You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Round (33): Kevin King [CB; Washington]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so friggen happy we got King. Been my draft crush for the past cuple months. His size, athletic ability and ball skills are all insane.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:
justo wrote:
Do we think:
Outside-House, Randall
Slot-King

or

Outside-House, King
Slot-Randall

?

Just based on how raw King is I'd assume that he'd come off the bench as the third cornerback, but an outside guy.

Outside guy. I think House and Randall are our starters opening day vs Seattle tbh

Can we now please let this rookie come in, shine and be so good he the opening day starter on the other teams #1 WR? It happens right? Been so long since we've had a rookie come in and star on defense. Do we consider Clay to have been that?

The good teams don't usually have rookie "starters" week one. We might get some snaps from him in dime or something, but that should be it.
If he earns it I don't see why we don't start him week 1, and the fact we aren't afraid to play all our rookies based on previous years.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:
justo wrote:
Do we think:
Outside-House, Randall
Slot-King

or

Outside-House, King
Slot-Randall

?

Just based on how raw King is I'd assume that he'd come off the bench as the third cornerback, but an outside guy.

Outside guy. I think House and Randall are our starters opening day vs Seattle tbh

Can we now please let this rookie come in, shine and be so good he the opening day starter on the other teams #1 WR? It happens right? Been so long since we've had a rookie come in and star on defense. Do we consider Clay to have been that?

My guess is we put House on their #1 WR, Randall on their #2 WR, and Rollins against their slot. King either fills in when someone struggles or when an injury hits. We'll see, though.
Think that it's hard to do that on the back end of this specific defense. If they want to play two-high looks and Jones is the second high safety with Burnett in the slot, that may be easier, though. Wonder what the plan for the Hyde replacement is. I don't expect much from King in 2017. I think the line of scrimmage guys (Biegel/Adams) will get in the rotation, though. We know Dom loves to throw out several pass-rushers, and I'd say Biegel is the third-best outside linebacker the moment he steps on the practice field. If Clay plays inside, he's a starter. Adams will be the first quality backup to Daniels (still gets reps, Daniels plays like 60 percent of the snaps and has been our DL1 in terms of snaps for three years) in years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I don't expect much from King in 2017.

Wut?

I don't expect King to enter Week 1 as the starter (although I wouldn't entirely rule it out), but I do expect him to be a solid contributor on defense whose role will continue to grow throughout the season.

justo wrote:
I'd say Biegel is the third-best outside linebacker the moment he steps on the practice field. If Clay plays inside, he's a starter.

Come again?

Yes, we all know that Biegel is a Waldo Low Risk 1 EDGE.

That predicts long-term NFL success, but it doesn't mean he's the 3rd Best OLB the minute he steps on the practice field. Fackrell is in Year 2, already appears to be 255lbs and was the better prospect when he was drafted.

I like Biegel quite a bit, but he's not the 3rd best player at that position (especially as a 3rd/4th RD Rookie) until he proves it in TC.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
I like Biegel quite a bit, but he's not the 3rd best player at that position (especially as a 3rd/4th RD Rookie) until he proves it in TC.

Depending on your feelings regarding Fackrell, and how high you were on Biegel coming out I wouldn't say it's totally crazy. Maybe a bit optimistic, but not crazy.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
DocHambone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House, King on the boundaries, Randall in the slot.

Haha, Jones/Burnett playing two high with the other as a defacto LB.

Gotta think they want those 6 on the field against the majority of offensive personnel.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
House, King on the boundaries, Randall in the slot.

Haha, Jones/Burnett playing two high with the other as a defacto LB.

Gotta think they want those 6 on the field against the majority of offensive personnel.

Exactly my thinking. Wonder which of our DTs will play the nickel role, obviously Daniels, then maybe Clark/M. Adams rotation? That DLine is for real.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think Fackrell is very good honestly.

With King, haven't we seen a history of outside cornerbacks taking time to adjust to this scheme? King is about as raw as they come, too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

With King, haven't we seen a history of outside cornerbacks taking time to adjust to this scheme? King is about as raw as they come, too.

Again, I'm not sure where you're getting this. Consider the first and second years of three undrafted corners alone (Shields, Gunter, Williams), I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it takes time for an outside corner to adjust to this scheme. Lee was a bust, Randall played very well in his first year and was injured his second, so what other outside corners are you basing this idea off of?

Rollins, Hyde and Hayward weren't outside corners and there were good starters in front of them.

House was on a roster behind Woodson, Williams and Shields, so he wasn't going to start no matter how good he was.

So where are you getting this theory from?
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 most recent draftees at CB played quite a bit as rookies:

755 snaps- Randall
323 snaps- Rollins
683 snaps - Hayward
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

I'll be curious what Fack's weight is this year. We had Mathews, Perry, Neal, Peppers, Elliott all in the 6'3 260ish mold. Fack was at 245 last year.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
The 3 most recent draftees at CB played quite a bit as rookies:

755 snaps- Randall
323 snaps- Rollins
683 snaps - Hayward

11 interceptions and 2 touchdown returns in their combined rookie years, too.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this guys tape more I love how aggressive he is, he isn't afraid to hit you, a little grabby, but we need to get hands on receivers more in this defense compared to last year, he challenges them at the line unlike our guys from last year.
cannondale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people underestimating Gunter ?
Even with his limitations, wasn't he our most reliable cover ?
One would hope that Randall and Rollins take steps forward, but if you are careful with the assignments, I gotta think Gunter is in the mix
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:

I'll be curious what Fack's weight is this year. We had Mathews, Perry, Neal, Peppers, Elliott all in the 6'3 260ish mold. Fack was at 245 last year.

Pretty sure I read 255 on here somewhere, FWIW...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: