Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who trades up to 2.1 with the Packers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
One trade I thought of is Jacksonville from 2.3 up to 2.1 to get Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp. The Packers could move down only a few spots to make sure they get one of their guys and possibly trade down again if the board falls right, while Jacksonville can jump Seattle who desperately needs OL for what would likely be a reasonable cost.

Not just for Jacksonville but for OL in general. This is a weak/low depth OL draft and the league is hurting for quality OL in general. I can see teams trading up to grab one of the few guys left. Other than that, I don't see too many obvious "trade up to get him" guys left.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Joe Mixon and Alvin Kamara both had a 3-cone of a 7.10, so if Cook's 7.27 3-cone excludes him from interest because it's over the 7.00 3-cone benchmark, shouldn't that mean the Packers won't have interest in Mixon or Kamara, either?

Kamara is unlikely, I agree (but more likely than Cook since if they're going to budge on the threshold they'll budge a little more likely than a lot). However, they did have Mixon in the building, and they probably worked him out, and who knows what number they got on him there.

I mean, famously they drafted Clinton-Dix because the 40 time they had on him (from whatever source) was better than the "official combine time". When pressed on "Why did you take a safety that ran [whatever]" the response was "that's not the time we had."
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
ARI probably trades up, because NYJ and NO pick before them, and they are very much in the market for a QBOTF. But as Forge pointed out, they may not need to go all the way to 33 to jump those guys.

I'm not totally sure that the Packers want to trade back that far. Moving back 12 slots for a 4th round pick probably takes the Packers away from a tier they're currently looking at. So unless the Cardinals are offering an overwhelming package, i.e. Arizona 2nd & 3rd for Cleveland 2nd & 3rd, I just don't see that as a real package. I think San Diego is a far more likely trading partner.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
ARI probably trades up, because NYJ and NO pick before them, and they are very much in the market for a QBOTF. But as Forge pointed out, they may not need to go all the way to 33 to jump those guys.

I'm not totally sure that the Packers want to trade back that far. Moving back 12 slots for a 4th round pick probably takes the Packers away from a tier they're currently looking at. So unless the Cardinals are offering an overwhelming package, i.e. Arizona 2nd & 3rd for Cleveland 2nd & 3rd, I just don't see that as a real package. I think San Diego is a far more likely trading partner.

Yeah, it's more who is more likely to move up early Rd 2.

If I were to be pushed for 2.33, I could see LAC moving up to get Lamp. 2.38 definitely more appealing.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

Yep, and it's why I think the Cardinals trade with the Bears to get Webb. Makes a lot of sense - the bears can recoup some lost draft capital for the Trubs trade, and Green Bay and Seattle aren't likely to go quarterback unless they trade the pick away. Jacksonville poses a risk, but at the same time, I feel that either Lamp or Cam will be there for Jax, and I don't think that they pass that up.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Yeah, it's more who is more likely to move up early Rd 2.

If I were to be pushed for 2.33, I could see LAC moving up to get Lamp. 2.38 definitely more appealing.

San Diego seems like an obvious choice to move up. Move up a few slots, which is probably still in the range that TT is willing to select from his top remaining tier. IF the Jets like Kizer, they could make the move although lacking their natural 4th kind of puts a hamper in it.

EDIT: Jaguars could leapfrog the Seahawks to grab their OL of choice too.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Yep, and it's why I think the Cardinals trade with the Bears to get Webb. Makes a lot of sense - the bears can recoup some lost draft capital for the Trubs trade, and Green Bay and Seattle aren't likely to go quarterback unless they trade the pick away. Jacksonville poses a risk, but at the same time, I feel that either Lamp or Cam will be there for Jax, and I don't think that they pass that up.

For me, it's pretty straight forward. If Jacksonville wants their OL of choice, they need to jump Seattle and make sure Green Bay doesn't take them. Lamp has been linked to the Packers, and Seahawks have an obvious OL need so the Jaguars could be looking at a barren OL board when they pick. That goes for Jacksonville's motivation to move up IMO.

Then you've got the teams that could be in the market for a QB, namely San Diego, Buffalo, and Arizona. I think it was the Packers' forum where I said I was doubtful that the Bills are in on Kizer, mainly because if they loved him they would have taken him at 27 instead of Tre'Davious White. So you're realistically looking at San Diego and Arizona. Obviously, the Packers would prefer to trade down as little as possible assuming the offers are relatively similar which means Arizona would need to offer a superior package to San Diego.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I don't think LAC is going to think long-term, they will use picks for plug and play help or name-value guys. A few mocks have LAC going more plug-and-play types, saying they are trying to build a new fanbase, so they have to think shorter-term than most other teams, at least from a business perspective. As much as I disagree with the premise, I see how LAC could think that way.

Personally, building a winner is a better prop for me, but I do think there's merit to that viewpoint, at least from where the FO is at right now.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
FWIW, I don't think LAC is going to think long-term, they will use picks for plug and play help or name-value guys. A few mocks have LAC going more plug-and-play types, saying they are trying to build a new fanbase, so they have to think shorter-term than most other teams, at least from a business perspective. As much as I disagree with the premise, I see how LAC could think that way.

Personally, building a winner is a better prop for me, but I do think there's merit to that viewpoint, at least from where the FO is at right now.

Maybe so. Lamp was rumored to be linked to San Diego for a few weeks now, it wouldn't surprise me if he was their target.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

Maybe so. Lamp was rumored to be linked to San Diego for a few weeks now, it wouldn't surprise me if he was their target.

Part of why they could be the team to move up to 2.33. Worry about your 4th rounder being gone is a 2018+ concern, realistically. Lamp helps them right now, one of the few guys you can say that right now in Rd2.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Part of why they could be the team to move up to 2.33. Worry about your 4th rounder being gone is a 2018+ concern, realistically. Lamp helps them right now, one of the few guys you can say that right now in Rd2.

Absolutely. I speculated before the draft that I thought the Packers planned on moving up from the natural 2nd, although I felt they were a bit light in terms of ammunition to move up significantly. If they land the Chargers' natural 4th, pairing that with the Browns 4th could allow the Packers to move up into the mid-40's presumably to draft either a CB or pass rusher.

EDIT: Could even package their 3rd and two 4ths to move up in the latter portion of the 2nd round.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
typecast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers draft a QB and deal Hundley to the Browns.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rappaport says the Chargers, Jets and Bucs are calling about 2.33

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/858068751509590017
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:

Would guess Lamp if the Chargers get it

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

Would guess Lamp if the Chargers get it

I have no idea who we'd be targeting. We could realistically take any of

Budda Baker
Obi Melifonwu
Joe Mixon
Dalvin Cook
Jordan Willis

if we did manage to move up.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: