Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft day 2 discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: 2017 Draft day 2 discussion Reply with quote

Targets for day 2? So many ways we could go here and there are a lot of quality players left. We could go defense and potentially grab a linebacker like Cunningham or Bowser or we could go DT and grab McDowell or Wormley. We couldo bolster the offense with any one of the super talented RBs left or potentially trade up for one of the last few quality linemen like Lamp, Robinson, or Dawkins.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish list
dalvin cook (steal in second round)
Donta Foreman
Cunningham
Bowser
kamara

and ill say it...mixon
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll never take him, especially after the Josh Brown incident, but i'll just leave this here...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/draft/2017/04/19/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-running-back/100608826/

Quote:
4. JOE MIXON, Oklahoma (6-0 , 228, 4.47. 1-3): Third-year sophomore was suspended all of 2014 for punching a woman in the face. Hes my best back by far, said one scout. Hes Adrian Peterson who returns kicks. Great receiver, not a good receiver. He can line up wide or as a slot. Hes a bigger, better Ezekiel Elliott. He can do more. With classmate Samaje Perine having established himself, he and Mixon split time past two years. Finished with 300 carries for 2,027 (6.Cool and 17 TDs to go with 65 catches for 894. Wonderlic of 12. Someone who is succeeding with his style is the guy in Arizona (David Johnson), said another scout. This kid has power and speed, and he is really a quality receiver. Hes the type of guy you can leave on the field in pretty much any situation. Will turn 21 on July 25, three years and a day from his life-altering night in Norman, Okla. Pass protection is an area he will need to continue working on, a third scout said. Its not from a lack of trying. Just technique. Hes a big, strong dude. He can do it. From Oakley, Calif.

Somebody is going to get themselves a player. I wouldn't mind it were us.

Kamara might be more realistic.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
We'll never take him, especially after the Josh Brown incident, but i'll just leave this here...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/draft/2017/04/19/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-running-back/100608826/

Quote:
4. JOE MIXON, Oklahoma (6-0 , 228, 4.47. 1-3): Third-year sophomore was suspended all of 2014 for punching a woman in the face. Hes my best back by far, said one scout. Hes Adrian Peterson who returns kicks. Great receiver, not a good receiver. He can line up wide or as a slot. Hes a bigger, better Ezekiel Elliott. He can do more. With classmate Samaje Perine having established himself, he and Mixon split time past two years. Finished with 300 carries for 2,027 (6.Cool and 17 TDs to go with 65 catches for 894. Wonderlic of 12. Someone who is succeeding with his style is the guy in Arizona (David Johnson), said another scout. This kid has power and speed, and he is really a quality receiver. Hes the type of guy you can leave on the field in pretty much any situation. Will turn 21 on July 25, three years and a day from his life-altering night in Norman, Okla. Pass protection is an area he will need to continue working on, a third scout said. Its not from a lack of trying. Just technique. Hes a big, strong dude. He can do it. From Oakley, Calif.

Somebody is going to get themselves a player. I wouldn't mind it were us.

Kamara might be more realistic.

At least he doesn't choke puppies

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an idiot at 18 years old. Mixon was an idiot with an excessive amount of strength and popularity. What grown men like Brown, Hardy and Rice did was much worse to me because at 18 years old you're still a kid IMO. Not excusing his behavior, but I don't think it should define him forever.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I was an idiot at 18 years old. Mixon was an idiot with an excessive amount of strength and popularity. What grown men like Brown, Hardy and Rice did was much worse to me because at 18 years old you're still a kid IMO. Not excusing his behavior, but I don't think it should define him forever.

Sounds like the excuse is "because he was young and young people are dumb".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

I feel like most 18 year olds are mature enough to not wallop petite women in the face, even if they get slapped. And he hasn't necessarily matured since then.

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

I did some really dumb, bad stuff when I was 18-19 and it didn't define me as a person. Looking back, I can't believe I did some of the stuff I did and would never do it now. Agree that it shouldn't define him as much as a grown man, but its still a concern. Engram + Mixon would be a stellar draft for Eli.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlinson, 3DT
Hall, DE/Base DT
Willis, DE
Bowser, OLB (Leonard Floyd)
Riley, ILB
Cunningham, WILL
Beckworth, ILB
Mack, RB
Cook, RB
Mixon, RB
Foreman, RB
Peterman, QB
Moton, OG
Elflein, OG

A lot of talent left for us to get.
Bowser + Riley would make our defense really scary. Hall could play DT on 3rd downs and is solid against run. Tomlinson would fill a void.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we get Malik McDowell...if he played next to Snacks and JPP then our defense will be a problem. McDowell stops the run and lives in the backfield, I think slipping to the second round will motivate him and I think Snacks, JPP, OV will keep this guy in line and motivated.

If No to McDowell then I hope Zach Cunningham falls to us
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I hope we get Malik McDowell...if he played next to Snacks and JPP then our defense will be a problem. McDowell stops the run and lives in the backfield, I think slipping to the second round will motivate him and I think Snacks, JPP, OV will keep this guy in line and motivated.

McDowell will dominate and then disappear. He could be an all-pro DT or he could be out of the league in 4 years. Worrisome for a team that has a closing window. His ceiling is high, but his floor is low.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like mcdowell. insanely inconsistent and hes really young.

and pertaining to mixon, i guarantee he sheds the league for the next 7-8 years and the assault stuff is a distant memory. Id take him in a heart beat.

just curious though would you guys rather foreman or kamara? I would toss cook in there but i doubt he is there.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it could be a bust but if he hits then we have the best DL we ever had in NYG history.

Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

McDowell will dominate and then disappear. He could be an all-pro DT or he could be out of the league in 4 years. Worrisome for a team that has a closing window. His ceiling is high, but his floor is low.
IbleedBLUE24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal take on Mixon, is who initiated the physical contact? Regardless of anything leading up to that point (i.e. claims of harrassment/racial slurs by both sides), simply put who made it physical first? You hit somebody in the face there is a possibility they are going to hit you back. Regardless of age/gender/race/size. Both were in the wrong, but you'll never convince some of that fact. She's the victim and he the abusive/out of control lunatic/womanizer/bully. Whoever takes him is getting a PR mess because fans (men and women alike) will hate them for taking a "woman beater." As for the Giants like many stated I doubt JR so much as thinks about him in the draft for that fact. Me? If he served his punishment and has been well behaved since you can't keep punishing him (without new evidence; the video was known beforehand just not publicly). That's double jeopardy and illegal itself. All comes down to your sense of his actual character. Was this a mistake or was this a revelation into who he is?
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Entirely possible Giants among those teams calling up for Kizer ...

Art Stapleton on the Packers 33rd pick
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: