Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best and Worst pick of Round 1.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Best and Worst pick of Round 1. Reply with quote

Who you got?

Best pick- Reuben Foster 1.31 Niners
This dude is a beast and he plays a litte insane but will do well with Bowman helping him out. This was a steal right here.

HM- Malik Hooker 1.15 Colts

Worst Pick- Garrett Bolles 1.20 Broncos
Denver could have traded down if they really wanted Bolles, Elway was getting calls. Lamp and Robinson didn't even get picked round 1. The 25 year old with the learning disability at 20 was a reach.

HM- Mitchell Trubisky 1.2 Bears

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best pick: Tampa Bay selecting OJ Howard
Tremendous value, tremendous player, and strengthened a position of need for them coming into the draft. Definitely the best pick of round 1.
HM: Jets selecting Jamal Adams

Worst pick: Houston selecting Deshaun Watson
I think just about every pick was a good fit for the team, so this comes down to value. And I like Deshaun Watson a lot, but I can't get over how much Houston gave up for him. Simplified down, they gave up 2 first round picks, a second, and Osweiler to the Browns. That's insane.
HM: Chicago selecting Mitchell Trubisky

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
billzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Foster, Hooker, Allen, Howard

Worst: Trubisky, McCaffrey, Ross, Harris, Watt

McCaffrey is another Reggie Bush, Trubisky is just the prototypical NFL size, not great at anything, Ross has already torn both of his ACL's, Harris is a situational pass rusher (even at Missouri) and Watt is living off of his brothers name.

Foster should have been a top 7 pick, Hooker "fell" to 15, Allen is the best player in the draft when healthy, and Howard is the next generational TE.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst:
Bears trading up for Mitch Trubisky. They gave up a lot to draft a bad quarterback.

Best:
Saints drafting Marshon Lattimore at 11. He has the potential to be the best CB in the league, getting him at 11 is a great value.

Chiefs trading up for Mahomes was pretty bad also. Now you have hope that Andy Reid can teach him how to play quarterback. That isn't worth a 1st let alone two.

The Eagles taking Barnett seems like a weird fit. Not sure he's ideal for a Jim Schwartz defense.

Hooker going to the Colts at 15 seems like a great value, just hope they use him as a single high safety.

The Browns trading down to take Peppers was genius, he is perfect for their defense and they gained yet another 1st round pick in the process. Their trade up for Njoku was great as well. They are building the talent of that team very quickly.

TJ Watt reminds me a lot of Shea McClellin, so not a fan of that pick.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the teams that took horrible reaches at QB/WR in the top-10 instead of grabbing an elite defensive player completely blew it.

SF and CLE killed it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Best and Worst pick of Round 1. Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Denver could have traded down if they really wanted Bolles.

There is no way you can know this.
Techbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to ignore the injury drops, and I consider Lattimore an injury drop. They know more than we do about the kids and if 20-something teams pass on obvious talent, there is something non-obvious going on.

Best move would be NE and Cooks if Cooks signs.

Best pick to me is a tie of Reddick to Az and Watt to Pit, where creative coordinators can leverage unique ability and create effective play.

Worst move is clearly da Bears getting sucked in by the scams of a brand new GM and giving away the picks that would turn into 3 functional team members on a team that needs bodies. Just gave them away.

Worst pick to me is hard, since there are some ends I have poor grades on but who knows what a pro coach will teach? But based on the knowledge I have I would give a tie to Harris to Mia and Charlton to Dallas as guys who I think will be no better than journeymen. I also don't like any of the quarterbacks.
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the Raiders pick? Not going to pretend I know anything about the kid, CB has been Reggie's worst draft position thus far and the off field stuff is a concern even if he is innocent (putting yourself in that situation few weeks before the draft is mind numbingly stupid).

Can he play?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
All of the teams that took horrible reaches at QB/WR in the top-10 instead of grabbing an elite defensive player completely blew it.

SF and CLE killed it.

Corey Davis wasn't a horrible reach. If he was able to workout, he's an elite prospect.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
Best: Foster, Hooker, Allen, Howard

Worst: Trubisky, McCaffrey, Ross, Harris, Watt

McCaffrey is another Reggie Bush, Trubisky is just the prototypical NFL size, not great at anything, Ross has already torn both of his ACL's, Harris is a situational pass rusher (even at Missouri) and Watt is living off of his brothers name.

Foster should have been a top 7 pick, Hooker "fell" to 15, Allen is the best player in the draft when healthy, and Howard is the next generational TE.

>i.e., "don't draft whitey."
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Best and Worst pick of Round 1. Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Very fair. But you could have gotten Ramczyk at 31 or sooner or Robinson. If Bolles doesn't outplay them Counselor's point holds about being able to trade back for T (assuming they all stay at T). If he outplays them then "who knows" definitely applies.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

SF and CLE killed it.

Corey Davis wasn't a horrible reach. If he was able to workout, he's an elite prospect.

I strongly disagree. I don't think he is even close to the level of Amari Cooper or AJ Green or Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. And definitely not a better prospect than Jamal Adams.

Not as bad as a reach as John Ross though. Yikes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Thoughts on the Raiders pick? Not going to pretend I know anything about the kid, CB has been Reggie's worst draft position thus far and the off field stuff is a concern even if he is innocent (putting yourself in that situation few weeks before the draft is mind numbingly stupid).

Can he play?

Dude can play. Ball out even.

Only way it busts for value to where he was picked is if he's convicted. Or gets hurt but that's beyond anyone's control given he has no major injury flags.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

SF and CLE killed it.

I strongly disagree. I don't think he is even close to the level of Amari Cooper or AJ Green or Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. And definitely not a better prospect than Jamal Adams.

Not as bad as a reach as John Ross though. Yikes.

Well, guess we will just have to trust Jon Robinson's opinion over yours. It's a tough call with which of you is more qualified and spent more time scouting and preparing for the draft.

Maybe, just maybe, the Titans will luck out and Davis pans out.
Cant spell choke without OKC
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Best and Worst pick of Round 1. Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Very fair. But you could have gotten Ramczyk at 31 or sooner or Robinson. If Bolles doesn't outplay them Counselor's point holds about being able to trade back for T (assuming they all stay at T). If he outplays them then "who knows" definitely applies.

Yes I shouldn't have said Bolles. I meant a T with the same skill level if not better.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: