You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills select Tre'Davious White

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Bills select Tre'Davious White Reply with quote

thoughts?

I was kinda mad we didn't go Foster, but nobody did.. maybe we get him today?

White seems like the kind of guy McDermott will like
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bills select Tre'Davious White Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
thoughts?

Very, very sexy pick:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tre%27davious-white?id=2557867

Tre'Trentwannabe called it! The Bills would trade down in the first. Not sure if he or anyone else expected them to drop as far as #27, with all their immediate needs, and take an under-6' cornerback lacking top-end speed, but hey, trust in Whaley! And the Pegulas.

Quote:
WEAKNESSES Finesse cornerback with relatively slender frame. Physicality and play strength a concern from slot. Big-bodied slot targets will post him up in space and drive him off the line in run game. Tackles when necessary, but doesn't seek out contact. Less technique-oriented and more grabby from slot. Finished career with just six interceptions despite extensive playing time. Early anchor from off coverage caused struggles opening hips when receivers would stem and go. Recovery-quick but not recovery-fast. Texas Tech speedster Jakeem Grant gave him all kinds of vertical work in 2015 Texas Bowl.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2
SOURCES TELL US "He's kind of soft, but he can cover. He's not really what our team looks for because we play so much sub packages and he would have to be a better tackler to be on the field that much. He's a fit for what some teams do though. Like I said, he can cover." -- Regional scout with NFC team

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/857952043570520064

Watch that video the Bills posted and tell me this kid isn't genuine and happy to be here. Love this pick now.

I wanted no part of Marshon Lattimore at 10 with his hamstring issues.

White seems to be an A+ character guy with a very good skill set. Very satisfied. Let's hope day 2 is just as good.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

Watch that video the Bills posted and tell me this kid isn't genuine and happy to be here. Love this pick now.

White seems to be an A+ character guy with a very good skill set. Very satisfied. Let's hope day 2 is just as good.

Marshon Lattimore was gonna be the pick of we didn't trade down. He is still a far superior prospect to White character or not. Considering we would've went CB regardless this trade will be a common discussion in this forum for next couple years whether White balls out or not
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Marshon Lattimore was gonna be the pick of we didn't trade down. He is still a far superior prospect to White character or not. Considering we would've went CB regardless this trade will be a common discussion in this forum for next couple years whether White balls out or not

And what we do with next years 1st rounder and this years 3rd rounder.

Sounds like the Bills are positioning themselves for next years draft to draft a QB. I expect them to trade both 1st rounder's + another pick to move up to 1-3 spots and draft one of the highly touted rookie QB's next year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

And what we do with next years 1st rounder and this years 3rd rounder.

Sounds like the Bills are positioning themselves for next years draft to draft a QB. I expect them to trade both 1st rounder's + another pick to move up to 1-3 spots and draft one of the highly touted rookie QB's next year.

Sam Darnold *drools*

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

I don't agree that he was the right pick for us... I don't want to get into that discussion today. I'm in a good mood cuz it's draft day again Laughing

Let's all be focused on the positives here. We got a good player, one with great character and a skill set we can definitely use in our secondary and gained a 1st round pick in the process.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills select Tre'Davious White Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
billzz wrote:
thoughts?

Very, very sexy pick:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tre%27davious-white?id=2557867

Tre'Trentwannabe called it! The Bills would trade down in the first. Not sure if he or anyone else expected them to drop as far as #27, with all their immediate needs, and take an under-6' cornerback lacking top-end speed, but hey, trust in Whaley! And the Pegulas.

Quote:
WEAKNESSES Finesse cornerback with relatively slender frame. Physicality and play strength a concern from slot. Big-bodied slot targets will post him up in space and drive him off the line in run game. Tackles when necessary, but doesn't seek out contact. Less technique-oriented and more grabby from slot. Finished career with just six interceptions despite extensive playing time. Early anchor from off coverage caused struggles opening hips when receivers would stem and go. Recovery-quick but not recovery-fast. Texas Tech speedster Jakeem Grant gave him all kinds of vertical work in 2015 Texas Bowl.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2
SOURCES TELL US "He's kind of soft, but he can cover. He's not really what our team looks for because we play so much sub packages and he would have to be a better tackler to be on the field that much. He's a fit for what some teams do though. Like I said, he can cover." -- Regional scout with NFC team

From my mock below...

Trade back: Swap 2017 #10 with Kansas City for 2017 #27, 91, 170, and 2018 2nd & 4th round picks. Yes, we lose value, but I wanted a trading partner who wouldn't say "No!", so that we had the ammo to move up next year. Kansas City has extra picks this year and can afford to lose this many picks. I'm planning on packaging picks and hunting for a franchise QB next year! Period.

#27 - CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State

Yibbyl wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
Just out of curiosity why is KC moving up and giving up that much? I would think Texans would be a team interested as they dont have a qb

Totally fair question. I figured since they were coming out ahead in value, KC could target any of the following needs:

LB Foster or possibly Reddick (though Riddick is less of a fit IMO)
QB Trubisky or Kizer or Watson or Mahomes
CB Marion Humphrey

Pays to be lucky! Wink

Not upset with the pick, but I wish the Raiders hadn't taken Conley. I really wanted him.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade back.

Was indifferent on the pick really. I really liked what I saw/heard/read about him today.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: