You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#45...TE...Adam Shaheen...Ashland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
This dude is a FREAK

6'6" 280 lbs and runs a 4.7ish dash... I'd reduce him to 270, maybe even 265 and watch that speed increase.

Great pick, I love it.

His combine numbers were comparable to what Gronk did at his pro day. Shocked
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
I seem to be higher on this pick than most...maybe I'm just a believer that if you have a rookie QB you need a safety blanket...Shaheen gives him a massive target who he doesn't need to be perfect when throwing too if he is under pressure...I think he also helps in protection given his size...Shaheen along with Sims doesn't tip anything to a D because they can do a bit of everything...

I reckon Wilson was passed on because they question his speed and agility to play man coverage...obviously Indy like him at CB but I could see a lot of teams seeing him as a FS...Obi would have been the guy I would have taken if I was going D.

I see why they made the pick but for a guy with literally no nfl competition around him, it seems a round early at the least, IMO. They could have found a more polished target, or gone with Jake Butt in the next round, probably.

I highly doubt he would have made it out the 2nd...dude is two big and athletic for a team not to fall in love...someone will see Gronk.

Then thats a risk I think a team that is not devoid of talent should be taking, not one who could definitely use an improved defensive backfield or a guy like JuJu Smith Schuster.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tad early, but they did need a TE and he has a lot of tools
Nads786

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
I seem to be higher on this pick than most...maybe I'm just a believer that if you have a rookie QB you need a safety blanket...Shaheen gives him a massive target who he doesn't need to be perfect when throwing too if he is under pressure...I think he also helps in protection given his size...Shaheen along with Sims doesn't tip anything to a D because they can do a bit of everything...

I reckon Wilson was passed on because they question his speed and agility to play man coverage...obviously Indy like him at CB but I could see a lot of teams seeing him as a FS...Obi would have been the guy I would have taken if I was going D.

I see why they made the pick but for a guy with literally no nfl competition around him, it seems a round early at the least, IMO. They could have found a more polished target, or gone with Jake Butt in the next round, probably.

I highly doubt he would have made it out the 2nd...dude is two big and athletic for a team not to fall in love...someone will see Gronk.

Then thats a risk I think a team that is not devoid of talent should be taking, not one who could definitely use an improved defensive backfield or a guy like JuJu Smith Schuster.

Couldn't agree more...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

It's the exact opposite...look what Pace said after drafting Trubisky...here to be great no good...guys like JuJu are good...guys like Shaheen has traits to be great...Pace took another swing and he needs to do it throughout this draft.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should clarify, I don't dislike the player, just felt like they are prioritizing potential too much and grabbing players who aren't going to impact the team this year in much of a discernable way.

The first two picks certainly do feel like Pace knows he's got George McCaskey's faith over the next few seasons and gets to bring in a second head coach to clean up the mess.

pls be jim harbaugh
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

It's the exact opposite...look what Pace said after drafting Trubisky...here to be great no good...guys like JuJu are good...guys like Shaheen has traits to be great...Pace took another swing and he needs to do it throughout this draft.

Yes, but there certainly is a middle ground that could be found. Could have grabbed Bucky Hodges as well who is much less of a project but also has some freakish characteristics.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
G08 wrote:
This dude is a FREAK

6'6" 280 lbs and runs a 4.7ish dash... I'd reduce him to 270, maybe even 265 and watch that speed increase.

Great pick, I love it.

So, there are two sides of the spectrum.

Theres DaMike, who is going to literally say every single pick is the worst possible choice they could have done.

And then there is G08 Laughing

I try to be positive as much as I can when I see traits/"tape" that I like. It's why I hated Kevin White but loved Jordan Howard.

This dude, if you can teach him to effectively block with his size and length, will be a legit weapon from the Y. I wonder if we're going to be in a lot of 12 personnell, with 2 TEs that can actually get out in pass routes and make plays. That makes your offense unpredictable and dangerous.

It's a good thing boys!

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Yes, but there certainly is a middle ground that could be found. Could have grabbed Bucky Hodges as well who is much less of a project but also has some freakish characteristics.

Yeah at 35lbs less...Hodges isn't lining up inline like Shaheen will...

Forget next year it's going to be another trainwreak...focus on bringing in guys who could really excel in year two under an offensive mind.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Should clarify, I don't dislike the player, just felt like they are prioritizing potential too much and grabbing players who aren't going to impact the team this year in much of a discernable way.

The first two picks certainly do feel like Pace knows he's got George McCaskey's faith over the next few seasons and gets to bring in a second head coach to clean up the mess.

pls be jim harbaugh

I'm not too worried about this year. I'm not expecting playoffs while Glennon is under center, so I'm fine with redshirting Tru and Shaheen and letting them just dip their toes this year. Get a few more real high picks next draft then enter 2018 with these current picks ready to contribute full time.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Forget next year it's going to be another trainwreak...focus on bringing in guys who could really excel in year two under an offensive mind.

Shaheen is apparently not that great of an inline blocker for his size according to the scouting reports I've seen. At this point I wouldn't call that a strength of his.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just DON'T run a 7.09 cone at 6'6" 278 lbs man! That's INSANE!

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

pls be jim harbaugh

I'm not too worried about this year. I'm not expecting playoffs while Glennon is under center, so I'm fine with redshirting Tru and Shaheen and letting them just dip their toes this year. Get a few more real high picks next draft then enter 2018 with these current picks ready to contribute full time.

I agree, but I don't want another trainwreck season either. I want to see some marked improvement on our roster right away, and then we can fill in the raw, talented people as they get some more coaching. But the problem is, if we have too many of those raw guys, they are going to get forced in way too early and not really get a real good chance to sit and learn.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Shaheen is apparently not that great of an inline blocker for his size according to the scouting reports I've seen. At this point I wouldn't call that a strength of his.

The difference is he has the size, attitude and strength to do it...a guy like Hodges doesn't...you give this guy to an NFL coach and watch them go to work.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Do you have any source on his attitude or character? Or speculation based on the types of players Pace tends to pick? Haven't seen anything about him other than his play against small schools

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: