You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders Defense v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Blurb today from Gutierrez' observations:

Quote:
Surprise of camp today: TJ Carrie replacing Sean Smith at first-team cornerback. And even when the Raiders went into a nickel defense, Carrie remained on the outside and undrafted rookie Breon Borders came into the slot, with Smith, who received a 4-year, $38 million contract last season, remaining an observer.


Sean smith is our 4th best corner imo. Might even be lower depending how Obi can cover. And how these young players have progressed.
_________________
STOP THE VIOLANCE. FREE EricAllen21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Blurb today from Gutierrez' observations:

Quote:
Surprise of camp today: TJ Carrie replacing Sean Smith at first-team cornerback. And even when the Raiders went into a nickel defense, Carrie remained on the outside and undrafted rookie Breon Borders came into the slot, with Smith, who received a 4-year, $38 million contract last season, remaining an observer.


Sean smith is our 4th best corner imo. Might even be lower depending how Obi can cover. And how these young players have progressed.
oh come on!
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Blurb today from Gutierrez' observations:

Quote:
Surprise of camp today: TJ Carrie replacing Sean Smith at first-team cornerback. And even when the Raiders went into a nickel defense, Carrie remained on the outside and undrafted rookie Breon Borders came into the slot, with Smith, who received a 4-year, $38 million contract last season, remaining an observer.


Sean smith is our 4th best corner imo. Might even be lower depending how Obi can cover. And how these young players have progressed.
oh come on!


1) Amerson I guess
2) Conley (I know he hasn't taken a nfl snap, but I'll take him over smith off his Ohio St resume
3) Tj Carrie- I definitely will take Carrie over smith in a heartbeat.
4) Smith
5) Obi
6) dexter McDonald

That's my current projection off what I know.
_________________
STOP THE VIOLANCE. FREE EricAllen21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BABYLON 5


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 429
Location: GARDEN STATE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching Vanderdoes closely today and Gabe Jackson is not taking his lunch money. That’s pretty good for a rookie

Edwards Jr.: Eddie Vanderdoes is "a hell of a player. He’s really strong, has good hands. He is going to make some noise this year.”

Eddie Vanderdoes gets a sack of Carr from the interior. Rookie third round pick has had a good day.

I know its just camp but it looks like Vanderdoes is turning heads in camp.Hearing a lot of good things about him hope he is a steal
_________________
THE MIGHTY OAKLAND RAIIIIDERRRRS

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BABYLON 5


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 429
Location: GARDEN STATE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr said “everytime I watch the film, (rookie CB) Borders is making plays.” #supersleeper

https://youtu.be/lS3DyFd23W4

Never heard of him till today 6"0 189 lbs out of duke he was undafted.Just watch his highlight reel and liked it a lot.I understand that's what a highlights do make you look good but it seems like Carr was impress by him.Any of my Raider brothers heard of him or know more about him
_________________
THE MIGHTY OAKLAND RAIIIIDERRRRS

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 12503
Location: Lehigh Valley
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenneth Durden had an impressive pre season last year as well and made the practice squad. Right competition this year at corner
_________________
R A I D E R S | 7 6 E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1998
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Seems pretty clear they didn't like the depth they had on the edge getting after the QB. We've added IK, Johnson and Sheldon within the last week.


I think they're all pretty much long shots....... hopefully we'll be surprised with one of these guys (you never know) but at the moment I can't see them unseating Calhoun or Cowser at backup edge rusher or competing for playing time but maybe they can hang around and provide some STs or something - we seem to have an awful lot of LBs in camp............around 14 by my count


I agree they are long shots IF everyone stays healthy and active. But having camp bodies, competition and young guys you can stash is just as important and that is what we lacked and why these guys were signed IMO.


Very good point. If we stay healthy!
_________________
"The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win."
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sundancejoe


Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 4006
Location: Asheville, NC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
Carr said “everytime I watch the film, (rookie CB) Borders is making plays.” #supersleeper

https://youtu.be/lS3DyFd23W4

Never heard of him till today 6"0 189 lbs out of duke he was undafted.Just watch his highlight reel and liked it a lot.I understand that's what a highlights do make you look good but it seems like Carr was impress by him.Any of my Raider brothers heard of him or know more about him


A good buddy lives in Durham and goes to all the Duke games. He was shocked he went undrafted. Ball hawk is the word most used to describe him. Could be a steal for nickel duties. I'm starting to think Smith could be on his way out if he doesn't start showing better in camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BABYLON 5


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 429
Location: GARDEN STATE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Carr said “everytime I watch the film, (rookie CB) Borders is making plays.” #supersleeper

https://youtu.be/lS3DyFd23W4

Never heard of him till today 6"0 189 lbs out of duke he was undafted.Just watch his highlight reel and liked it a lot.I understand that's what a highlights do make you look good but it seems like Carr was impress by him.Any of my Raider brothers heard of him or know more about him


A good buddy lives in Durham and goes to all the Duke games. He was shocked he went undrafted. Ball hawk is the word most used to describe him. Could be a steal for nickel duties. I'm starting to think Smith could be on his way out if he doesn't start showing better in camp.


Thank you for the info first thing came to mind is ball hawk
_________________
THE MIGHTY OAKLAND RAIIIIDERRRRS

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
A good buddy lives in Durham and goes to all the Duke games. He was shocked he went undrafted. Ball hawk is the word most used to describe him. Could be a steal for nickel duties. I'm starting to think Smith could be on his way out if he doesn't start showing better in camp.

Unless the Raiders can find a trade partner for Smith, I pretty much think they're stuck with him this season. Team is on the hook for nearly $10 million if he gets cut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
sundancejoe wrote:
A good buddy lives in Durham and goes to all the Duke games. He was shocked he went undrafted. Ball hawk is the word most used to describe him. Could be a steal for nickel duties. I'm starting to think Smith could be on his way out if he doesn't start showing better in camp.

Unless the Raiders can find a trade partner for Smith, I pretty much think they're stuck with him this season. Team is on the hook for nearly $10 million if he gets cut.


Yes, in that case. That doesn't seem like. Smart move to let him walk.
He still has a lot of value against big bodied somewhat slower WRs such as Mike Williams, Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey who we face this year.
I never really care for the pick up. I felt he was on the backend of his career as we acquired him and his deficiencies were masked by a great defense in KC, but began to become more apparent his last season with the chiefs.
_________________
STOP THE VIOLANCE. FREE EricAllen21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HookEm


Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Posts: 255
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
I know its just camp but it looks like Vanderdoes is turning heads in camp.Hearing a lot of good things about him hope he is a steal


He might end up being one of the steals from this years draft class. He came into UCLA as a top ten recruit and during his freshman season he looked like a guy that would eventually be a first round pick. He got hurt as a sophomore and missed the entire season and then came back his junior season out of shape.

From all accounts though he is at a lean 305 pounds right now and I've read that he has looked very, very good in camp.

Crazy to think we may have gotten three players with first round talent in Conley, Obi, and Eddie with our first three picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 6480
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Sean Smith fell of hard. He was so good with KC and came here and it just isn't working out. Honestly might be time to move on from him. I would be surprised if he makes the final cut.
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Blurb today from Gutierrez' observations:

Quote:
Surprise of camp today: TJ Carrie replacing Sean Smith at first-team cornerback. And even when the Raiders went into a nickel defense, Carrie remained on the outside and undrafted rookie Breon Borders came into the slot, with Smith, who received a 4-year, $38 million contract last season, remaining an observer.


Sean smith is our 4th best corner imo. Might even be lower depending how Obi can cover. And how these young players have progressed.
oh come on!


1) Amerson I guess
2) Conley (I know he hasn't taken a nfl snap, but I'll take him over smith off his Ohio St resume
3) Tj Carrie- I definitely will take Carrie over smith in a heartbeat.
4) Smith
5) Obi
6) dexter McDonald

That's my current projection off what I know.
When it's all said and done you could be right, I just meant it's kind of early to call and should let it play out.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Man Sean Smith fell of hard. He was so good with KC and came here and it just isn't working out. Honestly might be time to move on from him. I would be surprised if he makes the final cut.


Was waiting for the first hot take on this subject.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group