Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 2nd Rounders: Malik McDowell and Ethan Pocic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: 2017 2nd Rounders: Malik McDowell and Ethan Pocic Reply with quote

Will update later. What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/malik-mcdowell?id=2557970[/list]

#1 ET Supporter

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is crazy talented. I guess its time to trust Pete and the ceterans can keep his head in straight

#1 ET Supporter
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I know he is crazy talented. I guess its time to trust Pete and the ceterans can keep his head in straight

Worked well with Frank Clark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDowell is very, very talented. His red flag is his grit and mentality. Seahawks spent most time in the pre-draft process with McDowell and Obi Melifonwu. I guess they checked what makes McDowell tick.

Don't get the 58th pick. I think the Seahawks could make much better picka.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the McDowell pick. I learned my lesson knocking Kawann Short so far down my rankings for "low motor". McDowell is a man and can win from anywhere along the DLine. It's not often you find an interior lineman with that type of bend.

Pocic makes no sense to me. Best case scenario is he's your starting RG and you're saying Odhiambo was a wasted pick. Worst case you spent a 2nd round pick on a backup utility lineman.

Can't hate too much though, at least we're just adding bodies to compete along the OLine.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I really like the McDowell pick. I learned my lesson knocking Kawann Short so far down my rankings for "low motor". McDowell is a man and can win from anywhere along the DLine. It's not often you find an interior lineman with that type of bend.

Pocic makes no sense to me. Best case scenario is he's your starting RG and you're saying Odhiambo was a wasted pick. Worst case you spent a 2nd round pick on a backup utility lineman.

Can't hate too much though, at least we're just adding bodies to compete along the OLine.
if you spend three third rounders on guards and get two starters, you're probably doing alright in reality

For what it is worth, they called him a tackle. Seattle chooses what he gets announced as, so they must think he potentially has a future at OT

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:

if you spend three third rounders on guards and get two starters, you're probably doing alright in reality

For what it is worth, they called him a tackle. Seattle chooses what he gets announced as, so they must think he potentially has a future at OT

If it means Ifedi stays inside, hallelujah. He is 6'6" so a move to RT could make sense as he is a technician.

I would guess he's your starting RG, but as of now we just have a lot of bodies with no definitive positions. Should be a very interesting camp.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Frank never had a motor issue

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I was referring to keeping his head in the right place.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help but think the raiders stole Obi from us. That's frustrating.

imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Sorry, that was a hasty post that probably came off negative. My meaning was that franks issue wasn't really football related and probably a little overblown in the draft process. Malik taking plays truly scares me, but I think he was drafted to become the next Michael Bennett in Seattle down the line....his ceiling is at cathedral heights.

Any notable cases of a player finding a motor in the league ?

Meeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Sorry, that was a hasty post that probably came off negative. My meaning was that franks issue wasn't really football related and probably a little overblown in the draft process. Malik taking plays truly scares me, but I think he was drafted to become the next Michael Bennett in Seattle down the line....his ceiling is at cathedral heights.

Any notable cases of a player finding a motor in the league ?

I usually forget draft profiles quickly so I can't really name much...they were talking about Clowney who just made his first Pro Bowl.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

If they wanted him, they'd trade up for him. Seahawks is not gun shy when it comes to Draft, specially with elite athletes. They spent time with him, didn't like him, move on.

Last edited by brseahawks on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Yes and I gotta say I was the first one around here that loved the pick and saw a great player in his tape.

And I also gotta say I get a 2014 vibe from this class.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
imani wrote:

If they wanted him, they'd trade up for him. Seahawks is not gun shy when it comes to Draft, specially with elite athletes. They spent time with him, didn't like him, move on.
for sure. We have traded up in the second for britt and traded up into the early third for lockett in recent years. There were guys that other teams stole from us as fans, but that is different then from seattle. It has become very apparent this year more than maybe any other that seattle just has a different board

I am sure they like Ramzcyk, King, Budda, Obi, etc but not as much above other guys as we did

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: