You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CalhounLambeau 2018 Draft Thread - Podcast Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Just scrolling through the database, but a name that seems to be missing is Maurice Hurst Jr, DT, who I think is by far Michigan's best prospect next year.

Akrum Wadley should also have a big year. SR RB for Iowa. Big fan of his.

I think Kemoko Turay is my "how is this dude still college?" prospect this year. Feel like he's been at Rutgers forever, but he's only going to be a 5th year senior.

Undersized, 6'1, 280, Great interior pass rusher and just as bad vs the run.

As far Turay, he reminds me so much of Aldon Smith as a prospect. All he has to do is keep it together for one year and show the upside we all know he has.

Also Calhoun, whats your take on Drew Lock? I'm a fan
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see up to 5 Baylor players getting drafted, though I'm only confident in 1 or 2 of them getting drafted right now.

RB Terence Williams
DE KJ Smith
S Travon Blanchard
OT Mo Porter
S Davion Hall

I'd give Williams a 6th round grade right now and KJ Smith a 5th round grade.

Blanchard is switching from NB to S and Hall switched from WR to S last year and this year, his senior year, should start.

Porter could be a 5th or 6th round pick too I think.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add those guys tonight. Thanks!
Brandon26841

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe take a look at Dre'Mont Jones and Jalyn Holmes from OSU?

Jones is a rising redshirt sophomore DT that the Buckeyes are huge on; came in as a SDE in 2015 but didn't play his true freshman year due to an ACL tear that occurred during his senior year of high school. Was forced to start after starting DT Tracy Sprinkle was injured the first game of the season in 2016. Undersized 3-tech but twitchy; supposedly he's up to 295 this year. He didn't get to rush the passer much last season (his supposed strength) because of OSU's rushmen package (Holmes / Lewis / Hubbard / Bosa) but this season they want him in on passing downs. They're expecting a big year from him; could be a guy that blows up. Was just learning how to play inside last year and was thrown into the fire.

I'm sure you're aware of Holmes. 6-5, 270 lbs and productive when he's on the field. He co-starts with Hubbard and plays equal amounts of reps. I think he's a guy that's going to get taken a lot higher than projected and will rise during the combine process.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brandon! You guys have been great about helping me.

Will be posting some reports and more rankings this weekend.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird update on Johnny Jefferson.

So obviously the transferred out of Baylor and originally was going to ACU. Then he axed that and was going to go to UTSA.

Well yesterday I found out he is coming back to Baylor for his degree, but not sure about football. My friend's source is JJ's girlfriend, and he's either playing football at Baylor or Mary-Hardin Baylor.

Though you would think he'd have to sit out a year to come back to play here and I'm not sure how that would be possible with him sitting out a year+ already and being a senior next year.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Cedrick Wilson, Boise State. He was impressive for them last year, was a JUCO transfer, played most of the year with torn ligaments in his ankle, and he's going to be the #1 WR for them this year. He's one to watch. Good deep threat, can make some good catches and can catch it away from his body, he's solid with the ball in his hands, and he can return punts as well.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:

So obviously the transferred out of Baylor and originally was going to ACU. Then he axed that and was going to go to UTSA.

Well yesterday I found out he is coming back to Baylor for his degree, but not sure about football. My friend's source is JJ's girlfriend, and he's either playing football at Baylor or Mary-Hardin Baylor.

Though you would think he'd have to sit out a year to come back to play here and I'm not sure how that would be possible with him sitting out a year+ already and being a senior next year.

He's going to be a 25 year old rookie if he plays football next year. What a strange journey he's had.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
WR Cedrick Wilson, Boise State. He was impressive for them last year, was a JUCO transfer, played most of the year with torn ligaments in his ankle, and he's going to be the #1 WR for them this year. He's one to watch. Good deep threat, can make some good catches and can catch it away from his body, he's solid with the ball in his hands, and he can return punts as well.

Noted. Thank you.
smokeybandit

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:

You don't have to sit out a year if you return to the same school you left.

From reading his story, doesn't really seem like the rigors of football would be good for someone who's been through what he's been through.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

Adding links to all the players names. The link will take you to that players page on their team website.
gohogs14

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on some Arkansas guys:

C Frank Ragnow- Top 3 round pick.

QB Austin Allen- Not real sure. Had a solid but flawed first season as a starter and his brother made a huge leap in his senior year that made himself a draft pick. Led the SEC in several passing categories. He's only 6'1 but his toughness and experience running a pro style offense could get him picked up in the 6th or 7th.

WR Jared Cornelius- Good college receiver but seems like a dime a dozen slot receiver in the NFL. Quick, runs good routes and has good hands but not overly fast and has a pretty small frame that seems to get injured quite a bit. Most likely late round pick or UDFA. Pretty good punt returner.

Pretty small senior class this year, seems like most of the starters will be juniors or sophomores.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the scariest thing I've found while digging through draft prospects.

That face. That hair. The face with moles that have thick hair coming out of them.

Trey Adams, OT, Washington.

Wow. Smile
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

All prospects names in here are now linked to their team page. Very easy to navigate and find prospect information. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: