Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.41: MINN - Dalvin Cook [RB #33] Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TENINCH

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
Has Cook ever returned punts and/or kickoffs? If he platoons with Murray, he certainly has the skill-set to be a great returner. have to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible, and he already runs routes better than CP.

Eh, given his history with some injuries, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

I can't remember him doing it at fsu either. Might have a couple times but I know he did it in high school.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
Has Cook ever returned punts and/or kickoffs? If he platoons with Murray, he certainly has the skill-set to be a great returner. have to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible, and he already runs routes better than CP.

I can't remember him doing it at fsu either. Might have a couple times but I know he did it in high school.

I wouldnt want him too.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:

I wouldnt want him too.

I agree, I'm not putting him back there. But I am putting McKinnon back there.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of their college connection, Cook is familiar with Vikings corner Xavier Rhodes, who has steadily grown into one of the faces of the organization since being selected in the first round in 2013.

Cook: “First off, Xavier is a great person. I came in the building and they spoke highly of him – everybody. I know him personally, I know he’s a great person and I can learn to be a pro. How to approach the game on and off the field. He’s good in the community, he’s good with people, he balls when he’s on the field, so I can learn from him in every aspect of the game. I talk to him a lot."

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/xavier-rhodes-right-role-model-dalvin-cook/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes would be a good role model for Cook. I'm glad that Cook realizes the importance of being a good teammate, not only on the field, but off the field. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes and surround himself with good character people.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the following months, while cementing his on-field résumé, Cook was preparing for life as a father with counsel from those closest to him. Cook hopes his young family accompanies him to the city of whichever team decides to invest on his playmaking ability.

Burnett’s conversations with Cook have transformed into a walk down memory lane, reminding her of her time with him in the womb. He recently shared a story about touching Morris’ stomach and feeling little DJ ball up inside — just like how Cook used to before he was born, Burnett told him.

“He listens — you know Dalvin, he is very intent,” Burnett said. “He listens, he laughs. We talk. We share. It’s been an awesome time.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-sp-dalvin-cook-nfl-draft-0427-story.html

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
I hope Cook is used as the "starting RB" and Murray is the 3rd down back (due to his blocking and receiving skills).

I don't really see McKinnon being used all that often unless someone gets hurt.

Ideally, we would have more of a power back in place of McKinnon for RB3. Cook is a better version of McKinnon. McKinnon will probably be reduced to more of a gadget player. But I'd think we could lean on Cook for a lot of those plays. I'd like to see Ham take the third RB spot. I think he could have more power back potential as RB3.

we need McKinnon for the wildcat! Wink

I've been wondering what his role will be. I think Cook and Murray will do enough that we won't need a 3rd guy much in the mix.

if anyone needs a back maybe we trade him? probably would depend on an injury.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I keep thinking about.....

A lot of people felt Dalvin Cook was a first-round talent. Philadelphia was a popular landing spot for him in mock drafts, and you saw/heard how Eagles fans reacted when we drafted him.

Now remember who the original holders of the No. 15 pick were. Some people are still upset about trading a first round pick for Sam Bradford. But think about how your perception of the trade and/or the draft pick would change if you thought of Dalvin Cook as the first round pick and Sam Bradford was acquired for a second round pick. Would your outlook improve? Would it worsen? Or would it remain unchanged?

Also think for a bit. If we hadn't traded the first round pick for Bradford, who would you take at No. 15? I know things would've been majorly different and they probably wouldn't be picking at 15, but go with me for a second. While that pick was in the range of where Cook was projected to go, my initial thought was that we would go elsewhere because of positional importance and where the team's needs were. But where were the team's needs, and who was available to fill those needs? Jonathan Allen might've been the top option. But after that, I personally would've went Cook over anyone else on the board. The tackles would've likely been in consideration, but I would've passed at that point. None of the other top talents carried enough positional value.

Just something to think about as I sit here wide awake and not able to sleep during the 5 am hour.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't trade a first for Bradford and he isn't on the roster, were probably picking top ten and taking a QB like Watson or Mahomes.

If we traded a second round pick for Bradford and still have the first, I'd probably lean towards a Tackle like Bolles or Ramczyk. Malik Hooker would be tempting. Jonathan Allen would also get strong consideration.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard taking one of those lineman that high with the talent on the board. I'd love Hooker or Allen. Watson would be the only QB I would take for us. I have a hard time seeing us take one tho. Really believe we may have seen Cutler a Viking... Or Mike Glennon.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
I hope Cook is used as the "starting RB" and Murray is the 3rd down back (due to his blocking and receiving skills).

I don't really see McKinnon being used all that often unless someone gets hurt.

Ideally, we would have more of a power back in place of McKinnon for RB3. Cook is a better version of McKinnon. McKinnon will probably be reduced to more of a gadget player. But I'd think we could lean on Cook for a lot of those plays. I'd like to see Ham take the third RB spot. I think he could have more power back potential as RB3.

we need McKinnon for the wildcat! Wink

I've been wondering what his role will be. I think Cook and Murray will do enough that we won't need a 3rd guy much in the mix.

if anyone needs a back maybe we trade him? probably would depend on an injury.

Cook and Murray will certainly take most of the carries, but there's still a role for McKinnon...it'll just often be on 3rd down...and I think with all 3 of them, that offers tremendous versatility...they could actually bring back the T formation on occasion with some combination of 2 of Cook/Murray/McKinnon, switching off who goes into a pass route (since they all have the ability to catch out of the backfield)

Thx to Lil Uno!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnon wont be much of an option as a third down RB unless he drastically improves as a blocker.

I still think Murray will be the third down back but he will get relief on run downs from Cook subbing in.

I don't see much of a role for McKinnon, barring injury.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we didn't trade a first for Bradford and he isn't on the roster, were probably picking top ten and taking a QB like Watson or Mahomes.
Agreed

If we traded a second round pick for Bradford and we're picking #11-14, I'd leans towards Jonathan Allen.

Davlin Cook wouldn't have been on my board/radar if I was picking within the top 15

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
McKinnon wont be much of an option as a third down RB unless he drastically improves as a blocker.

I still think Murray will be the third down back but he will get relief on run downs from Cook subbing in.

I don't see much of a role for McKinnon, barring injury.

It's allowed to have two of them on the field at the same time.

I think you could see a lot of plays like that, where Murray stay in for protection and either Cook or McKinnon run a route.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Murray is a pretty poor receiver, but that offense could still work.

If we still had the 15th pick without Sam on the roster, I'd take Malik Hooker, or trade back and get Forrest Lamp/Ryan Rymczak (sp?) A little later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: