Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#45...TE...Adam Shaheen...Ashland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yomyyo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started watching him now. He's not quick out of the block, but he is fast. Hes got real good hands.

I dont think he is going to get separation in NFL so he will have to body guys or out high point them or find spot in zone or make right read on stick.

He has no hip roll or explosion or punch to his blocks. If he did he would be launching these 180 lb players he is going against. Instead he just stalemates them.

Tall guys are usually not natural knee benders and that is probably the issue there, he needs to work on it.

He does have good feet which is something you mainly have or you dont so he can be a real good blocker.

In 2nd tape I saw he looked much better fundamentally. Intriguing player.

Last edited by dll2000 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am; edited 5 times in total
dll2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a smartest guy iin room pick. A lot of times those dont work out like you want.

This is a gambling draft. Hope it comes up aces.
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
Kind of a smartest guy iin room pick. A lot of times those dont work out like you want.

I think you described Pace s approach this year in two sentences. Me, in thrilled with it. Excitement and potential will make 2017 more fun even if the bears still aren't good.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:

This doesn't seem like a very big reach - even NFL.com had him ranked as the 58th best prospect.

These two picks are all about upside - Pace is folowing his 'I don't want to be average' philosophy.

This draft is going to define Pace's tenure here in Chicago.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB 1 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Like the MT pick, I dont love it nor hate it. NFLN was hyping this guy up, saying he'd be a solid pick in the 4th. Maybe he would have fallen to 117 where it would have been better to take him. You draft a QB first, you usually either get him protection or a weapon next. We still need a pass rusher and a DB or two. I'm just glad we made the trade down to get extra picks. I just hope we get some defense.

Any DB the Bears take will probably not be any better than what they have on the roster. They still need DL help badly as they only have 2 NFL players in Hicks and Goldman. They are a Goldman injury away from giving up 11 yards a rush to Tyrone Montgomery. Unrein is not an NFL level starter as I believe he was cut by both the Chargers and Broncos. The Bears defense is in trouble if Bullard or their 2nd year DB's don't improve.

You HAVE to have that to have long term viability in the NFL though. Trades aside you only get 2 picks in the top 64 every year that are generally expected to be your immediate impact guys, and nobody hits on 100% of them. Hell our 2006 SB team was full of guys who were mid round picks who weren't immediately but became impact players or at least solid starters. Briggs. Vasher. Berrian. Alex Brown. Chris Harris was a 6th round rookie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

This doesn't seem like a very big reach - even NFL.com had him ranked as the 58th best prospect.

These two picks are all about upside - Pace is folowing his 'I don't want to be average' philosophy.

This draft is going to define Pace's tenure here in Chicago.
He was Mike Mayocks #4 TE (Howard, Njoku, Engram). So there is good value there. He has questions bc of level of competion. Every pick is a gamble, but his upside is really high. A freak athlete who is also a darn good football player. If he is the next Gronk (similar measurables across the board) look out NFCN in 2018.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this pick yesterday. Today, I'm super pumped about it.

"But we need a DB!" Whatever. Shaheen has ridiculous upside.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Shaheen can make plays like this for us:

https://vine.co/v/OOFmq0xzYJB
BearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best defenses are those on that spend most of the game on the sidelines while their offense drives down the field.

This guy helps balance time of possession. Will help in run blocking, and be a great third down option to help move the chains.

Sure we need help on defense, but we also having some big holes on offense.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with this pick up. The guy looks like a beast in the highlights I've seen. Lots of upside here.

As for those clamoring for DB help did you really expect the team to make that a priority in this draft after all the guys they added in free agency this year?
TB 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
I have no issue with this pick up. The guy looks like a beast in the highlights I've seen. Lots of upside here.

As for those clamoring for DB help did you really expect the team to make that a priority in this draft after all the guys they added in free agency this year?

The Bears also signed QB Mike Glennon and a TE in Dion Sims. The TE pick is good but I understand you only have so many picks. THey badly need DB help as all the guys they signed are band aids.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB 1 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

The Bears also signed QB Mike Glennon and a TE in Dion Sims. The TE pick is good but I understand you only have so many picks. THey badly need DB help as all the guys they signed are band aids.

I'm not disputing that they need to get better on the backend. But this is a deep class at DB and there's a few good talents that are still available​ to choose from.

In addition to the Amukamara and Cooper signings, alot of people are also forgetting that former 1st rounder Kyle Fuller is still on this team.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this pick the more excited I get about his potential.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - Gabriel tweeted that Gil Brandt attended the Ashland pro-day and said shortly after that Shaheen wouldn't make it out of the second round.

Gil was right.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: