Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All Aboard the Sam Darnold Hype Train!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of USC Qbs have been poop no thank you. I much rather see what Tyrod can do, bring Peterman along and see if Tyrod is capable of running the offense as well as he did the last 2 years. Everyone thinks the bills need to find a franchise qb as the offense is bad yet they were 12th in offense in 2015 and 10th in 2016 with Tyrod missing 3 of those games. If McDermott can fix the defense to be top 10 and the offense works out the same as the last 2 years I expect the bills to be contenders. If tyrod sucks and bill are top 5 in draft then it would be time to talk Qb but I hope its another qb and not USC.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Majority of USC Qbs have been poop no thank you. I much rather see what Tyrod can do, bring Peterman along and see if Tyrod is capable of running the offense as well as he did the last 2 years. Everyone thinks the bills need to find a franchise qb as the offense is bad yet they were 12th in offense in 2015 and 10th in 2016 with Tyrod missing 3 of those games. If McDermott can fix the defense to be top 10 and the offense works out the same as the last 2 years I expect the bills to be contenders. If tyrod sucks and bill are top 5 in draft then it would be time to talk Qb but I hope its another qb and not USC.

People link a franchise QB to Buffalo because they don't have one. While those stats are nice, they were 30th in passing yards/game and 27th in touchdown passes.

We can win with Tyrod and maybe even make the playoffs, but a franchise QB is still a must for the Bills.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz... I'll have to go back and look, but aren't you one of the posters in here that has said California QBs won't be successful in Buffalo?

I know there have been at least a few of you guys that have said that Wink

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
billzz

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
billzz... I'll have to go back and look, but aren't you one of the posters in here that has said California QBs won't be successful in Buffalo?

i am interested to see if i need to eat crow for making such a generalization..

the only one i can think of from recent years is Clausen, and I think my dislike for him was more so than QB's from CA at any point in my life, so if you can find me hating please show me!
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im good with Tyrod getting the bills to the playoffs and having peterman be our successor while collecting 2 top talented players in the 1st rd next year. Going splashy isnt what the bills do anymore as you saw this in the draft this year. The Qbs need to show more then 1 year for me to jump on the bandwagon. Tyrod has flaws but it was also the scheme the team was running by rushing first passing second. I want the bills to build a team and when the team is set to where they like and cannot move forward with Tyrod or Peterman at qb then they need to make a move up for a qb like KC and Houston did in this years draft as their team is set everywhere but the qb position and KC knows what Alex Smith cant do and that is get them over the playoff hump and in to a Superbowl

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought: Why does everyone assume we'll be worse than last year and have a top 10 pick again? With a competent defense and a real NFL coach for once, I don't see why we can't fight for the playoffs...

I know you guys don't like Tyrod as our starter and all, but I personally don't see why he cant be our starter for another 3-5 years. He is in his prime and we're practically throwing the best QB we've had in years to the curb because he's not Brady. The man took a HUGE pay cut to stay in Buffalo and to help the team's cap situation.

I'll eat my words if we're not good this year, but just saying...I really hate the expectations for this year. Then again, having low expectations may be a good thing for once.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Just a thought: Why does everyone assume we'll be worse than last year and have a top 10 pick again? With a competent defense and a real NFL coach for once, I don't see why we can't fight for the playoffs...

I know you guys don't like Tyrod as our starter and all, but I personally don't see why he cant be our starter for another 3-5 years. He is in his prime and we're practically throwing the best QB we've had in years to the curb because he's not Brady. The man took a HUGE pay cut to stay in Buffalo and to help the team's cap situation.

I'll eat my words if we're not good this year, but just saying...I really hate the expectations for this year. Then again, having low expectations may be a good thing for once.

We've been bad for so long we have been brainwashed (in a sense) to think just reaching the playoffs is acceptable. While that's great and we'd all be thrilled, don't we want to achieve more?

I don't think Tyrod's peak is anything more than a QB who squeaks you into the playoffs. He won't win you the division (at least while Brady is playing), and he certainly won't get you past the AFC Championship. I don't think Tyrod can do that for us. That's why we all look for the true franchise QB. Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, etc. get you to that next level as you know.

I think a lot of us are hoping we package our picks in a trade up if we manage to finish outside the top 10. Our schedule is really tough too, which is why myself and many others believe picking inside the top 10 is a definite possibility.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

i am interested to see if i need to eat crow for making such a generalization..

the only one i can think of from recent years is Clausen, and I think my dislike for him was more so than QB's from CA at any point in my life, so if you can find me hating please show me!

Yeah, it was during the Clausen discussion. Honestly I don't remember if it was you (I thought it was), but there was at least 1 person who had commented on QBs from California not being able to play well in Buffalo, and (IIRC) used Trent Edwards and JP Losman as references.

I can go back and look, but it may take a little bit. This work computer is super slow Laughing

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im happy with a playoff game whether you think its brainwashing or not but the bills realistically do not have a chance to magically make a superbowl run 1 year with a new coach. The difficulty of schedule worries me but the bills still have the dolphins and jets on their schedule which is 4 games that can go either way. With watching what the dolphins have done this offseason they havent made much of a stride and honestly the luck was on their side this past year to make the playoffs as their offensive defensive score was -1.7 and 8 of those 10 wins could have easily gone the other way. Jets are in a complete rebuild so I am not expecting that offense to compete as much as it did last year. With that said I still expect the bills to win 7-8 games if not more. They are always stuck as bad enough to not make the playoffs but good enough to not get top pick. I want the bills to build the squad up and then a couple years down the road push for that qb like KC and texans are doing now. Bills still need to build up certain positions in order to be superbowl contenders but I see the squad as a playoff contender right now. Pushing for a qb next year giving up those 2 first rd picks to me isnt worth it right now

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

We've been bad for so long we have been brainwashed (in a sense) to think just reaching the playoffs is acceptable. While that's great and we'd all be thrilled, don't we want to achieve more?

I don't think Tyrod's peak is anything more than a QB who squeaks you into the playoffs. He won't win you the division (at least while Brady is playing), and he certainly won't get you past the AFC Championship. I don't think Tyrod can do that for us. That's why we all look for the true franchise QB. Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, etc. get you to that next level as you know.

I think a lot of us are hoping we package our picks in a trade up if we manage to finish outside the top 10. Our schedule is really tough too, which is why myself and many others believe picking inside the top 10 is a definite possibility.
I don't have any problems trading up if a guy is there that is actually worth going up and getting. That being said I think getting a playoff appearance is unbelievably huge for this team from the owners all the way down to fans, the psychological burden that would be lifted would be massive and I truly think we need to clear that hurdle before we can even think about anything else. I don't care if we lose 52-0 in the wild card round, we need to get there and get the 17 year gorilla off our back.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

I don't have any problems trading up if a guy is there that is actually worth going up and getting. That being said I think getting a playoff appearance is unbelievably huge for this team from the owners all the way down to fans, the psychological burden that would be lifted would be massive and I truly think we need to clear that hurdle before we can even think about anything else. I don't care if we lose 52-0 in the wild card round, we need to get there and get the 17 year gorilla off our back.

Exactly! I hate to even discuss qbs that are still young. Remeber the hype of the next Andrew Luck with Stanfords qb Kevin Hogan or USC Matt Barkley. Im not buying the hype to trade up for any qb that has yet to proven themselves and to quickly blow tyrod off like he has been JP losman Ej manuel Trent Edwards. The guy produced for the bills and moved the chains as much as possible and placed the offense in top 10 without Watkins, sometimes didnt have woods or clay so your talking about guys like Percy Harvin who was retired to play 1 or 2 games and Justin Hunter as the top wrs on the field at a moment last year, its the defense who had the downfall last year and with a defensive coach who can adapt to the players strengths is going to matter at this point not Tyrod. Everyone just assumes qb is at fault for not making the playoffs but the bills were posting a good amount of points on offense and if it continues going in to 2017 i say he continues to be starter in 2018

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

Wanting that true franchise guy is truly understandable and I agree. I guess I'm afraid of building the atmosphere that the Sabres mistakenly made by tanking. They made a culture that made it acceptable to lose. Fans were actually cheering for losses, and once you get that feeling, it's hard to break out of it. Case in point: there are still idiots out there who believe the Sabres should tank next year because of the new GM and new Coach. When will that cycle end?? If you're not in this league to win, get the hell out. Buffalo will never be a winning city if we keep finding ways to root for high draft picks. It's ridiculous.

But with that said, if we have a great season and still want to trade up for a QB, it is what it is. But if we have a good season and Tyrod is good, what's the point in trading away 4+ picks to go up and get a QB? That's the point I was trying to make. Tyrod is considered young still, and is more than willing to get paid less money to better the team around him. There's basically no other QB's in this league willing to do that. Personally, I'd rather keep the two #1's next year to get other key positions. Now, if Tyrod isn't good, I'm all aboard on trading up.

So I'm just saying we should get a sense of our team after the first 5 weeks before determining that we should trade up or anything like that.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is gonna be potentially stacked. I want a pre season and 6 games from Tyrod and Peterman before jumping on QB train.

A couple OT will be high on draft boards and that may be a need, WR, TE, DT (assuming this is last season from Kyle Williams), CB if Darby plays like [inappropriate/removed] again and so on.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
This draft is gonna be potentially stacked. I want a pre season and 6 games from Tyrod and Peterman before jumping on QB train.

A couple OT will be high on draft boards and that may be a need, WR, TE, DT (assuming this is last season from Kyle Williams), CB if Darby plays like [inappropriate/removed] again and so on.

This. I can see DT, WR, and possibly CB being huge needs with Sammy maybe not being resigned, and Kyle being a big question mark. Personally I'd rather spend those 2 first rounders on those positions and trade up in a draft in the future to get a QB, when we don't have any glaring holes. But we'll see. Time will tell on all of these decisions, obviously.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not counting Cardale out yet either. More comp might drive him to work even harder.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: