onwuasor and other UDFAs will compete with him on ST. But McClellan is a guy the coaching staff clearly like a lot, so he'll be given every opportunity to show he's still a valuable part of the roster.

Meanwhile, I just need to find out what number Bowser is going to be wearing, so I can get a shirt with his name on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

He's playing SAM.

Dancing

Was thinking the same thing he reminds me a lot of adalius Thomas in his highlights... on a side note... guess correa is gon succeed or fail from the inside with Judon smith Williams bowser and Suggs
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching some games of his, I am seeing what was said about him dropping back in coverage more than any edge player should. Pees probably liked seeing his rushing talent wasted like that.

Random, but his family's draft reaction was so pure and awesome (warning for headphone volume)
https://twitter.com/TYoestingETFS/status/858116217843970052
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

He's playing SAM.

Dancing

Given Ozzie and Harbs stressing Special Teams as a significant part of Bowser's expected duties, I think McClellan's spot on the roster could be under a little bit of a threat.

He's been on the team on the basis of being a really good ST contributor and LB depth, for a number of years. But Bowser is going to compete with him at LB and ST, guys like Onwuasor and other UDFAs will compete with him on ST. But McClellan is a guy the coaching staff clearly like a lot, so he'll be given every opportunity to show he's still a valuable part of the roster.

Meanwhile, I just need to find out what number Bowser is going to be wearing, so I can get a shirt with his name on.

With Judon switching to 99 I'd say 91.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: