Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we pick at #33?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do we pick at #33?
Forrest Lamp G
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Cam Robinson OL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dalvin Cook RB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Quincy Wilson CB
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Kevin King CB
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Chidobe Awuzie CB
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Juju Smith-Schuster WR
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Willis EDGE
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Joe Mixon RB
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Another player (post the name)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 69

PackMan22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Who do we pick at #33? Reply with quote

We're in a unique position to have almost 24 hours on the clock here. Who do you think it will be? Another trade back wouldn't shock me, so long as we still ended up with a top 40 pick or got enough picks to easily move back up into that range.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Chili

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Mixon 100%. Clear BPA. A top 10 talent that fills a position of serious need.

I feel comfortable taking him there knowing that there are still plenty of CB & Edge rusher talent available for our second pick. Names such as K.King, Witherspoon, Wilson, Bowser and Willis. Maybe one of them will make it all the way down to our second pick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defo a trade back. He pretty much said that in the presser.

My prediction TT trades pick 33 with either Jax or LAR to jump Seattle to take Cam Robinson OT. Highest rated player left and position of need for those teams. In return the Packers get another pick at the top of the 4th (pick 110 or 112) which they package up their original 4th rounder (pick 134) to trade with the Raiders for pick 88 (24th in the third round). So TT will have 2 2nd, 2 3rds, a pick at the top of the 4th and 2 5th rounders.

With those picks we'll take a rb either Cook or Mixon in the second. If not then we'll take one in the 3rd or 4th like Perine Connor etc

Or anotehr senario edge guys like Bowser or Lawson in the second and a CB like Wilson, one of the Colorado boys, King, Moreau etc

I think we'll go guard for sure. Lamp if we really love him at the top of second or Dawkins or Asista later on.

Finally, the surprise pick they might go with is Cunningham at the top of the second. Not much ILB value later on, and could be a difference maker for us.
rytz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to expect. If I had to narrow it down to three possibilities at 33:

- Draft Joe Mixon. BPA by a mile.
- Draft their favourite of the leftover corners.
- Pick up a 2nd & 3rd and move down to the middle of the 2nd round.
svp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they draft Mixon. There is no reason for violence. That's why we have pro football.

rytz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
I doubt they draft Mixon. There is no reason for violence. That's why we have pro football.

I would probably agree if they hadn't brought him in for a visit. They're obviously interested on some level.
duxrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you go for the CB because they will go off the board quick and there will be RBs to be had later. I don't think Mixon/Cook/Foreman all go off before 61.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a glut of picks .. hold tight at #33 and take a difference maker like Joe Mixon. Then use some of the other picks to get into position to get a pass rusher or corner. Mixon puts our offense over the top .. chamionship level offense and a nightmare match-up for any defense in the league.
cooters22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
We don't need a glut of picks .. hold tight at #33 and take a difference maker like Joe Mixon. Then use some of the other picks to get into position to get a pass rusher or corner. Mixon puts our offense over the top .. chamionship level offense and a nightmare match-up for any defense in the league.

I gotta actually really agree with you. We just signed a stopgauge Guard 2 days ago, no need to get a Guard this year. Next year we are going to have probably 11 picks. Let's just grab Joe Mixon, who is going to be a difference maker on his side of the ball. Then let's start bringing in some speed for our defense. We need quality I think at this point and time instead of quantity. I'd love to grab Joe now and heck use the extra pick we just got and try to trade up into the 2nd round and get a edge rusher or sit back and grab a corner.
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lamp is out at 33 because of what vet we just signed. We'll address Guard later. Otherwise Lamp would be on the list.

Of equal value or more is certainly RB Mixon. I know a lot of people here do not like Cook, but NFL teams see the productivity and value. Mixon over Cook though clearly in my book. I really think that's it on offense for possibilities.

On defense two stand out to me. Jordan Willis is my pick. Kevin King is still there too. But there are many others, and obviously NFL boards differ greatly from mocks. Seems like especially this year.
Bowser, Cunningham, Awuzie, Lawson are all names that carry weight. Everybody wants an edge and justifiably so, but I also do not like our situation in the middle. Foster is gone. Where is Raekwon McMillan going to go? Likely not 33, but how about later in this round?
HUDSONandGRUDEN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% chance they trade back.

2% Mixon
5% OL
13% best defensive player on their board
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
I think Lamp is out at 33 because of what vet we just signed. We'll address Guard later. Otherwise Lamp would be on the list.

Of equal value or more is certainly RB Mixon. I know a lot of people here do not like Cook, but NFL teams see the productivity and value. Mixon over Cook though clearly in my book. I really think that's it on offense for possibilities.

On defense two stand out to me. Jordan Willis is my pick. Kevin King is still there too. But there are many others, and obviously NFL boards differ greatly from mocks. Seems like especially this year.
Bowser, Cunningham, Awuzie, Lawson are all names that carry weight. Everybody wants an edge and justifiably so, but I also do not like our situation in the middle. Foster is gone. Where is Raekwon McMillan going to go? Likely not 33, but how about later in this round?

I'd go Mixon, Willis, or King at pick #33 .. in that order. Willis is the guy I thought the Packers would take at #29. When they passed up taking him or Watt I thought they might be setting up the selection of Mixon in round two. I think Mixon is a real sure fire 1st round talent .. the other two .. not so much. The only reason Mixon is a around is because of an ugly incident that happened a few years ago. The need and value now match up.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:

Good luck getting a day one starter outside of King, though especially with all the CB-needy teams. And our CB situation is atrocious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade the Pick to the Jets, let them get Cook to compliment their offense, and in return, pick up #39 + S.Richardson. He's going to be a cap casualty, they've filled his position in last years draft, and it give the packers the ability to pick up Mixon at 39, come back around with Sidney Jones or F. Moreau at #61. Just my thoughts. Plus, we have the cap space to acquire Richardson and he fills a major need. Also, he's play OLB in the past (Elephant role=D.Ware), which could move Matthews inside... in my eyes.. best scenario there is.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they trade back and still have an opportunity to take Mixon if they want.

Nobody in the top 7 picks really needs a RB so they should all still be there unless someone trades up to take a RB. Seeing how deep the RB pool is this year I don't think that is something that will happen.

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: