You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we pick at #33?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do we pick at #33?
Forrest Lamp G
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Cam Robinson OL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dalvin Cook RB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Quincy Wilson CB
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Kevin King CB
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Chidobe Awuzie CB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Juju Smith-Schuster WR
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Willis EDGE
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Joe Mixon RB
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Another player (post the name)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 69

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreman sounds like a great kid, and I really like the fit. If it isn't Mixon, that's who I want.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Kamara is a tier above Foreman/Hunt.
tfalkgopack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfalkgopack wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source

Buccs second rounder is too late

Is anyone super opposed to taking a trade that far back if it nets us a 1 next year?

This got paged. Is anyone opposed? Personally I'd love to trade down with a team like Tampa that could theoretically grab us a top-15 pick next year
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfalkgopack wrote:
tfalkgopack wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source

Buccs second rounder is too late

Is anyone super opposed to taking a trade that far back if it nets us a 1 next year?

This got paged. Is anyone opposed? Personally I'd love to trade down with a team like Tampa that could theoretically grab us a top-15 pick next year

Absolutely. Any team we don't think has playoff chances.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the Bucs 1st round next year for #33 straight up.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Can't believe I'm siding with TOT over Cwood here, but I am. Mixon's a punk. Been getting in trouble all his life.

Let me play devil's advocate for a second, if it wasn't for his prior incident would ANYONE be batting an eye about Mixon and the parking ticket incident? No. And I think saying otherwise is completely false. I don't think I've ever met anyone who felt like they deserved a parking ticket. The whole DV issue against Molitor is a giant red flag, but outside of that there's nothing to indicate this is a repetitive thing. Let's not forget that we have a former OU DL coach on the coaching staff AND we used one of our pre-draft visits on Mixon. If you invest that much into him, he's not off your board and if TT is comfortable taking him than I am too. He's got a LOT more resources available to him.

I've deserved many parking tickets in my life.

and I know this is nitpiking, but it wasn't domestic violence. [/b]

I once got a warning for speeding for going 66 in a 65. Cop was going 60-63 or so in the left lane so I passed him on the right and I think my dad gave him a loook. He pulled me over and gave me a warning. Let me sit there 15-20 minutes before coming back. He gave me the warning and I crumpled it up and my dad yells f___k you as he walks away. I can see how the parking think can happen. Maybe Mixon thought he was being harassed.

Question. How long does this kid have to pay for what he did? It's already been 3 years.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
The kid is 20 years old. Laughing

Heaven forbid we all get judged for what we did from 18-20 years of age. I'm sure y'all were spotless, fully mature and morally incorruptible.

I certainly don't have a spotless past but I also have never laid a hand on a woman much less punched one in the face. As a man, that is right up on top of the list of things you NEVER do.

Last edited by badgers0821 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donzo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:

Question. How long does this kid have to pay for what he did? It's already been 3 years.

Fair question.

The issue I have with is I don't see him as sincere. He's lied about the situation and played the victim card.

I'm over it now, I hope the Packers draft him.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
The kid is 20 years old. Laughing

Heaven forbid we all get judged for what we did from 18-20 years of age. I'm sure y'all were spotless, fully mature and morally incorruptible.

I certainly don't have a spotless past but I also have never laid a hand on a woman much less punched one in the face. As a man, that is right up on top of the list of thing you NEVER do.

Speaks to his emotional instability. Every man says they never would, some still do in the heat of the moment.
TheOnlyThing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Can't believe I'm siding with TOT over Cwood here, but I am. Mixon's a punk. Been getting in trouble all his life.

Let me play devil's advocate for a second,
if it wasn't for his prior incident would ANYONE be batting an eye about Mixon and the parking ticket incident? No. And I think saying otherwise is completely false. I don't think I've ever met anyone who felt like they deserved a parking ticket. The whole DV issue against Molitor is a giant red flag, but outside of that there's nothing to indicate this is a repetitive thing. Let's not forget that we have a former OU DL coach on the coaching staff AND we used one of our pre-draft visits on Mixon. If you invest that much into him, he's not off your board and if TT is comfortable taking him than I am too. He's got a LOT more resources available to him.

And I'll play Devil's Advocate for a second as well about the parking lot episode.

If you were a high-profile football recruit who punched out a female and got caught doing it on video and the video was so bad that that OU, yes OU, decided it needed some PR cover and thus "suspended" (read red-shirted) you for that "mistake" don't you think you'd work very hard on your impulse control and make sure you never did anything else that might cause concern about your "character?"

Here, the evidence shows Mixon felt entitled to rip up the parking ticket (stupid, but like aggravation over a ticket is no big deal) and then tossed it in the face of the female who wrote him the ticket -- that should set off alarm bells about poor Joe losing it when "stressed." Sorry, but Mixon can read as many statements from his handlers about how sorry he is and how he has learned from his brutal assault of that women, but his actions reveal otherwise.

Again, I am not even against the Pack selecting Mixon as he is eligible to play in the NFL and certainly not every player is a boy scout, but Packer fans pretending Mixon is anything other than a despicable POS in order to make themselves feel better about the team picking him is a joke.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never hit a woman. I'd hit a woman that was trying to hit me wit a bottle. That's different. That's self defense innit. Or a woman who could do karate.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Rapoport the Cardinals are also interested in our 2nd round pick.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not take any of the OU staff's word as anything worth using. They want him to get drafted high for recruiting purposes. They also don't know Mixon's personal life.

I'm sure there was no thought at all about redshirting him before the incident, either. They did the MINIMUM to keep him from transferring out. College coaches are some of the biggest snakes in the world.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegybomb wrote:
I'd never hit a woman. I'd hit a woman that was trying to hit me wit a bottle. That's different. That's self defense innit. Or a woman who could do karate.

I'd never hit a women who was trying to hit me with a bottle, as long as there was a way to, say, walk or run away...
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try to get this back into forum rules guys...

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: