You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best and Worst pick of Round 1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lark25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy that said Watt is a complete potato "duhhh I've never seen TJ play but he must suck and only got drafted coz his bro is JJ"

I think Watt was one of the best picks of the draft. I think he has far more upside than Takk or Harris and rated him around the #4-5 edge guy in this class.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

TJ Watt reminds me a lot of Shea McClellin, so not a fan of that pick.

That's like someone saying that since Jarrad Davis reminds them of Jon Beason, they don't like that pick. I mean, who wants to invest a mid-to-late 1st Rd pick on someone who can't stay healthy? That's actually a fairer assessment of Davis, since he only played one full season, whereas other than skin color, there are almost zero similarities between McClellin and Watt.

Your 1st clue comes from the Combine, where Watt was invited as an OLB, McClellin as a DE. 2nd, also from the Combine, is that Watt scored at the top of every Combine Metric, except for the 40 (12th), and the BP (tied for 8th). McClellin? Not so much--only the 40. 3rd, would be a simple look at their stats. McClellin had Zero PDs and Zero FFs...Watt had 4 and 2 respectively, and not to mention McClellin never sniffed double digit sacks in 4 years (ok, he 'sniffed' it by getting 9.5 his Junior season); Watt got 11.5 in his first-ever as an OLB. Point is their games were nothing alike in college.

So, you don't want to like the selection of Watt because he's potentially a 1-year anomaly, or because he had knee injuries, then fine, that makes sense. But also remember that he was selected 30th, and most final Mocks had him going anywhere from the low-20s to mid-30s, so the value as right, per the media, at least.

As far as my favorite/least favorite picks?

Favorite - David Njoku - Not the biggest steal of the night, but a pretty darn good one. Was slated to go about 10 picks higher, and was hoping he fell one more pick.

Least Favorite - Trubisky - Sorry, but trading away those pieces to move up one spot for a QB that wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon, is just mind-boggling. I personally do not understand it one bit. Trubisky is not a generational talent, IMO, and losing him to someone else, with the massive amounts of talent staring them in the face at #3 overall, would not have been a bad thing. Shoot, they could have traded away that pick, collected a few future picks, and used those to get their QB of the future, likely a better one, next draft.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

That's like someone saying that since Jarrad Davis reminds them of Jon Beason, they don't like that pick. I mean, who wants to invest a mid-to-late 1st Rd pick on someone who can't stay healthy? That's actually a fairer assessment of Davis, since he only played one full season, whereas other than skin color, there are almost zero similarities between McClellin and Watt.

Your 1st clue comes from the Combine, where Watt was invited as an OLB, McClellin as a DE. 2nd, also from the Combine, is that Watt scored at the top of every Combine Metric, except for the 40 (12th), and the BP (tied for 8th). McClellin? Not so much--only the 40. 3rd, would be a simple look at their stats. McClellin had Zero PDs and Zero FFs...Watt had 4 and 2 respectively, and not to mention McClellin never sniffed double digit sacks in 4 years (ok, he 'sniffed' it by getting 9.5 his Junior season); Watt got 11.5 in his first-ever as an OLB. Point is their games were nothing alike in college.

So, you don't want to like the selection of Watt because he's potentially a 1-year anomaly, or because he had knee injuries, then fine, that makes sense. But also remember that he was selected 30th, and most final Mocks had him going anywhere from the low-20s to mid-30s, so the value as right, per the media, at least.

As far as my favorite/least favorite picks?

Favorite - David Njoku - Not the biggest steal of the night, but a pretty darn good one. Was slated to go about 10 picks higher, and was hoping he fell one more pick.

Least Favorite - Trubisky - Sorry, but trading away those pieces to move up one spot for a QB that wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon, is just mind-boggling. I personally do not understand it one bit. Trubisky is not a generational talent, IMO, and losing him to someone else, with the massive amounts of talent staring them in the face at #3 overall, would not have been a bad thing. Shoot, they could have traded away that pick, collected a few future picks, and used those to get their QB of the future, likely a better one, next draft.

The rumors are that we traded up to that spot because we thought you would take him. Which obviously makes me even more happy about it. Laughing

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1998 the Chargers traded the #3 overall pick + 2nd round pick + 1999 1st round pick for the #2 overall pick.

I think people need to stop overreacting to what the Bears traded to the Niners this year. It wasn't an awful trade if there was a chance the QB you wanted wasnt there at 3.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
In 1998 the Chargers traded the #3 overall pick + 2nd round pick + 1999 1st round pick for the #2 overall pick.

I think people need to stop overreacting to what the Bears traded to the Niners this year. It wasn't an awful trade if there was a chance the QB you wanted wasnt there at 3.

Except that CLE wasn't in on the 2 pick (confirmed multiple sources including Mike Silver). The other teams inside the top 10 all passed on QB. Seems way more likely Lynch had an offer for teams wanting to move up for Adams ahead of NYJ. Or maybe Fournette ahead of Jax. But not Trubisky. So Chi likely stays they get him at 1.3. Just tip your cap to Lynch for getting max value.

TankWilliams

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Except that CLE wasn't in on the 2 pick (confirmed multiple sources including Mike Silver). The other teams inside the top 10 all passed on QB. Seems way more likely Lynch had an offer for teams wanting to move up for Adams ahead of NYJ. Or maybe Fournette ahead of Jax. But not Trubisky. So Chi likely stays they get him at 1.3. Just tip your cap to Lynch for getting max value.

According to Schefter, Cleveland was in discussions with the bears for the #3 pick as a way to keep them out of the #2 spot and lull them into thinking that the Bears weren't sold on Trubisky.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/espns-adam-schefter-sheds-light-on-bears-trade-for-trubisky/

Quote:
While Chicago was in heavy negotiations with the San Francisco 49ers, they were holding off the Cleveland Browns by negotiating a deal that would allow the Browns to move up to the No. 3 pick; In essence, they duped Cleveland into believing they could move into the Bears’ spot for Trubisky, who by all accounts, the Browns coveted nearly as much as Myles Garrett.

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky.
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

According to Schefter, Cleveland was in discussions with the bears for the #3 pick as a way to keep them out of the #2 spot and lull them into thinking that the Bears weren't sold on Trubisky.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/01/espns-adam-schefter-sheds-light-on-bears-trade-for-trubisky/

Quote:
While Chicago was in heavy negotiations with the San Francisco 49ers, they were holding off the Cleveland Browns by negotiating a deal that would allow the Browns to move up to the No. 3 pick; In essence, they duped Cleveland into believing they could move into the Bears’ spot for Trubisky, who by all accounts, the Browns coveted nearly as much as Myles Garrett.

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky.

This is the first thing that makes any kind of sense...there was no way I was believing that nobody else wanted to go to up to #2 for Trubisky. How people could just make that stuff up is beyond me. If, as a front office/scouting dept, Trubisky is your guy, then it is by far worth it to give up two 3rds and a 4th to go up that one spot to make sure you get him, whether the 9ers were putting out smoke screens or not is immaterial. If you think he's that good, good enough to draft #2, then you have to know at least one other team feels the same way. I can't conceive of the front office that would be THAT wrong on a guy to think he's worth that kind of draft capital, when NOBODY else in the league does.
Time will only tell if they were right or wrong on the talent (and situation has A LOT to do with the end result), but getting your QB in this manner is not a reach at all.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: OJ Howard

Worst: John Ross
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Quote:

According to Schefter the Browns were going to take Trubisky at #1. I don't think Schefter has good sources inside the Browns organization.
bzane

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Eh?

Look, I'm not saying people have to like Watt as a prospect, but that's a horrible comp. And I mean horrible.

That's right! Who can forget Shea McClellin's sinewy and ripped physique when he came out? The "Before" photo. T.J. could work out for years with his famous brother, and never attain the Olympian lines of Shea McClellin!!!

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/mgs5S5PAWCvg8VHTwrMO_Q--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjU0O2g9NjU0/http://media.zenfs.com/en-us/homerun/video.stack.com/9db860cbe4cdba3ea8b4e974b40311bc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: