Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round Two and Three Discussion (NO SPOILERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Osweiler starts. He has all physical tools, and experience, and looked good in Denver before a disaster of a season with the anti QB whisperer.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Desmond King, Kazee, Eddie Jackson, Reshawn Jenkins, tedric Thompson, are all guys I really like

Tedric Thompson, Kazee, and King are more than just fillers and could really develop into big time players. They'll all be gone early 4th in my mind.

Tedric Thompson is the guy.

Agree with everyone except Eddie Jackson...tremendous leader. Has zero range and eyes to play the deep third...he is a Strong safety with tight hips that got Alabama hyped due to the talent around him. He had the ball funneled to him. We need a FS.

Big Boarding the day 3 list:

Best players available. In my mind, the only FS with Starter upside left is Tedric Thompson. Orion Stewart is more of a SS, but I like him so much that we could give him a try at FS.

12. George Kittle TE
14. Tedric Thompson FS
16. Damontae Kazee CB
17. Desmond King CB
18. Orion Stewart S
20. Dwayne Thomas CB
21. Phazahn Odom TE
22. Rayshawn Jenkins FS
23. Malachi Dupre WR
24. Kai Nacua FS
24b. Jordan Legget TE
25. Bucky Hodges TE
26. Cole Hikutini TE
27. Taylor Mcnamara TE

I'd trade up into the 4th to take Tedric Thompson or Kazee.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontae Kazee, Desmond King and Ryan Switzer will do.
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree I'd be pretty worried if we don't get Cedric Thompson

I do like Fish Smithson

But if they can get Thompson or make a play for a pro safety like the next Jamar Taylor that would help a lot

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malachi Dupree or King are the best players available, IMO.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so excited about what we have done in the draft so far. Kizer, despite whatever any individual's opinion was on him, was right up there all pre-draft season long as one of the top QB prospects in this class. To get him in the end of round 2, rather than spending a first round pick on him as other teams did, is amazing to me. Larry Ogunjobi is going to be a stud inside for us. Guy has 29 TFL in two years. That's not playing beside players like Garrett and Ogbah. The guys we are using up front are going to make the back end guys very happy.

I do hope we try to maneuver and get Desmond King today. I'm not as anti-secondary as far as our guys go, as some are, but he brings some versatility, and put up great numbers at Iowa. Haden is the big question mark for me. Is he going to be healthy and back to his normal self, or is he done? I think Taylor will have another solid year in the slot. I really liked BBC and what he did last year, and think he has some real potential. Tyvis Powell at safety is a wild card. You know he is gonna work his [inappropriate/removed] off.

We arguably have drafted 5 future starters in this draft class already. We have 5 early picks next year to address whatever needs we will have at the time. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Tarvarus McFadden, Are all top prospects we should get a crack at if we need to go early there.

Give me one of those, and give me Barkley, and wowser!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devante Mays with one of those 6th would be nice.

I've liked his potential for a while now.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MWil23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mixon, Vontaze Burfect, and Pacman Jones walk into a Cincinnati bar...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
I am so excited about what we have done in the draft so far. Kizer, despite whatever any individual's opinion was on him, was right up there all pre-draft season long as one of the top QB prospects in this class. To get him in the end of round 2, rather than spending a first round pick on him as other teams did, is amazing to me. Larry Ogunjobi is going to be a stud inside for us. Guy has 29 TFL in two years. That's not playing beside players like Garrett and Ogbah. The guys we are using up front are going to make the back end guys very happy.

I completely agree about Kizer. He was considered a top draft prospect because of all the tools he has in the game. Yea he had little issues that casued him to fall. Getting him with 52 is a major steal. I think it is a major steal because he has all the talent in the world to be a franchise QB. He has the arm to make any throws he wants. Watching the Gruden QB I like that he had the mentality that he loves knowing he has the arm to prove DCs wrong. It might be the gun slinger in him but if you have the arm you better use it. In reality I would love to see Hue use him like he used Dalton. To me they are not the same player but they have similar traits. Hue utilize Dalton's big arm. Specially when it came to Dalton to Eifert ( Kizer to Njoku anyone) Also Hue liked using Dalton's mobility at times. I remember Hue calling a couple read option plays vs the Browns. Not saying I want that to be a part of the play book but if a DE is getting very aggressive, its great to have to punish them once or twice a game. Kizer has the ability to make a team pay. Hue liked to role out and move Dalton at times and he can do that with Kizer. I also think Kizer could really blossom under Hue. Kelly at ND to me isnt really a players coach. More of a dictator type coach. I think Kizer playing for a coach like Hue might be good for him. Also never hurts rooting for an ohio boy

I knew nothing about Ogunjobi but after reading up about him I think he could be great on this DL. Has the size to help defend the run but has the ability to get in the back field and cause Havoc. Like you said he had 29 TFLs in 2 years. Heck watching his highlights, yes I know they are highlights, they can make anyone look good, but watching them, he doesnt look like a 300+lnb DL. Guy is built pretty well. Then I read about how he had amazing senior bowl and I am not surprised they went after him.

H2ThaIzzo wrote:

I do hope we try to maneuver and get Desmond King today. I'm not as anti-secondary as far as our guys go, as some are, but he brings some versatility, and put up great numbers at Iowa. Haden is the big question mark for me. Is he going to be healthy and back to his normal self, or is he done? I think Taylor will have another solid year in the slot. I really liked BBC and what he did last year, and think he has some real potential. Tyvis Powell at safety is a wild card. You know he is gonna work his [inappropriate/removed] off.

I also agree with you about our anti-secondary. I think our secondary is in decent shape. They werent that bad last year. Hard to be a good secondary when you have no pass rush from the front 7. There was a reason the browns were 2nd to last in sacks. I think the addition of Garrett and a DC who loves to blitz should be tremendous to creating pressure on a QB.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Tarvarus McFadden, Are all top prospects we should get a crack at if we need to go early there.

Exaxtly!

You get two first for next year

If Kizer is the guy wow your golden

If he's not you've got the ammo to trade up

They played this perfectly

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Devante Mays with one of those 6th would be nice.

I've liked his potential for a while now.

I like him, but he's always banged up.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is probably the most fun day for the nerds. Just pick whoever you want. You're not expecting them to be a major contributor, except on special teams.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, the players we took ALL fit the profile of players teams in our conference would have taken which is pretty sweet.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Tarvarus McFadden, Are all top prospects we should get a crack at if we need to go early there.

Exaxtly!

You get two first for next year

If Kizer is the guy wow your golden

If he's not you've got the ammo to trade up

They played this perfectly

Be honest, how many times have you fapped in the last 12 hours?

Is there any skin left?

Happy for you bro, it's always great when the team picks "your guy".

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Burleson is giving his advice to rookies on NFLN.

Great message. I hope that the league puts this video on a thumbdrive and gives it to everyone coming into the league.

Darned powerful message.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: