Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders Defense v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Rob

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Gotta love captain hindsight Rolling Eyes also, I'd rather have Joseph and Cooper, thanks though.

lol, don't take this wrong. i love cooper and joseph picks

i just wish the players would actually contribute to the field, i'm looking at ward

and

calhoun he's more of a pass rusher DE/OLB, not coverage where i saw him dropping back and drop a interception against the texans, it was a easy pick 6 i've ever seen

let face it, those players contribute nothing on the field last year

IF they contribute nothing this year then yes, both of them is a complete bust

You wish the players would actually contribute ? that's a crazy thought. Ward can't be any worse than last year he doesn't have to do much to be better. Lowest of low bars to clear.

you guys act like it doesn't take time to develop. We should just draft all day 1 starters next time. its that easy.

I'm just pointing out he wasn't good last year I understand he wasn't supposed to get that many snaps. Some here do seem to expect pro bowlers right out the gate.

Ward was bad, real bad. And yes, he was thrown in the fire. We have to be patient though. Not everyone is going to light it up year 1 or even 2. BUt its called draft and develop for a reason. Nnamdi, was terrible his first 2-3 years, terrible. Dude turned it around and was a perennial All Pro player. We have to give these guys time, also, its up to the staff to develop.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't dislike the Ward pick because of the player as much on guys we passed him for. In particular, I would have loved A'Shawn Robinson at that pick. He's an absolute bull of a man and can completely dominate in the run game and push the pocket.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
HookEm

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
another thing to add, let play what if moment

- karl joseph/keanu neal
- deion jones
- javon hargrave

- reuben foster or obi melifonwu if conley was off the board
- obi melifonwu or zach cunningham
- eddie vanderdoes/montravius adams

would you feel better if those players on our team? lol

that's 6 players out of 11 on the field

or we could have draft leonard williams instead cooper in 2015, i doubt we would be drafting all the defensive linemen in 2nd and 3rd round

mack and williams would be [inappropriate/removed] insane Shocked

maybe we will have a shot when he become a free agent in 2 years or 3

We should hire you to be our GM.
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HookEm wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

- karl joseph/keanu neal
- deion jones
- javon hargrave

or we could have draft leonard williams instead cooper in 2015, i doubt we would be drafting all the defensive linemen in 2nd and 3rd round

jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Gotta love captain hindsight Rolling Eyes also, I'd rather have Joseph and Cooper, thanks though.

i just wish the players would actually contribute to the field, i'm looking at ward

and

calhoun he's more of a pass rusher DE/OLB, not coverage where i saw him dropping back and drop a interception against the texans, it was a easy pick 6 i've ever seen

You wish the players would actually contribute ? that's a crazy thought. Ward can't be any worse than last year he doesn't have to do much to be better. Lowest of low bars to clear.

you guys act like it doesn't take time to develop. We should just draft all day 1 starters next time. its that easy.

I'm just pointing out he wasn't good last year I understand he wasn't supposed to get that many snaps. Some here do seem to expect pro bowlers right out the gate.

Ward was bad, real bad. And yes, he was thrown in the fire. We have to be patient though. Not everyone is going to light it up year 1 or even 2. BUt its called draft and develop for a reason. Nnamdi, was terrible his first 2-3 years, terrible. Dude turned it around and was a perennial All Pro player. We have to give these guys time, also, its up to the staff to develop.

the point is it was a 2nd round pick, we expect 2nd rounder a good starter and contribute to the team off the start.

edwards, carr, melifonwu is a good pick for 2nd round, they all play college for 4 years

watson, ward is not a good pick since both a project and very little experience playing football in college
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long mario edwards is healthy and better coaching scheme, we will see at least top 16 unlike top 30 defense lol
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

and

I do not expect pro bowlers right out of the gate but 2nd rounders should be capable of playing at a decent level. I understand drafting a project here and there but 2nd round projects need to have ridiculous ceilings. Obi is a great example of a player that might have a little bit lower floor but his ceiling is far higher than anyone else in the 2nd. We knew Ward was a project but had some untapped potential but not enough to warrant a 2nd round pick. Once again you can say someone else was going to take him soon but just because someone else is going to reach does not mean you should. Also the other argument is that a few people in here were wanting us to draft players at the time of the pick that were day one starters or started part way through the year. Not saying RM is a bad GM just that some of us got last years 2nd round correct at this point and RM reached.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

and

I do not expect pro bowlers right out of the gate but 2nd rounders should be capable of playing at a decent level. I understand drafting a project here and there but 2nd round projects need to have ridiculous ceilings. Obi is a great example of a player that might have a little bit lower floor but his ceiling is far higher than anyone else in the 2nd. We knew Ward was a project but had some untapped potential but not enough to warrant a 2nd round pick. Once again you can say someone else was going to take him soon but just because someone else is going to reach does not mean you should. Also the other argument is that a few people in here were wanting us to draft players at the time of the pick that were day one starters or started part way through the year. Not saying RM is a bad GM just that some of us got last years 2nd round correct at this point and RM reached.

According to you his ceiling his doesn't warrant the range he was picked in. But according to Reggie and the staff he does. I'll trust Reggie. And saying you got a pick "correct" after one year is laughable, especially when none of the guys taken after produced like world beaters or any anything in the one year.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
HookEm wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

- karl joseph/keanu neal
- deion jones
- javon hargrave

That's EA's job, oops I mean DC4life's job.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

and

the point is it was a 2nd round pick, we expect 2nd rounder a good starter and contribute to the team off the start.

edwards, carr, melifonwu is a good pick for 2nd round, they all play college for 4 years

watson, ward is not a good pick since both a project and very little experience playing football in college
You calling Obi a good pick now, but a soon as he don't live up to expectations by mid season you be calling him a bust with a long list of who you think we should have taken.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

and

Honestly teams can barely get 1st rounders to play at a decent level year 1.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

and

According to you his ceiling his doesn't warrant the range he was picked in. But according to Reggie and the staff he does. I'll trust Reggie. And saying you got a pick "correct" after one year is laughable, especially when none of the guys taken after produced like world beaters or any anything in the one year.
Exactly, none of those big named Alabama linemen did much, then people see a TE who went later tearing it up and say "Oh we needed to dump Walford, we should have picked so and so". But was banging the table for a DL on draft day. Just saying!
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Gotta love captain hindsight :roll: also, I'd rather have Joseph and Cooper, thanks though.

and

Honestly teams can barely get 1st rounders to play at a decent level year 1.

We get way too polarized trying to be right when it comes to evaluations on this forum. He's played one season, it's not fair to call him a bust. At the same time it's fair to say he was underwhelming, even though I agree that 1st round picks often struggle as rookies too. Theres always expectations at any job even when you're still in training and nobody gets a total free pass. For ward the expectations should have been tempered rightfully so, but even with that he didn't meet expectations.

I'm maintaining the position that he absolutely should not be written off after one season. But I can also say he was disappointing as a rookie. He was a high draft pick and while I didn't expect him to set the league on fire, I expected more impact and maybe a few splash plays. Pretty much the same thing as MEJ. By no means was mej a monster as a rookie, but you noticed him on the field.

He needs to be better next year, but we should relax and at least wait and see how this year goes before we start with the torch/pitchfork thing.
Synyster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I didn't dislike the Ward pick because of the player as much on guys we passed him for. In particular, I would have loved A'Shawn Robinson at that pick. He's an absolute bull of a man and can completely dominate in the run game and push the pocket.

I thought he was a raw tweener type heading into the NFL with an uphill battle ahead of him. A round later I'd be okay with it though.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I thought he was a raw tweener type heading into the NFL with an uphill battle ahead of him. A round later I'd be okay with it though.

This is exactly my point. I was happy drafting Ward but not in the second round. I am not calling him a bust either. There were players who outplayed him year one so they look like they were better choices to date. I do understand that some players take longer then others. Nobody expected Ward to be a world beater year one or even believed that he had a chance to beat out the players ahead of him without injuries of course. My 2nd round pick should be able to compete for a starting job or a rotational role year one. Not that they will perform but you should go into camp believing they have a shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: