Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.41: MINN - Dalvin Cook [RB #33] Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
How many years do ppl want to talk about Sherels possibly being cut, and than proceeds to showing us that he is the best special teams player in the league... best gunner and best punt returner.

He is a lock for the 53.

I'm sorry but they reached on a reciever who doesn't really project as anything other than a returner for a reason. It doesn't automatically put Sherls feet to the fire but I think there's a possible implication.

I don't want to have the conversation either but I'm also not going to ignore the possibility, given the pick they made

Uhh. This kid returns kicks. If anything, he's a replacement for CP84. Sherels is safe.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
How many years do ppl want to talk about Sherels possibly being cut, and than proceeds to showing us that he is the best special teams player in the league... best gunner and best punt returner.

He is a lock for the 53.

I'm sorry but they reached on a reciever who doesn't really project as anything other than a returner for a reason. It doesn't automatically put Sherls feet to the fire but I think there's a possible implication.

I don't want to have the conversation either but I'm also not going to ignore the possibility, given the pick they made

Uhh. This kid returns kicks. If anything, he's a replacement for CP84. Sherels is safe.

You don't think it's possible that they'd want to consolidate the two positions into one player?

I mean I'd prefer they'd keep Sherls and I'm sure he stays but I don't this it's lock, shut case. Maybe they want to make room for development talent at CB and Sherls is getting in the way of that.

Idk this is long digression from the original point of I'm not so sure Price is on his way out

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
I'm wanting to say he was clocked as the fastest player on the field in all of college football this year. #33 is so ugly.

just wait until Price is cut. #24 will be all his.

That's what I'm hoping for lol.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn’t be surprising if Cook and Murray find themselves in similar roles to Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, although there’s a case to be made that Cook will find more passes being thrown in his direction than Peterson. Cook definitely figures to get the majority of the rushing attempts on first and second down. Murray’s ability to protect Sam Bradford on third down will be key, especially since there are still question marks about the offensive line. Murray, who will be entering his fourth season, ranked fourth on Pro Football Focus’ list of pass-blocking backs in the NFL last season while with Oakland.

Murray, who rushed for 788 yards on 195 carries with 12 touchdowns as part of a three-man rotation last season, signed a three-year, $15 million contract with the Vikings in March. However, it’s really only a one-year deal that will guarantee $3.4 million and contains two option years. This means Murray’s stay in Minnesota could be a short one. However, if the Vikings’ two running back system finds the type of success that Peterson and Taylor did in their early years together, there is a good chance the team will keep the Cook-Murray combination intact while finding plenty of work for both.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/zulgad-cook-murray-combination-provide-familiar-look-vikings/[/b]

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
It wouldn’t be surprising if Cook and Murray find themselves in similar roles to Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, although there’s a case to be made that Cook will find more passes being thrown in his direction than Peterson. Cook definitely figures to get the majority of the rushing attempts on first and second down. Murray’s ability to protect Sam Bradford on third down will be key, especially since there are still question marks about the offensive line. Murray, who will be entering his fourth season, ranked fourth on Pro Football Focus’ list of pass-blocking backs in the NFL last season while with Oakland.

Murray, who rushed for 788 yards on 195 carries with 12 touchdowns as part of a three-man rotation last season, signed a three-year, $15 million contract with the Vikings in March. However, it’s really only a one-year deal that will guarantee $3.4 million and contains two option years. This means Murray’s stay in Minnesota could be a short one. However, if the Vikings’ two running back system finds the type of success that Peterson and Taylor did in their early years together, there is a good chance the team will keep the Cook-Murray combination intact while finding plenty of work for both.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/zulgad-cook-murray-combination-provide-familiar-look-vikings/[/b]

You know, I like this tandem if Murray can come back fully healthy. Murray is the bigger back who excels in pass protection. He's also got speed and was able to convert a lot of goal line situations last year.

I don't see any reason why the Vikings can't copy what the Falcons did last year with Freeman and Coleman. Throw in McKinnon to spell a bit. I think it has the makings of a good rotation.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Cook is used as the "starting RB" and Murray is the 3rd down back (due to his blocking and receiving skills).

I don't really see McKinnon being used all that often unless someone gets hurt.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I hope Cook is used as the "starting RB" and Murray is the 3rd down back (due to his blocking and receiving skills).

I don't really see McKinnon being used all that often unless someone gets hurt.

Ideally, we would have more of a power back in place of McKinnon for RB3. Cook is a better version of McKinnon. McKinnon will probably be reduced to more of a gadget player. But I'd think we could lean on Cook for a lot of those plays. I'd like to see Ham take the third RB spot. I think he could have more power back potential as RB3.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I don't really like this comparison. I see a better comparison to the roles Asiata and McKinnon had last year, but with much more talent. Murray, like Asiata, has steady hands and is great in pass protection, but isn't a high YPA back. Cook, like McKinnon, has the speed to break a long play and can be a weapon in the passing game, but isn't a great pass protector.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Ideally, we would have more of a power back in place of McKinnon for RB3. Cook is a better version of McKinnon. McKinnon will probably be reduced to more of a gadget player. But I'd think we could lean on Cook for a lot of those plays. I'd like to see Ham take the third RB spot. I think he could have more power back potential as RB3.

That makes sense. I wonder if Line could be the RB3 (he was a RB in college) as well as the FB, since I doubt we carry a pure FB. I like the way Ham runs though.

I wonder if McKinnon has any trade value at this point? He wasn't bad last year but he just has never really lived up to his potential, and he definitely won't get much playing time here.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.

I hope Cook is a legit big time starting RB, and everyone else is a backup.

If Cook is even just good, McKinnon won't be here in 2018 (other than for the SB in Feb, of course).

If they could get anything real for him, I'd certainly consider dealing him. How about a 3rd and McKinnon for a 2nd?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Heh.

If Cook is even just good, McKinnon won't be here in 2018 (other than for the SB in Feb, of course).

If they could get anything real for him, I'd certainly consider dealing him. How about a 3rd and McKinnon for a 2nd?

Probably values McKinnon too highly. Running backs are like new cars... lose value as soon as they are driven off the lot. His NFL career is littered with some highlights, but also some injuries.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Heh.

Probably values McKinnon too highly. Running backs are like new cars... lose value as soon as they are driven off the lot. His NFL career is littered with some highlights, but also some injuries.

probably, maybe?

In any event, I think he's not here in 2018, unless something went wrong. I'd at least consider dealing him at some point this summer.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Heh.

probably, maybe?

In any event, I think he's not here in 2018, unless something went wrong. I'd at least consider dealing him at some point this summer.

Too much for him, another great class of RB's again most likely.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
perrynoid

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Cook ever returned punts and/or kickoffs? If he platoons with Murray, he certainly has the skill-set to be a great returner. have to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible, and he already runs routes better than CP.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Has Cook ever returned punts and/or kickoffs? If he platoons with Murray, he certainly has the skill-set to be a great returner. have to get the ball in this guys hands as often as possible, and he already runs routes better than CP.

Eh, given his history with some injuries, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: