Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#45...TE...Adam Shaheen...Ashland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TB 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
GREAT.

Quick. How many hands think that Glennon and White are taking us to the Conference Championship game in 2017? Buhler? Buhler?

Pace is aiming for 2018. Like AZ said, let the raw TE and QB form a bond while they ride the pine.

Hell, where's the recently injured CB Jones?? Is he still out there? Grab him and let him heal up over 2017 and then draft up from the early-middle slots off the 2018 draft, buckle up Trubisky, TE, and Jones, yell "HURAH" and storm into the 2018 playoffs.

Jones was drafted by the Eagles.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Baby Gronk!!!

Seriously tho Shaheen brings fantastic physical attributes to the position...he is another one who could take time adjust given he played at Ashland but he is a do it all TE who givens Glennon/Trubisky a big time target.

To me this means Pace is going to get an offensive HC next year. Intriguing pick, not sure about him but ib like the upside. I didn't really look much at him.

You couldn't if you had wanted to. I couldn't find any cut-ups of him.

This was the one I saw after the Combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJLRgh2vp4

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Baby Gronk!!!

Seriously tho Shaheen brings fantastic physical attributes to the position...he is another one who could take time adjust given he played at Ashland but he is a do it all TE who givens Glennon/Trubisky a big time target.

To me this means Pace is going to get an offensive HC next year. Intriguing pick, not sure about him but ib like the upside. I didn't really look much at him.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/adam-shaheen/

Here is two games worth of clips.
51to54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB 1 wrote:
51to54 wrote:
GREAT.

Quick. How many hands think that Glennon and White are taking us to the Conference Championship game in 2017? Buhler? Buhler?

Pace is aiming for 2018. Like AZ said, let the raw TE and QB form a bond while they ride the pine.

Hell, where's the recently injured CB Jones?? Is he still out there? Grab him and let him heal up over 2017 and then draft up from the early-middle slots off the 2018 draft, buckle up Trubisky, TE, and Jones, yell "HURAH" and storm into the 2018 playoffs.

Jones was drafted by the Eagles.

Wow. Not much fall off for a big injury. Good for the kid.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Should clarify, I don't dislike the player, just felt like they are prioritizing potential too much and grabbing players who aren't going to impact the team this year in much of a discernable way.

The first two picks certainly do feel like Pace knows he's got George McCaskey's faith over the next few seasons and gets to bring in a second head coach to clean up the mess.

pls be jim harbaugh

Agreed, he is picking with high upside as his driving force it seems. I am not opposed to it, but as you said we need a real offensive mind. I've been trying to talk up Pace getting Harbagh from Michigan. I'd be fine with making him the highest paid coach in the NFL to lock him down.

You really think we can/would outpay Michigan and their boosters? I think there's very little chance of that.

I highly doubt it, doesn't mean I would try if I was Pace.

Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Baby Gronk!!!

Thank you, i didn't think he was even an option so I skipped looking further.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Baby Gronk!!!

NIIIIIIIIICE Mike!

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Baby Gronk!!!

He was written up as the 10th best TE according to Athlon Sports.

Another developmental player.

No point in beating a dead horse, but really? This reminds me of Kellen Davis. Physical freak but not a good TE.

Some of you guys just love finding something wrong with everything.

Honestly, I love a good argument with ChicagoAL. He's been dead wrong several times(Tavon Austin) but I enjoy the context with him. It's a valid point, youre talking about a kid from Ashland University going in the top 50.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I think is absolutely crystal clear as far as Ryan Pace's tendencies.... He chose Adam Shaheen out of Ashland University over Obi Melifonwu. Combine results clearly are not atop Pace's priorities as far as draft prospects.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
One thing I think is absolutely crystal clear as far as Ryan Pace's tendencies.... He chose Adam Shaheen out of Ashland University over Obi Melifonwu. Combine results clearly are not atop Pace's priorities as far as draft prospects.

Huh? Shaheen might not have tested as outrageously as Obi - but his combine was still pretty ridiculous.

FYI - Bears twitter has an interview with Shaheen. That kid is like young Gronk - dude did his interview wearing a tank top for god's sake.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the MT pick, I dont love it nor hate it. NFLN was hyping this guy up, saying he'd be a solid pick in the 4th. Maybe he would have fallen to 117 where it would have been better to take him. You draft a QB first, you usually either get him protection or a weapon next. We still need a pass rusher and a DB or two. I'm just glad we made the trade down to get extra picks. I just hope we get some defense.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Like the MT pick, I dont love it nor hate it. NFLN was hyping this guy up, saying he'd be a solid pick in the 4th. Maybe he would have fallen to 117 where it would have been better to take him. You draft a QB first, you usually either get him protection or a weapon next. We still need a pass rusher and a DB or two. I'm just glad we made the trade down to get extra picks. I just hope we get some defense.

FWIW - Denver beat guy reported that Denver was going to take Shaheen with their 2nd round pick (6 picks after Chicago) if he was there.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to love this draft.

Both these picks are for 2018.
TB 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It is hard to love this draft.

Both these picks are for 2018.

Ryan Pace actually expects Shaheen to contribute right away.
TB 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:

Any DB the Bears take will probably not be any better than what they have on the roster. They still need DL help badly as they only have 2 NFL players in Hicks and Goldman. They are a Goldman injury away from giving up 11 yards a rush to Tyrone Montgomery. Unrein is not an NFL level starter as I believe he was cut by both the Chargers and Broncos. The Bears defense is in trouble if Bullard or their 2nd year DB's don't improve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: