Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we pick at #33?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do we pick at #33?
Forrest Lamp G
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Cam Robinson OL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dalvin Cook RB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Quincy Wilson CB
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Kevin King CB
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Chidobe Awuzie CB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Juju Smith-Schuster WR
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Willis EDGE
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Joe Mixon RB
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Another player (post the name)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 69

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
I'm not saying it will implode anything. I'm saying I think the media being angry with it means less to me than players in there wondering why the hell we're drafting a women puncher.

I think saying "Mixon is off the table because he punched a woman" but "Dalvin is A-OK even though he punched a woman" we're basically saying that "the only thing that matters is PR, because the former was on tape and the latter got covered up."

That is precisely what I have an issue with. If I'm going to have a bad egg as an RB, I'd like to at least have one who's copped to it.

I'm not saying that Cook thing though. So you're talking to someone else. I've said the Cook issues scare me more.

I feel ya on the last part.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocHambone wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Can't believe I'm siding with TOT over Cwood here, but I am. Mixon's a punk. Been getting in trouble all his life.

Let me play devil's advocate for a second, if it wasn't for his prior incident would ANYONE be batting an eye about Mixon and the parking ticket incident? No. And I think saying otherwise is completely false. I don't think I've ever met anyone who felt like they deserved a parking ticket. The whole DV issue against Molitor is a giant red flag, but outside of that there's nothing to indicate this is a repetitive thing. Let's not forget that we have a former OU DL coach on the coaching staff AND we used one of our pre-draft visits on Mixon. If you invest that much into him, he's not off your board and if TT is comfortable taking him than I am too. He's got a LOT more resources available to him.

I've deserved many parking tickets in my life.

and I know this is nitpiking, but it wasn't domestic violence. [/b]

It isn't. But everyone uses that term for dude's punching women now. I've thought about pointing it before and I'm like yeah, this is pointless lol. We know what they meant right? haha
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think saying "Mixon is off the table because he punched a woman" but "Dalvin is A-OK even though he punched a woman" we're basically saying that "the only thing that matters is PR, because the former was on tape and the latter got covered up."

That is precisely what I have an issue with. If I'm going to have a bad egg as an RB, I'd like to at least have one who's copped to it.

At the end of the day, as long as the player produces and keeps his nose clean NOBODY is going to bat an eye. Sure, Green Bay might get some PR backlash but at the end of the day nobody cares as long as he produces. For right or wrong, that's the way it is.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalvin punching a woman was disproven and laughed out of court in less than 30 minutes.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

At the end of the day, as long as the player produces and keeps his nose clean NOBODY is going to bat an eye. Sure, Green Bay might get some PR backlash but at the end of the day nobody cares as long as he produces. For right or wrong, that's the way it is.

Exactly. If balls out, it goes away, mostly.

Look at the Chiefs dude, for example. But most people weren't aware of that to start the year I think.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegybomb wrote:
Dalvin punching a woman was disproven and laughed out of court in less than 30 minutes.

I don't know the details there. But that's not the only concern.

I've heard some pretty scary stuff about the people he runs with.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the reports that Mixon no longer drinks and stopped attending college parties as well as the numerous reports from OU staff that they pounded the table for him when scouts asked lead me to be OK with the pick. I think he's shown enough to say he took what he did seriously and wants to move on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
What Mixon did doesn't bother me as much for his future as much as the media's coverage of it will bother me. And if you do draft the guy, and something happens, it can ruin a year.

Would the media take points away from our games?

Indirectly, yeah. There are tons of things these athletes have to deal with off the field that are affecting their play. Family issues, girls, friends, drugs. Do you think OBJ was more distracted by the trip on the boat or the media backlash from it? Did that media coverage affect other players? Sure. They had to deal with the questions too.

Additionally, there is a fair amount of people and players in this world who will dislike him no matter their personal experience because they don't understand how someone could assault someone else, particularly women. I know personally, if I see a co-worker being abusive I'll definitely say something to them. As individualized as society is at times, we all have to watch out for each other.

Look how divided players reportedly were about Crapernick, and all he did was take a knee during a song.

Sorry..the media doesn't change the outcomes of seasons here.

If he does "something" again he'll be cut. They'll be a period about that and you'll get past it.

Again. I'm way more scared of guys not wanting to play with him or for him that words in articles.

Let me put it another way. We'll just be direct.

Explain in.some detail how him having another incident would tank a season for us other than losing him as a player.

It CAN ruin it. Not guaranteeing it will. There will be players that will empathize with him, no matter what he does, that would be upset if we cut their teammate if the situation is at all cloudy. They will think the organization doesn't have their back. There will be teammates that then dislike other teammates for siding with or against him. You don't think San Francisco's chemistry wasn't hurt by Crapernick? We have a shot to win every year, and chemistry is what the best teams always say they had more of than everyone else. I'm all for giving people second chances, short of mass murderers and paedophiles, but I'm not going to invest serious resources in a player who has that history, because unfortunately, history is all we can go on to predict the future.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

I agree with that. He's definitely had the tougher life and fair or not that might actually be a bigger risk going forward.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the NFL tell NFL Network to not let any analysts rank Mixon?

lol
NormSizedMidget

Jaegybomb wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

I agree with that. He's definitely had the tougher life and fair or not that might actually be a bigger risk going forward.

Funny timing. NFLN just went "Cook is telling teams those people are NOT coming with him"
CWood21

Packerraymond wrote:
Yeah the reports that Mixon no longer drinks and stopped attending college parties as well as the numerous reports from OU staff that they pounded the table for him when scouts asked lead me to be OK with the pick. I think he's shown enough to say he took what he did seriously and wants to move on.

Very much this. There's enough there to indicate that he's on the board for the Packers.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
DocHambone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Can't believe I'm siding with TOT over Cwood here, but I am. Mixon's a punk. Been getting in trouble all his life.

Let me play devil's advocate for a second, if it wasn't for his prior incident would ANYONE be batting an eye about Mixon and the parking ticket incident? No. And I think saying otherwise is completely false. I don't think I've ever met anyone who felt like they deserved a parking ticket. The whole DV issue against Molitor is a giant red flag, but outside of that there's nothing to indicate this is a repetitive thing. Let's not forget that we have a former OU DL coach on the coaching staff AND we used one of our pre-draft visits on Mixon. If you invest that much into him, he's not off your board and if TT is comfortable taking him than I am too. He's got a LOT more resources available to him.

I've deserved many parking tickets in my life.

and I know this is nitpiking, but it wasn't domestic violence. [/b]

It isn't. But everyone uses that term for dude's punching women now. I've thought about pointing it before and I'm like yeah, this is pointless lol. We know what they meant right? haha

yeah but domestic assault tends to be habitual and repeated. It generally doesn't just happen once. An assault isnt habitual towards one victim.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

It CAN ruin it. Not guaranteeing it will. There will be players that will empathize with him, no matter what he does, that would be upset if we cut their teammate if the situation is at all cloudy. They will think the organization doesn't have their back. There will be teammates that then dislike other teammates for siding with or against him. You don't think San Francisco's chemistry wasn't hurt by Crapernick? We have a shot to win every year, and chemistry is what the best teams always say they had more of than everyone else. I'm all for giving people second chances, short of mass murderers and paedophiles, but I'm not going to invest serious resources in a player who has that history, because unfortunately, history is all we can go on to predict the future.

I was kind of gonna let this go, but I'll go once more.

A. I think it can, but I can become an NFL player too, theoretically. The odds are so low. He does something, BYE BYE, it will linger for a while, but the pain will be losing a player, losing a pick. Not the media poisoning a season. This isn't the NY media. And the national media isn't going to keep nailing you for a guy you cut.

Yes, I think that hurt SF. But.

A. They stunk.
B. It was a national story, everywhere, for weeks.
C. He wasn't released, because you couldn't cut him for that.
D. We'd cut Mixon. Not keep trotting him out there.
E. His stance was INSANELY polarizing which kept it brewing, there's nothing polarizing about hitting women.
F. His "antics" spread throughout the league. It was a huge major deal. It was way different than just you screwed up, bye bye you are cut.

Admitting that hurt them, doesn't mean I think Mixon screwing up again will hurt us. I don't think it runs parallel that well.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Mixon and sign Kaepernick as our backup to take the focus off him Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: