Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current Base Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Where's Anderson in that list, Woz?

Also, yes, big mistake to release Daniels IMO. I just re-watched the Panthers game from last year, and literally every game-sealing run they had came from Spaight whiffing on a tackle or an assignment. He was beyond terrible. I really think Daniels was the better player. And I know he was the better run defender.

Never seen Spaight do something like this:

Is that Dorian Johnson the Pitt OG that he tossed like a rag doll? Laughing JK.

I wish we would have kept him. I don't know why we'd cut a guy who can play solid run defneee and could challenge for a roster spot.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Technically, he's not on the roster yet as he hasn't signed a contract. I was basing my list on what was available via redskins.com so that's why he isn't listed.

To be fair, I might slot him in the "Unsure/Undetermined" list as I don't know if they plan to move him inside or keep him outside.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Also, yes, big mistake to release Daniels IMO. I just re-watched the Panthers game from last year, and literally every game-sealing run they had came from Spaight whiffing on a tackle or an assignment. He was beyond terrible. I really think Daniels was the better player. And I know he was the better run defender.

Not unless the Pittsburgh Panthers replaced the "Pitt" logo on the side of their helmets for a Florida State Seminole tomahawk.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Not unless the Pittsburgh Panthers replaced the "Pitt" logo on the side of their helmets for a Florida State Seminole tomahawk.
Oops, I got confused on the panthers. I thought Httr was saying Pitt Panthers, he was talking about Spaight when he was talking about the Panthers and he was talking about Carolina.

To me, Spaight was kept because he's shown some development, he knows the defense, he's more versatile and he's not coming off a torn labrum.

The better question to me is, was Daniels cut because they are worried about his shoulder?

It's pretty clear to me they must like some of the young guys they picked us in FA and as UDFA's as much as Daniels and those guys aren't coming off major shoulder surgery.

Guys like:

Chris Carter
Zach Vigil
Kahiri Fortt
Pete Robertson - http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/02/14/2016-draft-prospects-pete-robertson-lb-texas-tech

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
To me, Spaight was kept because he's shown some development, he knows the defense, he's more versatile and he's not coming off a torn labrum.

The better question to me is, was Daniels cut because they are worried about his shoulder?

Unless his arm is completely detached from his shoulder, seems kind of extreme to cut a guy before his second training camp just because of an injury. It had been a year and he was probably well on his way to rehab.

Quote:
It's pretty clear to me they must like some of the young guys they picked us in FA and as UDFA's as much as Daniels and those guys aren't coming off major shoulder surgery.

Guys like:

Chris Carter
Zach Vigil
Kahiri Fortt
Pete Robertson - http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/02/14/2016-draft-prospects-pete-robertson-lb-texas-tech

I guess ... though I am curious:
Arrow Was there really that much in Carter's tape across 6 years and 5 teams (Indy twice), when he only racked up 37 total tackles (23 solo) in 62 games (4 starts)? Did they really say "6 year vet with a handful of tackles is a better option than our 7th round draft pick from last year that we didn't even get a chance to work with?"
Arrow Likewise with Zach Vigil, did they REALLY see something in the two plus weeks they had with him after they got him off waivers in late December? Vigil is also listed as an OLB on NFL.com
Arrow Robertson was signed on January 6, 2017 (I assume to a futures contract, but I don't see a marker in the transactions page saying that). That means they've got no idea what they have in him.
Arrow They must not have liked Fortt that much, since he's no longer on the roster.

Per redskins.com today:

Inside
Code:
96     Bates, Houston           LB     6-3     252    26    3     Louisiana Tech
53     Brown, Zach              LB     6-1     248    27    6     North Carolina
51     Compton, Will            LB     6-1     238    27    4     Nebraska
54     Foster, Mason            LB     6-1     250    28    7     Washington
50     Spaight, Martrell        LB     6-0     238    23    3     Arkansas
59     Vigil, Zach              LB     6-2     240    26    3     Utah State

Outside
Code:
55     Carter, Chris            LB     6-1     245    28    7     Fresno State
58     Galette, Junior          LB     6-2     260    29    7     Stillman
91     Kerrigan, Ryan           LB     6-4     265    28    7     Purdue
93     Murphy, Trent            LB     6-5     290    26    4     Stanford
94     Smith, Preston           LB     6-5     268    24    3     Mississippi State

Unsure/Undetermined
Code:
52     Anderson, Ryan           LB     6-2     253    22    R     Alabama
40     Harvey-Clemons, Josh     LB     6-4     217    23    R     Louisville             <<<<<<<<<
46     Marley, Nico             LB     5-8     200          R     Tulane
45     Robertson, Pete          LB     6-2     233    24    1     Texas Tech
48     Trail, Lynden            LB     6-7     270    26    1     Norfolk State

Interesting. JHC is listed as a linebacker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: