You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current Base Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
We're not going defense 3 rounds in a row. I can pretty much guarantee one of the next two picks will be offense.

Kinda seems like an odd thing to guarantee.

The mid-round talent in this draft is pretty heavily on the defensive side of the ball, and our remaining needs on defense (FS, pass-rusher, ILB, NT, another DE) seem to be at least as pressing as our needs on offense (RB, LG/C, WR, developmental TE). Not to mention that last year we ranked 3rd in yards gained and 28th in yards allowed.

If the best guy on the board when we pick is an offensive player, I'm cool with it. Particularly if it's a 3-down back or a plug and play guy who can push Lauvao at LG from day one. But I don't think I'd be remotely inclined to force a pick on offense just for the sake of balance. If, just for example, they got a true centerfielder at FS and an explosive situational pass-rusher today, I'd be overjoyed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
We're not going defense 3 rounds in a row. I can pretty much guarantee one of the next two picks will be offense.

The mid-round talent in this draft is pretty heavily on the defensive side of the ball, and our remaining needs on defense (FS, pass-rusher, ILB, NT, another DE) seem to be at least as pressing as our needs on offense (RB, LG/C, WR, developmental TE). Not to mention that last year we ranked 3rd in yards gained and 28th in yards allowed.

If the best guy on the board when we pick is an offensive player, I'm cool with it. Particularly if it's a 3-down back or a plug and play guy who can push Lauvao at LG from day one. But I don't think I'd be remotely inclined to force a pick on offense just for the sake of balance. If, just for example, they got a true centerfielder at FS and an explosive situational pass-rusher today, I'd be overjoyed.

I say it based on Bruce Allen's draft history.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Why not?

Say, Kevin King in the 2nd and maybe a guy like Duke Riley in the 3rd?
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
e16bball wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

And that's fair, but it could still break defensively in the draft. I wouldn't necessarily bet on it happening, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Actually, I would be more surprised if we went two offensive players like you suggest than two more defensive players. Again, not flabbergasted, but definitely would not expect it.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
e16bball wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

And that's fair, but it could still break defensively in the draft. I wouldn't necessarily bet on it happening, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Actually, I would be more surprised if we went two offensive players like you suggest
than two more defensive players. Again, not flabbergasted, but definitely would not expect it.

No, I'm basically guaranteeing it will be at least one offensive player in the next two picks. But I would bet it would be one on defense and one on offense rather than two on offense.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
e16bball wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Actually, I would be more surprised if we went two offensive players like you suggest
than two more defensive players. Again, not flabbergasted, but definitely would not expect it.

No, I'm basically guaranteeing it will be at least one offensive player in the next two picks. But I would bet it would be one on defense and one on offense rather than two on offense.

And I would agree with that. I could see a RB (rather not Mixon, but would be fine with Cook should he fall or Kamara), or an interior lineman here in the second. A wide receiver or a tight end would be more dark horses with the TE being the more likely of the two, I feel.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Huge upgrade on every level compared to last year.

Agreed. And lets not forget the backups we have, Murphy for example is out for 4 games but after that real nice backup to Smith, the we have Gallett who the hell knows where he is at in terms of performance, we could be in a surprise. Also the "Greek" Iaonnidis I think he improves nicely this year from his rookie year, the guy is a hard worker. So if that happens all of a sudden this DL probably goes from 28th last year to mid 15. That would be a huge jump for us.
Agreed, and on top of that we have Anthony Lanier, Hood, Phil Taylor, Compton, Spaight, Fuller, Dunbar, and Everett.

I think McClain and McGee are being extremely underrated by this fan base, especially as run defenders. People need to watch what they did last year and not just look at stats.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Exactly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Can't forget about Trent Murphy ped or not he could slide in as a starter at one point .

I think our DL is underrated tbh McClain McGee where there separate teams best players .
No they were not. McGee played for the Raiders, who literally had the DPOY on their roster. McClain was a solid role player who we paid to be a starter.
They were their team's best interior DL last year though and they would have started on our DL last year if they were on our team. To me, that means they're upgrades.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I was wrong and I LOVE IT! Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Galdi said that last year the Raiders run defense was a yard per carry better when Stacey McGee was on the field vs when he wasn't.

I believe Al said when McGee was on the field the Raiders defense gave up 3.8 ypc but when he wasn't on the field they gave up 4.8 ypc but I couldn't hear him exactly because it was AM and I was going through the mountains around Cumberland, MD on my way to my cousins wedding in Ohio.

My prediction for the Redskins defensive depth chart is:

ROLB: Galette, Smith
RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Taylor, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood
LOLB: Kerrigan, Anderson (Murphy starts suspended)

RILB: Brown, Compton
LILB: Foster, Spaight

RCB: Breeland, Hall, Dunbar
LCB: Norman, Fuller
SS: Cravens, Nicholson, Clemons
FS: Swearinger, Blackmon

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri May 05, 2017 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Al Galdi said that last year the Raiders run defense was a yard per carry better when Stacey McGee was on the field vs when he wasn't.

I believe Al said when McGee was on the field the Raiders defense gave up 3.8 ypc but when he wasn't on the field they gave up 4.8 ypc but I couldn't hear him exactly because it was AM and I was going through the mountains around Cumberland, MD on my way to my cousins wedding in Ohio.

You got Fabian on the PUP?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

No question Fabian starts on the PUP, after what happened with Dockson last year they will not risk it, unless he is 100% healthy and has had several practices.

Man I tell you on paper this D looks real nice.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yes, if he plays at all this year. He tore his Pec. Generally that keeps guy's out at least 6 months.

I'm not sure who to cut when Murphy comes back, probably one of the rookie SS's and hopefully no one picks them up of waivers so we could put them on the practice squad.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

No question Fabian starts on the PUP, after what happened with Dockson last year they will not risk it, unless he is 100% healthy and has had several practices.

Man I tell you on paper this D looks real nice.
Definitely an upgrade over the last two years. We are younger, faster and hopefully more sound in our assignments and at tackling.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: