Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 2, Pick 43 -- Sidney Jones -- CB, Washington
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FerrisBueller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTFY Eagles draft 2017

1. Marlon Humphrey CB 6"0 197 + tackler and defender
2. Joe Mixon RB Hate the guy not the player, and not the fact that a proper RB is needed and he's the best out there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jones a lot. However, the injury made me write him off, especially as a 2nd round pick. Patience is a virtue and I am sure he will recover. From what I read, it takes 2 years to recover from the injury. If he can do it faster, awesome.

If they are patient, as they should be, let him sit out the year. Then, he will have his best impact in 2018.

As an aside, Green Bay took both guys I liked in Kevin King and Josh Jones. They should have a much better secondary in coming years.

Last edited by FerrisBueller on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Both Howie and Sidney are both saying that the eagles won't rush his return and that this pick is "a long-term investment for the eagles". I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on pup and misses 6 games or even IR.

Someone said something about this being a 2017 2nd for a 2018 1st.

Also... How is the corner class coming out next year??

I'm not just someone, I'm Jroc. Wink

Yea, it's exactly how I made myself feel really good about it. We really need help now but if you put it in those terms it helps you sleep better. That's why I was hoping he'd slip to the third. We could use a 4th and 99, trade up select him and it's essentially a 2017 3rd and 4th for a guy worthy of a 2018 1st. Great value. But I'm ok with this as well.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc is someone?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jroc is someone?

Jroc made his bones when you were going out with cheerleaders.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FerrisBueller wrote:
Phire wrote:
Jroc is someone?

Jroc made his bones when you were going out with cheerleaders.

This guy gets it.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be worried about his injury, but its pretty much the same injury a much heavier and older Jason Peters recovered from and our staff now has experience handling a high priced valuable player with this injury. So makes me comfortable about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Jones better than Quincy before the injury, but the injury scared me a little so I might have went Wilson. I love it regardless though

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick... Wanted Kevin King or Sidney Jones and really happy with Jones. He's arguably the best CB in this draft, and getting him in the 2nd is going to be a steal for us.

Kiltman on the Sig
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was King or Jones for me...

I'm ok with doubling up in the 3rd with

Langley
Wilson
Moreau
Danger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Danger wrote:
I'm not as optimistic as many of you. Kinda reminds me of Jack Ikegwuonu

Explain how a cornerback who allowed 5 TD's his Junior year, had a catastrophic knee injury, and significant off the field concerns reminds you of Sidney Jones.

We'll wait.
Why so serious my dude? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick.

At the start of the draft process he was my favourite player and someone I thought we could get in the first round (pre injury).

He just screams the type of CB we are looking for and we need.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely excited about this pick. That's a nasty injury, but no chance we get him if not for it. Love the long term outlook.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Sidney Jonesí doctors target a possible September return to action
Quote:
Washington cornerback Sidney Jones got very bad news last month, when he tore an Achilles tendon while conducting his Pro Day workout. Heís continuing to get good news about his prognosis.

Medical reports have been sent to all teams regarding the status of the injury following surgery to repair the tendon. According to information submitted by Dr. Robert Anderson and Dr. Ed Khalfayan, Jones will be fully recovered in as soon as four months and as long as six. This could put Jones back on the field in September.

Jones recently expressed optimism about a September return during a visit to PFT Live. Itís one thing for the player to express that kind of optimism; itís quite another for multiple physicians to do so.

A report from Dr. Anderson indicates that the surgical site has ďcompletely healedĒ only four weeks after the procedure, and that he has initiated range of motion exercises.

I posted this earlier in the draft thread, but I think I should post it here as well.

Honestly, As optimistic as I am about this, I'd rather PUP him right out of the gate so he doesn't push to hard or rush himself to get back on the field before he's truly 100% and ready for NFL action. He has a full career ahead of him, I don't want a handful of games this season to put that in jeopardy.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elijah Qualls interview...

Quote:
Another fun question I asked a couple of your teammates was, if you were going to war tomorrow and could only bring one of your teammates, who would you bring and why?

Qualls: Thatís tough man [laughs]. If I was allowed to bring multiple guys with me, Iím taking the entire defense. I really developed a relationship with those guys. I absolutely trusted all of my teammates out there on the field. I didnít have any doubt that they were gonnaí come to every game and to every practice with the mentality that we just want to win at all costs. If I had to pick one person, it would be Sidney Jones. His talent doesnít even need to factor into my decision, thatís the guy Iíve developed the closest relationship with. Me and Kevin [King] grew up near each other so weíve been cool for a minute. Iím close to a lot of my guys, we had some classes together as well. Sidney Jones is basically my little brother though. Iíve cared about that dude since he got here. Our personalities are very similar, we like to stick to ourselves. At the end of the day, I know that I can call on him, and he knows that he can call on me. I find the two of us very similar. I just love that kid man.

Have you spoken to him since the injury? Iím sure you have. What did you tell him?

Qualls: We talk every day. After the pro day thing, I just told him to keep his head up. I knew that I didnít have to tell him much though. Sidís not a kid that you can break down. Heís very strong minded and heís very strong willed. I know that heís going to come back with a vengeance. Heís still the best cornerback in this draft, I donít have a doubt about it. As soon as he gets back and heís able to play, Iím telling you that heís gonnaí ball out at the next level. I have no doubt about it.

Neither do I. I think heís a phenomenal player.

Qualls: Not even just athletically. The kid is smart. Sidney Jones is football intelligent man.

Just a fun story. Pretty cool we were able to draft two guys that are so tight.

From draftbreakdown.com
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaymiz wrote:
Elijah Qualls interview...

Quote:
Another fun question I asked a couple of your teammates was, if you were going to war tomorrow and could only bring one of your teammates, who would you bring and why?

Qualls: Thatís tough man [laughs]. If I was allowed to bring multiple guys with me, Iím taking the entire defense. I really developed a relationship with those guys. I absolutely trusted all of my teammates out there on the field. I didnít have any doubt that they were gonnaí come to every game and to every practice with the mentality that we just want to win at all costs. If I had to pick one person, it would be Sidney Jones. His talent doesnít even need to factor into my decision, thatís the guy Iíve developed the closest relationship with. Me and Kevin [King] grew up near each other so weíve been cool for a minute. Iím close to a lot of my guys, we had some classes together as well. Sidney Jones is basically my little brother though. Iíve cared about that dude since he got here. Our personalities are very similar, we like to stick to ourselves. At the end of the day, I know that I can call on him, and he knows that he can call on me. I find the two of us very similar. I just love that kid man.

Have you spoken to him since the injury? Iím sure you have. What did you tell him?

Qualls: We talk every day. After the pro day thing, I just told him to keep his head up. I knew that I didnít have to tell him much though. Sidís not a kid that you can break down. Heís very strong minded and heís very strong willed. I know that heís going to come back with a vengeance. Heís still the best cornerback in this draft, I donít have a doubt about it. As soon as he gets back and heís able to play, Iím telling you that heís gonnaí ball out at the next level. I have no doubt about it.

Neither do I. I think heís a phenomenal player.

Qualls: Not even just athletically. The kid is smart. Sidney Jones is football intelligent man.

Just a fun story. Pretty cool we were able to draft two guys that are so tight.

From draftbreakdown.com

We also drafted rasul douglas and shelton gibson who literally fought each other in practice every day.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: